Home

Has multiplayer problems kept you away?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Has the multiplayer issues kept you away from playing?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Has the multiplayer issues kept you away from playing?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't play online
    • I just don't play the game online much

Guest DarthMaulUK

All the multiplayer issues have been well documented and I know that Petroglyph are working extremely hard to get the next patch out (and including a 43 planet campaign map) but I was wondering, if like me, all the problems of connecting and trying to get a game has pushed you away from playing online?

I am still having alot of fun playing offline, although the AI does throw up the odd shock and I am itching to play online again soon.

DMUK

Honnestly speaking, I wasn't able to connect to a single game yet. I tryed everything so far but no luck at all. Since there are some major issues with AI in GC I'm only playing skirmish games but that is starting to get boring too.

Well i have played online since the second day after release and no major online probs only lag if have 4vs4. Orao maybe u should try switch ur router newest one if it is old like i have only nearly 20 years old lol pretty much eh? but still working fine :D

Ive managed to play 2 laggy games online, 1v1, although 1mpbs connection here and a fine-tuned dsl modem/router with NAPT and UPnP fully enabled, plus all firewall settings correct.

What is the real problem is that you can settle a game you want, let's say 4v4. The only way you can play around is that "Quick Mathc", as soon as the "quick matched" game won't lag out.......

Finally, although Torpid knows this already, you can NOT play MP with modded files, even if the players have the exact same xmls/folders............which keeps me 100% away from MP, since id like to play in MP with a mod i prefer.

Geez, what are you people doing wrong? I played like 10 games over the weekend that were TOTALLY lag free (Online Campaigns so 1vs1)...

I've found a new trick that seems to work rather well in establishing god connections...

When the person who joins my game accepts I count 10 seconds THEN hit start game... It might be coincedental, bu teverytime I do that I get a connection right away, as opposed to clicking start the moment the button lights up, doesn't seem to work well... :/

My game is pretty much always <Insert Game Name Here>

I can connect to games just fine, the problem that I have is that the "An Exceptions has occured" bug kills me. There are times when I can play 2 games in a row just fine, and other times where it dies in the middle of trying to connect to a game. I have had to stop playing altogether b/c I dont want to be the guy who ruins the game for everyone else.

Does anyone know about a fix for this that I dont? Is this a problem for anyone else? Has anyone heard if this will be fixed in the next patch?

A lot of questions, but I havent found many answers thus far.

I havn't had many connection issues in comparison to most and have managed to join about 9 out of 14 games iniated. I seem unable to host a game sadly. Ofcourse, I havn't played alot of MP because of the small mods I've made for myself. I do get bad lag on high detail but if I reduce it to the lowest setting there's hardly any lag really.

However, whena large number of ISDs and Mon Cals come on(usually the ISDs alone are enough), my computer becomes a slideshow. I've found Norton can be bypassed for a brief time too but eventualy blocks my connection, but once I'm on MP it seems to work just fine with or without Norton.

Over all...I'd say it hasn't kept me away but it's making me play less than I'd like.

Have not had to many problems online, i can connect to 90% of games as i've configured my wirefall to run this game (had to do it myself though) the only time it fails to connect is when the other person has not configured their fw.

The online lobby/set up is too basic we need more options also we need to see the ping of other players.

And quickmatch needs fixed to many games get double wins or people D/c on you and do not get a loss.

I've been able to play about 5 or so online games. But the sad part is that I have played 5 of about 30 or so attempts. In other words, I have tried to start 30 or so games and only about 5 worked. It's a real shame.

Not to mention I can only do 1 on 1s. The chances of getting the bigger stuff working are slim to none. If the next patch fixes some of these issues then I will most likely play more.

I have many games under my belt but the lack of options and the buddy list system grind me down tremendously. I'm not playing as much as I like because of this.

The buddy list really grinds on me at the moment, if some pm's you then everything stops until you address it. plus you can only type about 5 words at a time which is a pain, would be nice to have a tab function so it doesn't stop you from typing in the lobby everytime someone pm's you. Then there is the lobby...... I mean just wow. The amount of immature kids spouting off abusive and racist remarks, spamming up the lobby to high heaven and back simply makes my eyes bleed. The USA server is by far the worst. Would be good if they include a tab feature so you could still talk in the lobby while your in a game room (HW2 for example) Communication is so restrictive and annoying at present.

The Game has flaws but hopefully, Petro will solve all these issues then EaW will simply fly.

I can connect and so on perfectly fine, but what I cannot do is try playing with quickmatch or join through the lobby... I pretty much have to keep waiting for it to initialize and I give up after a couple minutes.. So needless to say, I haven't played the game in a while since I am through with campeign.

I said yes, but the connecting pros arent the only thing (ben playing BFME2 a lot lately ^^). But when they fix the server connection issues, I'll play a bit more on-line, but I sure hope other people do, since the on-line community is VERY small IMO.

The only major issue I ran into are the comments made in the lobby!!! I mean, I havent heard more childish comments at once since well... never. This might not offend you, but I just feel like banning those people myself. I just think petro should get some 24h supervisors take turns in there, I mean 1/2 the people would be banned.

Definitely a problem...

There are not nearly as many people playing online as you would expect by the sales (#1 in very relevant countrys for gaming industry - like uk, germany, US etc), and those that are there don't seem very concerned with building a sense of community. I personally blame gamespy.

Yes. The Multiplayer issues have kept EaW on the shelf. In fact, I've already switched over to BFME II, which has an infinitely superior multiplayer setup.

Sorry Petro. Unless you revamp Multiplayer, EaW is looking more and more like a waste of money.

Archived