Home

Best acting?

Yohein

I've heart most of LucasArts adventure games acting (I mean the English version, of course). Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, The Dig, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango... and I think Grim Fandango has the best acting. Monkey Island acting is brilliant too, but especially in Monkey 4 I missed some "liveliness" in certain dialogues (specially after playing the Spanish version). But Grim Fandango looks perfect for me in everything. All the voices are perfectly chosen and do a fantastic job. What do you think? Do you think it's the best acting too or not? :lol:

When I saw the title I thought you were asking who was the best actor in GF and I went "How can we choose?" :confused: Then I read what you really were saying.

Yeah, I agree. Haven't really seen anything that had such a brilliant and stable cast as GF. There are other games with brilliant voice acting, but they usually include a few lesser actors as well.

The acting was so polished in Grim. Although the only thing that I thought felt out of place was Hector's cheesey joke near the end. I forget what he says exactly but he says something then "Get it? Leaf?" and then goes on to laugh in a really children's-movie-villian way.

I agree with Thrik. I liked that phrase Hector says. In fact, I think it fits very well with the acting Hector had, because in some phrases he looked like a "big kid", with those little laughter he was always doing.

Yeah. When will villains learn that you should never leave the protagonist to die on his/her own? Always be there and make sure they do kick the bucket.

From Austin Powers:

Dr. Evil: All right guard, begin the unnecessarily slow-moving dipping mechanism.

[guard starts dipping mechanism]

Dr. Evil: Close the tank!

Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!

Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

Scott Evil: I have a gun, in my room, you give me five seconds, I'll get it, I'll come back down here, BOOM, I'll blow their brains out!

Dr. Evil: Scott, you just don't get it, do ya? You don't.

Ah, what a movie :)

Archived