Home

How hot can it get?

tk102

The problem with that "new energy source" is that to somehow use it, you have to keep it somewhere. And there is no such material which can take that heat.

However, scientists have found the solution! At nuclear fusion tests, they used a magnetic field! Inside that field the fusion took place, the only problem is that generating that magnetic field needs more energy than nuclear fusion would produce! What a pity, it would be the solution for all energy problems!

That's not what I read and quoted, Vaelastraz...

Inside that field the fusion took place, the only problem is that generating that magnetic field needs more energy than nuclear fusion would produce!

vs.

Also, when the high temperature was achieved, the Z machine was releasing more energy than was originally put in, something that usually occurs only in nuclear reactions.

The problem with that "new energy source" is that to somehow use it, you have to keep it somewhere. And there is no such material which can take that heat.

However, scientists have found the solution! At nuclear fusion tests, they used a magnetic field! Inside that field the fusion took place, the only problem is that generating that magnetic field needs more energy than nuclear fusion would produce! What a pity, it would be the solution for all energy problems!

You're referring to cold fusion, wherein a force (for instance electromagnetism) is used to try and overcome the electromagnetic force that propels the two hydrogen atoms away from each other. What I'm referring to is just "plain" nuclear fusion, in which enough heat is generated to propel two hydrogen atoms at approx. 10^6 m/s (I think it's meters per second, but I might be wrong-it's 4:45 AM where I am), the speed necessary to overcome the electromagnetic force that propels each atom away from each other.

Archived