Home

Galactic Conquest Changes?

Niner_777

Well the two biggies for me are,

1: Make it a playable mode online. Yeah, I know simple to say hard to do, but I really think it would be a worthwhile mode, maybe winning/losing would actually matter to people for a change...

2: Make some of the bonus' more worthwhile. I mean some are absolutly worthless, auto turrets for example. Either improve them (ie: Replace the 1 crappy auto turret with three of those tripod mounted ones, that might actually be able to help defend the base.) Or dump them for somthing a little bit more useful.

A few more suggestions: Since when was 1 capital ship considered a fleet? How about allowing you to combine multiple capital ships to form 'real' fleets. The bigger the fleet, the larger the attacking force both in space and on land.

Also I know I've mentioned this before, but how about planet specific or faction specific bonus's? Somthing unique you'd have that the other guys wouldn't. Of course they would have somthing unique to themselves as well.

I liked SWBF1's approach to planetary bonuses. It made it worthwhile to attack one planet vs. the other. I also liked that it took two rounds to actually capture a planet. It'd be nice to also be able to blockade planets that you didn't want to capture, so as to cut off the planetary bonuses from the enemy.

...1: Make it a playable mode online. Yeah, I know simple to say hard to do, but I really think it would be a worthwhile mode, maybe winning/losing would actually matter to people for a change...
1: Almost exactly what Battle For The Galaxy Tournment ([bFG], [Y4D], and [10L] tags) is about. Each side takes a turn and attacks a planet. If they are able to win the space battle (5-8 battles averaged together), then next week's battle is played on the planet. Winning planets gets you credits which your team can use to buy new weapons, better armor, better/more vehicles, more reenforcments, better fleets, launch sneak attacks, etc...

2: Make some of the bonus' more worthwhile. I mean some are absolutly worthless, auto turrets for example. Either improve them (ie: Replace the 1 crappy auto turret with three of those tripod mounted ones, that might actually be able to help defend the base.) Or dump them for somthing a little bit more useful.
2: How about a sneak attack during the week aganist a custom map which represents a Rebel fighter repair station or Imperial weapon store. Winning will affect the teams, like unlocking better weapons, removing reenforcments for the losing team, no vehicles, less fighters, etc... depending on the map attacked. These changes are determined during smaller battles during the week and will be reflected in the main battle on the weekend.

Also I know I've mentioned this before, but how about planet specific or faction specific bonus's? Somthing unique you'd have that the other guys wouldn't. Of course they would have somthing unique to themselves as well.
Yup, we're in the process of making these too.

The Battle For The Galaxy Tournment is like a large, very dynamic, and online version of Galactic Conquest. Each side (only Imperials and Rebels) has companies which represents the airforce (space fighting and ground vehicles), infantry, and Special Ops. Players have ranks. Main battles are fought on the weekends and practices and small raids are during the week. We have both USA and European timed practices. Current member count: 206.

Check it out at http://www.battleforthegalaxy.com

(The main site really sucks and has never been updated, so look at the public forums: http://www.battleforthegalaxy.com/forums/ )

I also think that each planet should have some bonus that comes along with it, something special to that particular planet. This would allow for more tactical options. Another idea, which wouldn't really make a difference but would be cool, is to have your fleets color coded. One fleet's armor would have a red stripe on it or something. Just a little idea.

Something that I think would be cool is having multiple maps for each planet. You could choose which fronts on each planet to attack first. This way, you wouldn't take over a planet by just defeating the opponent in one battle. This would make the game drastically longer and deeper. This could be a bad thing or a good thing, though I like long games because it feels like I got my money's worth out of the game. This would be harder to make because of all the battlefield maps that would need to be made. It would also probably take up a lot of space (maps again). Games are always getting more complicated. Who knows what will be possible for future gamming.

I don't really have a problem with the bonuses. Some I rarely use. In my opinion, the Galactic Conquest in battlefront 2 opens up many more possibilities than in battlefront 1, but nothing is perfect.

hmmm....

maybe you could send out scouts or something to plot new hyperspace routes to get from planet to planet.... it would probably end up in a space battle between a group of space pirates or something. But if you win, you could attack a planet and thake the enmy by suprise!

ill go back to my box now...

• 2 weeks later...

I want to move more than one ship in one turn,more bonuses,you should be able to have more bonuses in your chache,and be able to use 2 bonuses in one battle.you could pawn your enemy if you could use the garrison bonus and hero bonus. :saberb::blast10::flamethro:grnlaz:

I like the idea of moving more then one fleet in one turn, so you could mobilize, or combine fleets easily without wating whole turns just too combine a large amount of ships into a huge fleet.

I also like the idea of having a "core world" to defend, sort of like how it was in BF1, execpt you could actually manuver ships near this world and attack it, so you wouldn't necessarily need to conquer the entire galaxy. However some planets are very helpful as they provide speacial bonuses or at least lots of credits you'll need to keep up your fleets.

Or another interesting idea, how about having "leaders" for each faction, each side has several and they can be moved and assigned to certain fleets and worlds, effectivly making it your "capital". You could have powerhouses like Greivous and maybe more behind the scenes toadies like Gunray, these guys could offer speacial bonus's to whatever planet they occupy, but need to be defended. If all of them are assassinated then you lose. So you might move them to small remote planets which are almost usless in other ways (Can you say Polis Massa?) to keep them safe, or move them to more central planets to maximize their usefullness.

I think that it would be cool to have many more planets and many more battlefields on each planet. The game could be so much longer and in depth. There would have to be many many maps, but I like diversity in video games. I want the galactic conquest to be something that takes me a while to beat, not just some side game that I can beat in a couple of days. I'm not saying that they sould focus solely on the GC though. I think the campaign missions were fun, they could have been longer still. So much they could have added. *sigh*

P.S. It would be really cool if you could play GC online, especially with all the new battlefronts. :)

Archived