Home

Mysteries of the Sith mod for JA!

Sepher

Hey guys, Jedi Knight and MOTS was 2 of the best games I ever played, I was playing DF2 mod for JA and thought man I wonder what it would look like with the maps of MOTS in the JA engine?

So here it is, the Mysteries Of the Sith TC, now It is only me sofar that is on the team, so in other words Im recruiting to see if anyone would like to join the team!!

You dont have to be a perfect modder, mapper, or skinner, just have the will and eager ness to see it get done!!

So plz if you would like to help out with the mod, plz let me know via this forum my forum or xfire.

thank you guys!

xfire: KAUS

Forums:http://WWW.21stNovaCorps.proboards56.com

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly there's not much interest left in JA for these types of large projects. Even the Dark Forces mod has slowed down dramatically.

You'd be better off starting a MotS mod for an unrelated but superior game, like Half-Life 2 or something. Can't beat the Source engine.

I was playing DF2 mod for JA

I think you mean DF since DF2 hasn't been released yet, except perhaps for our Yun duel map.

Anyway, making a MOTS of the Sith mod without any of the assets of Jedi Knight is kind of redundant, especially when all that material can easily be reused when Jedi Knight is finished or, if you really want to push it, completed a substantial portion of the game.

Sadly there's not much interest left in JA for these types of large projects. Even the Dark Forces mod has slowed down dramatically.

You'd be better off starting a MotS mod for an unrelated but superior game, like Half-Life 2 or something. Can't beat the Source engine.

QFT!

Mysteries of the Sith was one the best games I ever played, slightly exceeding the greatness of JK IMO. I would love to see its brilliance in story, atmosphere, action, and adventure brought to the light of a modern graphics engine just as TK suggested. HL2's Source Engine is perfect because the community is huge, the engine is powerful yet not too cumbersome (coughDoom3cough), Steam can deliver, and the technology gets updated frequently.

• 3 weeks later...
I think you mean DF since DF2 hasn't been released yet, except perhaps for our Yun duel map.

Anyway, making a MOTS of the Sith mod without any of the assets of Jedi Knight is kind of redundant, especially when all that material can easily be reused when Jedi Knight is finished or, if you really want to push it, completed a substantial portion of the game.

Ya I ment DF sry, and about not using the assests of jk, we arnt, we mostly plan on remaking it, but also using ALOT of mots's resources as templates.

Just watch and see and you'll be surprised.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/MOTS_Mod/index.php?act=idx

• 6 months later...
QFT!

Mysteries of the Sith was one the best games I ever played, slightly exceeding the greatness of JK IMO. I would love to see its brilliance in story, atmosphere, action, and adventure brought to the light of a modern graphics engine just as TK suggested. HL2's Source Engine is perfect because the community is huge, the engine is powerful yet not too cumbersome (coughDoom3cough), Steam can deliver, and the technology gets updated frequently.

Steam sucks. Sure, it's a good idea, if you have broadband so that you can easily download the patches it force-feeds you, and if the company's server is up, and if the company never goes out of business.

I predict that a decade from now, nobody will be able to install Half-Life 2 without resorting to cracks because Steam will either be long-gone or Valve will no longer support games older than 5 years or so. Even then, where will you get patches for it?

"Steam Powered"? More like "Steam Crippled"

• 10 months later...

Wow. I haven't received a email notifications from LFN in a LOOOONG time.

Anyway, our website is located here:

http://shamusworld.gotdns.org/df2mod/news.html

There haven't been updates in quite a while, though I've been meaning to pull together some screenshots. Mostly, I'm doing the bulk of the work now and between my junior year of university, DFMod, and other projects it's slow going. Our Yun multiplayer demo should be available through one of the posts on the news page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I doubt we'll ever see anything out of MOTS mod again. I hope we do though.

Speaking of forums being down, DF2Mod's message board is down:

http://df2mod.freeforumhost.com/

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/freeforu/public_html/config/multiforums.config.inc.php on line 15
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1017 Can't find file: './freeforu_sebflipper/df2mod_config.frm' (errno: 13)

SELECT * FROM df2mod_config

Line : 277
File : common.php

• 4 weeks later...

The last that I heard was from the horse's mouth itself. The mod has been discontinued. I was given their source files as a backup just in case they want to start it up again. If not, then after the SOTE mod is completed I will start MOTS mod up myself.

The DF2Mod forums are down for the very same reason as MOTS. We had nothing but problems with spam bots and it also looks like our host Freeforumhost isn't very reliable with their own network as their main page displays similar coding errors. Based on our experience, I wouldn't recommend them and it doesn't look like I'd recommend invisionfree either, although I can't personally speak for Seph or any of the other MOTS team members. As for the project itself, I'm sad to see it go as they made some really cool stuff.

Jedispy, if you're willing to pick it up or DFMod when it wraps (I know we talked about that. It took longer than expected to finish) just let me know. I might have a busy schedule but I'm more than willing to give it the time, whenever I can.

We'll see how things are going. SOTE Mod has actually been productive and busy lately. By the way, if there are any former team members of DFMOD and/or MOTS mod, please give me shout out. We can surely use the help (modelers, mappers, scripters, programmer, vocalists, etc.... sorry for the shameless plug)

• 4 months later...

Archived