Home

Mysteries of the Sith mod for JA!

Sepher

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Settled and arranged. The mod will continue full force soon. We have the source files, it's not much, but it's a start. We're in the planning stages right now(seeing what has to be done, if there are any models we can use, mailing around,etc.) expect to hear from us soon :)

Settled and arranged. The mod will continue full force soon. We have the source files, it's not much, but it's a start. We're in the planning stages right now(seeing what has to be done, if there are any models we can use, mailing around,etc.) expect to hear from us soon :)
Got a website yet?

If you're willing to wait a little while, there's a source code release for the full iD Tech 4 engine due mid-2009.

It'll give you far more power than JA will, at any rate, and you might actually have a chance at getting an MotS remake that captures the fun parts of the original's gameplay, which JK2 and JA totally failed to do.

Just a thought, and a better idea than a Half-Life 2 mod at any rate.

Oh, and.... Forumer? Yuck. Whoever recommended that to you, did it purely out of spite....

I'm not sure about the iD tech 4 engine. We'll have to wait for quite a while, and it'll be loads more work. That's not a problem per se, but at the moment, for us, iD tech 3 is enough. We might have a look at iD tech 4 when the time comes. I'm uncertain as to what you're referring to as the 'fun parts', which iD tech 3 shouldn't be able to reproduce. Please explain.

If you have a better forum suggestion, feel free to share :)

Edit: actually, seeing if we can get a forum at lucasforums might be an idea. Although I don't know who to ask..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thought I'd add some menu stuff

datapadgh0.jpg

maralvl11bd2.jpg

rankmenuot0.jpg

Do note: on some of the screenshots, some old textures are used due to not everything being recreated yet. If the new textures aren't created yet, we resize and use the old textures to see what it looks like, this makes it really easy to replace the texture later on, by just replacing the image. We'll post some new texture work and a few other screenshots of altyr soon(as soon as we have time to make some comparison shots)

• 1 month later...

Neat idea! I hope you include a "purple tinted" variation of the Mara Jade

skin. ;)

Tip: If you're going to make this, release a Multiplayer pack at the start,

which will help generate interest while you work on the LOOOONG SP process.

Also, could you turn those giant pics into thumbnails or hot links so we don't have

to scroll horizontally so much? Not all of us are running our displays at 1600x1200, you know!

Kurgan, do you mean the purple jacket? Unfortunately, that won't be part of this mod. It was only featured on the box and manual covers anyway, so it won't be a part of this at all. That jacket variation can be downloaded anywhere the Mara model is available anyway.

Hey, M@RS. Yes, that is the plan. exonimus already has the dialogue audio from me for both the first mission's cutscene and also the one for Mara and Mon Mothma talking on the Shrike/Mara landing the Shrike at Dromund Kaas. I have all of them ripped and they are on my hard drive. As soon as he needs them, he gets them for the reconstructed cutscenes.

• 2 weeks later...
Kurgan, do you mean the purple jacket? Unfortunately, that won't be part of this mod. It was only featured on the box and manual covers anyway, so it won't be a part of this at all. That jacket variation can be downloaded anywhere the Mara model is available anyway.

Point taken, but it's cool so I thought you might want to include it, but yeah

I suppose you're right!

Hey, M@RS. Yes, that is the plan. exonimus already has the dialogue audio from me for both the first mission's cutscene and also the one for Mara and Mon Mothma talking on the Shrike/Mara landing the Shrike at Dromund Kaas. I have all of them ripped and they are on my hard drive. As soon as he needs them, he gets them for the reconstructed cutscenes.

Ah, awesome. :D

• 9 months later...

Well its been some time since we did an update. work has been slow but progressing none-the-less here are some screens of the progress being made

undead2.jpg

republic_solder.jpg

republic_solder2.jpg

mots_kyle2.jpg

male_civilians.jpg

male_civilians2.jpg

New Pistol Animation by katanamaru

shot0132.png

shot0131.png

And early work on the Asteroid Core.

core5.th.jpg

core3.th.jpg

core4.th.jpg

core2s.th.jpg

core1u.th.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So it's been sometime since we have said anything so I suppose news is better than no news. And with that this will be short and bitter sweet. We have decided to cease work on the MOTS mod which I’m sure comes as no surprise. With that being said here is the link to download what we have. Maybe someone will carry on maybe not. In any event it was fun working on this for the time that we did. Thanks for everyone’s support as well! The JA mod community though very critical at times is still pretty loyal.

Regards

MOTS Team

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/365903/9BAnIW2HkE5nr4oQ/MOTS.zip

Archived