Home

Star Wars Questions

Xbx_Inthusiast

I'm wondering a few things.

1. How come I see alot about Luke's clone 'Luuke' who I believe was Darksided. I can't seem to find a movie or anything that have him in it, and i've seen screenshots..
  2. Mara Jade Skywalker, i've seen a couple movie screenshots of her too, which makes me wonder.
  3. I know Aurra Sing was in Episode Three, but i've seen some screenshots of a movie with her in a Sith Academy like place, not infront of a bunch of Republic Troopers.

This is where I saw these, here are the links to the pictures.

Mara Jade (Dunno if it's a screenshot)

Can't find the Luuke picture! I've been looking for a good hour now and I can't find the site that showed lightsabers from A-z and it had pictures to go along with it, Luuke is clearly from a movie on there.(He had a blue face, much like a Chiss)

Aurra Sing, looks CGI but still, It kinda looks like a movie, must've evaded me if it wasn't from a movie.

Well, Mara Jade was an Emperor's Hand, who from 4 ABY until 9 ABY she had an intense desire to kill Luke because of what happened on the second Death Star, and then they got married in 19 ABY. She later got sick and almost died during the Yuuzhan Vong War, before giving birth to Ben Skywalker.

How come I see alot about Luke's clone 'Luuke' who I believe was Darksided. I can't seem to find a movie or anything that have him in it, and i've seen screenshots..

Luuke, the clone of Luke is from the novel The last command by Timothy Zahn. He isn't in any movie, at least not an official one. If you say you saw a movie with him in it, it must have been a fan made film. The only image i can think of him is in the comic book based on the novel.

He was cloned by a crazy Dark Jedi clone from the hand Luke lost on Bespin and used his old lightsaber (his father's). I don't know if he really is darkside, he does nothing but fight and die actually.

Mara Jade Skywalker, i've seen a couple movie screenshots of her too, which makes me wonder.

Mara Jade is a character introduced in the novel Heir to the Empire also by Tim Zahn. The image you have is from the Trading Card game, with the model Shannon Baksa posing as Mara Jade. At that point Mara Jade was a well established EU Character that appeared in several comics and novels. As Alkonium said she eventually ends up becoming Mrs. Skywalker.

I know the story, just didn't know the details of the pictures. Thanks for clearing it up for me, and if I can find that picture... i'll tell ya. Even though it might be from a trading card game..

EDIT:: Wow, must've totally overlooked her in Episode 1.. she should've had a bigger part. Anyway, I've gotta see that movie again, just to look for that certain part.

Well, Mara Jade was an Emperor's Hand, who from 4 ABY until 9 ABY she had an intense desire to kill Luke because of what happened on the second Death Star, and then they got married in 19 ABY. She later got sick and almost died during the Yuuzhan Vong War, before giving birth to Ben Skywalker.

um, NO. Check your sources !

Mara is still alive and kicking in the most recent EU(The Dark Nest Trilogy - 35 years after A New Hope) She's a Jedi Master now and still teases Luke by calling him farmboy :)

I <3 Mara/Arica/Shannon :)

baksa-arica.jpg

As for Aurra Sing, although she never made it back into the films(and no she isnt in the relief sculpture in Palpy's offfice in ROTS as some believe) she featured in some awesome Dark Horse Comics. Basiacally she is a fallen jedi student who was trained by the mysterious "Dark Woman". Although her former master rejoined the order for the Clone Wars, Aurra became a lightsaber wielding bounty hunter :)Clicky This

btw, this belongs in the very cool EU forum! Feel free to move it there :)

mtfbwya

Where'd that pic come from?! Never seen it before.. Ever, even though it looks like it is in one of the movies. And I agree, completely.

There arent any other movies apart from the 6 main films. There was a "Star Wars Christmas Special" that was aired in 1978 which featured some of the original cast but was a load of shyte.

Therefore, what you are referring to generally falls into "Expanded Universe"(EU), which is why the thread has ebded up here :)

EU refers to media/materials officially licensed by Lucasfilm that is relevant to characters/events/properties/concepts in the SW universe. In this instamc of "Luuke" and Mara, both were characters created for Timothy Zahns "Thrawn Trilogy"(TTT) Novels, which were later converted into comics and an audiobook. The scene of Mara in Jabbas palace is because the TTT Novels describe how Mara was actually present at Jabbas Palace when Luke/Han/Leia etc were taken captive. She was posing as a dancer called Arica, but missed her chance to kill Luke at that time.

Alot of the images you see are, as indicated by others, actually mock-up images/scenes created for video games, Star Wars Insider Magazine Articles or the various Star Wars Card Games :)

Feel free to read the EU FAQ I have created on the EU forum mainpage - it will fill you in on what has happened "beyond the films" :)

Feel free to ask any further questions you have in that thread.

mtfbwya

Thanks for posting that pic of Mara Jade the dancer. Now finally, we have visual proof against those who say that she was supposed to be one of the "new dancers" added in the Special Edition of ROTJ (she's not). That woman in blue is never seen anywhere, it's just a mockup for whatever EU game source.

I agree, the Thrawn Trilogy is overrated. People just remember it (even myself) best because it was unique at the time, the first officially liscensed set of adventures for the Star Wars cast after the classic trilogy. The many silly things that would become so cliche in the EU didn't seem so cliche at the time, we were just happy to have any new official Star Wars stories...

Not that Zahn is a bad writer by any means, but c'mon, there's a lot of silly stuff in there, that doesn't really fit with the movies, even before all the Special Edition changes and prequels made it fit even less.

And remember the graphic novel versions of Zahn's books are just one interpretation of what happened in them made a long time later (the art style was imitated for Mysteries of the Sith the game). Note the descriptions of Noghri for example vs. how the comic book portrays them. Or Thrawn's "holographic art gallery" thing in the comic vs. the book.

From what I remember, it looked like a bunch of green vector graphics about the size of a man. I pictured it more like a holodeck kind of thing that was semi-transparent. In my imagination it looked a lot cooler. I guess that would have been much harder to depict in comic book form, so they went with something that looked more like the death star plans projected in the air.

Archived