Home

Star Wars Questions

Xbx_Inthusiast

Thanks for posting that pic of Mara Jade the dancer. Now finally, we have visual proof against those who say that she was supposed to be one of the "new dancers" added in the Special Edition of ROTJ (she's not). That woman in blue is never seen anywhere, it's just a mockup for whatever EU game source....

It was the Decipher Card Game. Its one of my fave EU images - Ive actually got that very photo signed by Shannon McRandle on the wall in my study [/Jade Fanboy]

lolz..Ive heard about that ROTJ thing too - absolutely ridiculous. Jade/Arica DID appear in the ROTJ Radio Drama though, which was produced after the Thrawn Trilogy was written - I believe its what you canon-philes call "Retconning" :p

Zahn's whole Luuke and Joruus biz makes me laugh myself silly when people say TTT are the greatest EU books ever... people who obviously never got as far into the NJO to read "Traitor". Even outside the NJO, Matt Stover and James Luceno have helped keep modern EU alive with *character based* writing.

Zahn's characters in the TTT are very comic-book-esque. Rather than develop his characters, Zahn emmploys more comic book tricks in the body of the novel itself - the classic one being Jade's anguish in her mission being expressed in capital letters "YOU MUST KILL LUKE SKYWALKER!!!" :p

Still, from all reports, Zahn's new Outbound Flight is meant to be pretty good. I will be checking it out in a month or so :)

mtfbwya

I personally think James Luceno is far better than Zahn.

Also its got to be said Michael Reaves shadow hunter is possibly one of the best EU books i've read and really felt like starwars.

Im not really bothered by outbound flight at all if i come across the book in a libary or something i might pick it up but i wont go out my way.

Archived