Patch 1.03 - whats on the decks

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

############################################################

STAR WARS: EMPIRE AT WAR

Version 1.03

New Content

* Added a new Multiplayer Land Skirmish map: "Corellian Countdown." This Skirmish map allows players to raise their own population cap by taking control points. This is similar to how land maps in Campaign games work.

* Added a new 43 Planet Multiplayer Campaign Map: "Lines are Drawn." This is a larger Campaign map that contains all of the planets from galactic map used in the story.

New Features

* Added an "ignore" button to the Internet lobby. Ignored player chat is not seen in any Internet dialog, and Ignored players are shown in a different color in the player list.

* Added "Quality Lights" to the multiplayer game lobby screen to indicate connection performance between players. Detailed ToolTips will also display when the mouse cursor is hovering over the "quality"

lights.

* Added a "test connections" button to the multiplayer game lobby screen that allows players to test out their connections with other players in a match before starting.

New Fixes

* Corrected several issues that caused Quick Match to hang indefinitely.

* Corrected an issue where Quick Match would connect more than two players to a game, resulting in a sync error.

* Several stat exploits that have been discovered and abused have been corrected. As a result, the GameSpy Arena 1v1 Space Skirmish, 1v1 Land Skirmish and 1v1 Campaign ladders will be reset. It is important to note that the ladders will remain populated. However, the current stats will be cleared to coincide with the 1.03 update as this levels the playing field allowing all players to fairly earn a ladder rank.

* Victory movies can now be skipped in multiplayer games.

* Corrected an issue where AT-ATs would stop moving when tow-cabled by Rebel speeders, allowing players to stop the unit from suffering a successful tow-cable attack.

* Client player in a match is now allowed to change color/faction after pressing accept.

* Increased Multiplayer stability for LAN and Internet games.

* Corrected an issue that caused CD-Keys to become invalid when playing on Limited-User Windows profiles.

* Corrected several text issues, including the removal of references to the Venator and corrections for "missing" text problems.

* Corrected an issue that allowed Empire heroes to be placed on the Death Star.

* Numerous other improvements and corrections have also been made in this patch.

Balance Issues

* Improved targeting priority for AI when fighting Star

Destroyers.

* Increased the tractor beam hard point health from 100 to

150 for Star Destroyers.

* Increased the Garrison spawn time from 15 seconds to 25

Seconds for most buildings.

We just wanted to give everyone a quick update on our next patch.

Patch 1.03 is nearing the final phase of testing and we are expecting it to be released next week. The patch contains a wide array of updates and fixes resulting from feedback we have received from the community. Most importantly, connectivity issues should be greatly reduced. Along with fixes and tweaks made to the net code, we’ve added a new feature that will allow the host to “Test Connections” before the game launches to ensure connectivity is 100%. You may have also noticed some changes to the Star Wars: Empire at War GameSpy portal pages. We're revamping the ladders artistically as well as adding a few new stats to both the ladders and player profiles including disconnects/ out of syncs, favorite side, favorite ladder, best win streak and worst loss streak. Check them out when the patch goes live!

As an added bonus, patch 1.03 contains new content including 1 new land tactical multiplayer map (Corellia) that utilizes the single-player reinforcement pop cap system; per the request of the community. In addition we’ve added a brand new 43 planet multiplayer campaign map that will give fans hours upon hours of EAW online mayhem. This is our way of saying thanks for all the support!

We are also hard at work on the editor and will provide more detail on the release date and contents as soon as we can.

Both the Petroglyph and LEC teams appreciate your passion, enthusiasm, patience and support for Empire at War. We couldn't do it without you!

########

DMUK

Great to hear... more content is greatly appreciated :D

Would you guys be able to add in more unit types in future patches? Such as officially the Venator Star Destroyer, Tie Advanced etc? More varied maps on both ground and space settings would be great as well.

It's mostly MP fixes. I was hoping for a map editor and a LUA script editor (improved AI for singleplayer action).

Game is getting 'boring'.

Not much for a patch. I hope we can get the full tools set, or this game is going on the back burner for awhile.

I am sure the MP crowd will enjoy their fixes to play the game online (yawn).

------------------------------

Balance Issues

Destroyers.

150 for Star Destroyers.

--------------------

I could have done this myself weeks ago. That is it??

Bah, you kids are just whining, that's more then good enough for a regular patch. We got three patches in a month. You can't expect that much.

Kids? Although they may be whining remember your only 19. A young adult i guess. :) Anyways, i think that for a 3rd patch this is good. You people must understand that they can't add what ever you want them to add. They have listened to feedback and major/important issuies that needed to be fixed. Ex: Multiplayer. I think that this will be a excellent patch at least it is something no?

Anyone that is unimpressed with the patch has not had to suffer through the hell known as the multiplayer main chat room. The ignore button shall be my savior.

Also it is nice to see a couple new official maps as opposed to having to install a mod just to get all forty-three of my planets.

I am also happy to see all the work that went toward "connections" for multiplayer. 'Test Connection' is another thing I will charish. To those of you that stick to single player this patch may not seem like much, but for the rest of us I believe it is a much needed godsend.

Now for the long wait for my map editor!

------------------------------

Balance Issues

Destroyers.

150 for Star Destroyers.

--------------------

I could have done this myself weeks ago. That is it??

Contrary to most people's comments, me (and i bet most modders out there) are happy that the XML files were not touched, since every single modder out there would have to re-edit all the xml files to convice people that "this mod is compatible with 1.03".............which would drove some modders jump out of a window :)

What i expected is a LAN/MP good mode.

---->>> Torpid-PG: Can we play with modded files now (when every player has the same mod installed)?!?!?!?! PLEASE, I BEG YOU, DO NOT RELEASE THIS PATCH IF WE CANNOT PLAY WITH MODS INSTALLED!!!

That's it , im done :)

Both the Petroglyph and LEC teams appreciate your passion, enthusiasm, patience and support for Empire at War. We couldn't do it without you!

On LEC fourms it says this

Both the LEC and Petroglyph teams appreciate your passion, enthusiasm, patience and support for Empire at War. We couldn't do it without you!

I guess they changed it!

The patch may not seem like it has much, but it is about quality and not quantity. Im also glad to see that they have the capable to publish new maps and are actually willing to do so. This is really nice for the community and makes all the more fun to play.

I agree with you Raxor, I will definetely have fun on the 43 planet galatic conquest as well, espicially over LAN.

I for one, am happy with the patch, the fixes are appreciated. I've got a question though that needs answering: Anyone know if an observer mode is being contemplated? So many RTS games have this feature and on GC I think it would be a terrific addition.

There is a slight workaround for spectators. simply join a game and if the host is willing to have you in to spectate the game then you just join as normal. But don't do a thing, obviously a LOT of trust is involved and you can only really see the game from 1 teams point of view, but it can be done.

Wow. That's actually a lot of fixes for one patch, plus the extra content that usually only comes in an $$$expansion pack$$$.

The list may seem short, but they claim to have fixed most of the major bugs I've seen, and the statement also says "Numerous other improvements and corrections have also been made in this patch".

So, before you all start complaining that something was left out, let's try it out when it's actually here. The full list may be rather more extensive.

I think they are being really proactive in a way that most game companies seem to find impossible. I hope this level of customer service is a sign of things to come in the gaming industry. Customer service has always been the red-headed-stepchild in the gaming industry. If Petroglyph is trying to set a new standard of service and community involvement, I'll buy every game they make. That's the kind of thing I'm willing to support with my money. Besides, compared to other forms of entertainment, gaming is really quite affordable when you look at the cost/time ratio.

My personal thanks to Petro and Lucas for the update.

There is a slight workaround for spectators. simply join a game and if the host is willing to have you in to spectate the game then you just join as normal. But don't do a thing, obviously a LOT of trust is involved and you can only really see the game from 1 teams point of view, but it can be done.

Yeah hehe that is true, but still it'd be great to be able to spectate on a GC. That'll be a real milestone should they ever implement this.

Archived