Home

Games you want to be created that have yet to be made.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Star Wars strategy game. One with a lot more depth than Empire at War. EAW was fun, but even with the expansion pack there's not enough layers to it. I want actual research of technologies in the game; for example, I shouldn't get TIE Defenders (or whatever) automatically just by getting to a certain "Tech Level". I should need to research that stuff and so on. I'd also like more than one resource in the game.

If Half-Life 2 was released 6 years after Half-life 1, by definition of a half-life, wouldn't we be playing Half-Life 3 by now?

Go on the Valve forums with that tidbit of info. I think you would stir up a big controversy.

Anyway. I believe the main reason why they didn't want to try making Half-Life 3 after Half-Life 2 was because the source engine was still new and they didn't want to create a new game with a completely new engine that still didn't exist. So they created Episode 1 to continue the story arc.

I do hope for Half-Life 2 episode 3. But it won't come out for a long time acording to Valve. Lets hope we get to see some Portal refrences in Episode 3 as we know it is tied to Arpeture sciences. (I can't remember how it is spelt). I doubt we would see Half-Life 3 for a long time. I bet almost anything that Duke Nukem Forever is going to be released before Half Life 3

Some games that I would want to be created would be a sequel to Jedi Academy (I have a lot of ideas for plot and gameplay), a half-way decent Spyro game by Insomniac (I might as well ask for it to rain blood as Insomniac really wants to devote itself to Ratchet and Clank).

Almost everything else that I would want is a remake. But that is because of how ignorant gamers are becoming nowadays. I am not speaking about the slurs that we are hearing on Xbox Live or about how most Gamers are computer nerds. I am speaking about how most modern gamers are completely graphics devoted. I got into a debate with one gamer about Deus Ex who automatically said from looking at screenshots, that Deus Ex was "A horrible game". When I asked him why he said it was because of the graphics which he automatically translated meant it was a horrible game

Sorry about that. I just have a lot on my mind. Anyway, most games I would want are just remakes of the originals with newer engines and graphics. So at least ignorant gamers would like them

whoa..major thread bumpage.

My previous choices are all nice(Indy RPG, KOTOR JA style etc), but id like to add

*Time Travel RPG:

Set the clock to 58-6 BC. I want to kick Cato's Ass out of the governorship of my homeland... I'd send his head to Caesar in a box with a note saying "saving you the trouble" ...and get +3 TimeTravelNinja Points :p

Next stop.... Anno Domini.... if there really was a 'jesus in a manger' situation, Id pop on some whacky clothes and turn up with a PSP. What's a kid gonna do with Myrrh :p Never give gifts that names sound like noises you make when you get kicked in the nuts....

mtfbwya

A Star Wars Action RPG, in the vein of Mass Effect and Jade Empire, with a good lightsaber combat system. Preferably using a system something like this, courtesy of Shamus Young. Not a game that's a direct sequel to anything else, preferably exploring a period of the history that's been ignored or just glossed over, with some good characters, Jennifer Hale doing at least one voice, no Sbarge, and sweet ship that doesn't look like the Millennium Falcon.

A Star Wars Action RPG, in the vein of Mass Effect and Jade Empire, with a good lightsaber combat system. Preferably using a system something like this, courtesy of Shamus Young.

I'd be 100% for this. Or even just a "lightsaber combat simulator" where it's all focused on multiplayer 1v1 and Light v Dark team battles with mutiple moves, stances, forms, different and adjustable combos, some force powers, etc. That link had some decent ideas. Edit: Also, I forgot, it's very important that you're able to create your own character for battles. I'm talking almost MMORPG style where you can choose your hair style, face shape, eye color, skin color, size of nose, mouth, facial hair, tattoos/scars, body shape, height, clothes/cloaks/capes all in the Star Wars style of course. Seeing unique characters running around is better than the 4 or 5 models you usually get in action FPS or third person view games.

But I'd settle for another half decent Star Wars game of any type, really.

Also, FreeSpace 3.

Lastly, I'd like somebody to make a new side scrolling fighting game in the vein of Final Fight or Streets of Rage either in 3d or with drawn sprites, I don't mind as long as it's fun. Seems like that genre of beat'em up has died (Other than the recently released Castle Crashers)

Archived