Home

Why Do Rebels Have Turbo Tower Lasers

Daniel333

Large turbolasers are older technology. Rebels have acess to them. Think about it though, the rebels also have acess to Ion Cannons which are about as old as the turbolasers and the rebels made use of them. They make use of both turbolasers and ion cannons on ships, etc. Admittedly it has the boxy shape of the Imperial turbo lasers which is a bit of an aesthetic issue, but honestly, they do and should have acess to turbo lasers.

If the Empire can rip them off their ships I don't see any reason why the Rebels can't. One thing that is weird though is that since they are shipguns shouldn't they be shooting at ships as well (during a space battle). The planet is not that far away from the station ORBITING it.

Why Do Rebels Have Turbo Laser Towers

It is just wierd that the rebels have turbolaser towers because arnt they the empires big guns. :blaze6::blaze6::blaze6:

If you had noticed, the turbolaser towers are manufactured by a company "Taim & Bak"

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/XX-10_turbolaser_tower

I'm not sure about the accuracy of wikipedia but if I owned that company "Taim & Bak), I would have sold to both sides as well. :)

The planet is not that far away from the station ORBITING it.

Actually, high orbit can be quite far, plus they would be firing and targeting through the atmosphere. The battle of Endor was further from the planet than the orbit of its moon. The average distance to OUR moon is 238,856 miles (it's an eliptical orbit, hence the average). That would be quite a shot, even for a computer. Even harder than bulls-eye'ing a wamprat.

Also, keep in mind that we are talking about Star Wars lasers, which don't move at the speed of light???? Never have figured that one out...

The laser aern't MADE of light. To my knowledge, they pretty much charge up huge amounts of energy in a power generator to fire super-charged blasts. Hence forth why they have a slower fire rate than a normal anti-infantry/veichle turrent. That and not many anti-veichle turrents make a dent in a Mon Calamari Cruiser.

Besides, if you want the turbolasers shooting at ships in space, invest in a hyper velocity gun - both cheaper and more deadly.

Why Do Rebels Have Turbo Laser Towers

It is just wierd that the rebels have turbolaser towers because arnt they the empires big guns. :blaze6::blaze6::blaze6:

First off in the skirmish the Empire can get Turbolaser towers as well.... So i don't see the point of this thread. Second, did you forget most of the technology the rebels aquired through the years has been from the empire? Just take the X-Wings for example.... :rolleyes:

Archived