Home

Is it possible for Bastila to be dead?

i was just thinking about her theoretical role in Kotor III. When i recalled. SHe appears in all the games except a Lightside Female Revan one right? But even then, its not exactly fair to assume she is dead jsut because REvan is Female. So does this make Bastila confirmed alive even though its possbile to kill her in Kotor I in a LS ending?

I don't think we'll know until KotOR III comes out - and even then, there may be various ways to set up the past events of the previous 2 games, like you could (as you say) in TSL, regarding KotOR 1's plot.

And as you say - just cos she doesn't appear (in the LS female Revan setting) doesn't mean she's dead. Who knows - they might (for example) bring someone like Jolee back in the next game (again, under certain player-chosen circumstances), even though he doesn't appear in TSL. Or even Juhani - who wasn't even mentioned once.

So basically - right now - I'd hazard a strong guess that we have no answer to that question at this present moment in time.

I don't think we'll know until KotOR III comes out - and even then, there may be various ways to set up the past events of the previous 2 games, like you could (as you say) in TSL, regarding KotOR 1's plot.

And as you say - just cos she doesn't appear (in the LS female Revan setting) doesn't mean she's dead. Who knows - they might (for example) bring someone like Jolee back in the next game (again, under certain player-chosen circumstances), even though he doesn't appear in TSL. Or even Juhani - who wasn't even mentioned once.

So basically - right now - I'd hazard a strong guess that we have no answer to that question at this present moment in time.

I totally agree - we can't make an assumption yet, we just have to wait and see.

I totally agree - we can't make an assumption yet, we just have to wait and see.

I think that there should be ways to make her in the other game, like say that she barely escaped the Star Forge Destruction, and was only severely wounded. This would not be a new thing for the Star Wars Series.

So, a half cyborg Bastila, with a mechanical Jaw Malie style??

Kotor II makes it impossible to have her be dead if Revan was Male, even though you can kill her in kotor I.

So this kinda raises the question that if its impossible to for a male revan to kill her, then perhaps the same is true for the female version? She just is somewhere else in TSL? It would seem an odd decision for Bastila to be only dead in Female Revan universe or that one is force to kill her.

i dunno i'm just pondering. It would eb simple to have her be confirmed alive, but then what do you folks think?

What do I think? I think having Bastilla show up was one of many major screw ups by the devs of K2. She could be dead and many ended up killing her so she should not have turned up in the game.

Otgher screw ups include automatically assuming a female LS Revan was romantically linked to Carth. None of mine were, hell I hardly ever spoke to him.

Kotor II makes it impossible to have her be dead if Revan was Male, even though you can kill her in kotor I.

So this kinda raises the question that if its impossible to for a male revan to kill her, then perhaps the same is true for the female version? She just is somewhere else in TSL? It would seem an odd decision for Bastila to be only dead in Female Revan universe or that one is force to kill her.

i dunno i'm just pondering. It would eb simple to have her be confirmed alive, but then what do you folks think?

I think that it's deliberately not stated either way - because no decision was reached. It was probably left more open like this so that Obsidian could decide on the various potential ways she could or could not be included in KotOR 3 for LS female Revan setting/storyline. She just wasn't relevant to the plot of TSL in that particular path, so she just wasn't included - no storyline what-so-ever was written for her.

So, I guess, it's up to us individually (in our own minds) to decide whether she did, or did not die for the time being, if we want any kind of answer for the moment, at all, because - simply put - there is no "official" answer to that question as of yet.

What do I think? I think having Bastilla show up was one of many major screw ups by the devs of K2. She could be dead and many ended up killing her so she should not have turned up in the game.

Otgher screw ups include automatically assuming a female LS Revan was romantically linked to Carth. None of mine were, hell I hardly ever spoke to him.

That's the way Star Wars is. The good triumphs, the evil...doesn't. Since Bastila dying would put a stain on the LS ending, they went with the option that was more likely, that you saved her and were romantically linked to her if male. Same with Carth. Sure, in the end what happens in game is up to you, but some things need to be established as canon for a story to work.

I think having Bastilla show up was one of many major screw ups by the devs of K2. She could be dead and many ended up killing her so she should not have turned up in the game.

Full agreement.

If they felt it absolutely necessary to bring her back to satisfy all the obsessed little fan boys, the least they could have done was thrown in a subtle question at the beginning or somewhere else down the road.

Bad show OE, bad show.

/End spoiled jedi princess hate mode/

While many people dont want her in the game because she could be dead, i want her to be in game alive.

The whole storyline just gets too complicated, one for Bastila alive, ds, ls, dead. Same goes for Carth, Jolee, Juhani.. bah.

I like the available choices for the Kotor Games, but this is not craft-your-story is it?

I like the available choices for the Kotor Games, but this is not craft-your-story is it?

Yes while this is a "craft your story" type game having a dead character show up break continuity in MY games. If I choose that Revan went light side and killed her then I dont want her showing up and being all lovey dovey about my male Revan. Sorry but your a corpse. Get back in your grave.

There could have been a little bit int he questioning about Revan about his/her lover and if they were alive or not. If they arent alive or were never romanced then those lines/sections get changed. Same as if Revan was a DS character and you get the alternative admiral.

Not really, I mean cutting out a couple cameos that have virtually no impact on the story (besides as Jackel stated breaking continuity in his, mine & others games). How's that complicated?

Oh dear, it broke continuity with some of the times you played through the original game. Damn them!

I played through Kotor as differently each time as I was able. Hoping for a sequel to match all of those changes is rediculous. The discussion with Atton is already cringeworthy. Who cares what was (and what ended up)between Revan's legs in KOTOR? Its not a big deal.

Think about what you want more from a game. One that is extraordinarly interactive and responsive to your actions _NOW_ while you're playing it, or one that is rather static and unresponsive because the developer has to remember each change you make, and somehow incorporate it into all successive games seamlessly.

I really can't see what's wrong with a writer deciding what Revan was and what they did, and writing a stronger story because of it. I enjoyed my time playing as Revan but I'm capable of letting them go in the interests of better stories and more 'now' interaction in any subsequent games.

I really can't see what's wrong with a writer deciding what Revan was and what they did, and writing a stronger story because of it. I enjoyed my time playing as Revan but I'm capable of letting them go in the interests of better stories and more 'now' interaction in any subsequent games.

Brother, Amen.

Besides, it isn't even our call. WHat happens in TSL can only break continuity if they actually contradicted their own story.

Of course, they DO contradict themselves in a few places, but that's a different topic.

The "default" backstory to TSL is that Revan was DS male at the end of KOTOR, and that Bastial and he were in love. Start a new game and tell Atton you could care less about Revan's history when you free him from Peragus, if you've never done so. Ergo, offically Bastila is alive and well.

you mean LS Male?

I was just thinkign it can't be that hard to have a slightly more complicated system in kotor III detailing the past.

So Revan saved the Galaxy but not Bastila?

So Revan and Bastial prepared to conquer the galaxy?

So Revan rescued Bastila and saved the Galaxy?

The Exile destroyed Malachor.

The Exile trained me at Malachor.

Although even the simple 4 soltuons had bugs in TSL.

Before TSL was released, Mike Gallo made it clear that some assumtions were going to be made for the storyline of TSL. Like Kreia mentioning Ajunta Pall being redeemed when Revan was a Light Sider. Now you have a choice no matter what, but it was an assumption.

The Bastila situation was based on a popular assumption and I thought it was a good one. I do like to kill her when I'm female Revan, but redeem her when I'm male Revan.

I hate the fact though that they assumed that **all** female players killed her, because I certainly didn't (except the first couple of times, because I didn't hit the right dialog options, but that doesn't mean I liked killing her, nor that I wanted to). My female PC and Bastila became friends and I can see that bond between them growing so much stronger after the PC's realization and Bastila's fall, so I was very disappointed about not seeing her (save the Korriban vision) when I told Atton Revan was female and LS. :(

Just because you whacked Bastila in the first game and she appears dead there doesnt mean she actually died. You couldve just seriously wounded her but it looked to you like she was dead. That would explain her coming back later even if you supposedly killed her.

Maybe she simply went into one of those jedi trances where you look dead.

Oh yes the Jedi Trance that fools even a SITH LORD for christ sake, let's not worry about it, I mean sure we kill the person or save the person. I don't mind seeing Bastila show up or not, but either way it's all right to me.

Just because you whacked Bastila in the first game and she appears dead there doesnt mean she actually died. You couldve just seriously wounded her but it looked to you like she was dead. That would explain her coming back later even if you supposedly killed her.

I seriously doubt it. She was meant to be dead.

I seriously doubt it. She was meant to be dead.

"Meant" to be and "is" dead are two different things. Those animations in the game look the same weither you knock someone out or kill them. Im sure when they made KOTOR originally they intended for her to be dead when you follow that path but if they wanted her back in KOTOR 2 then they could easily come up with several ways that she could have survived.

So how did Bastila escape the Star Forge then?

Archived