Home

So anyone no any good RTS games comin out in the future?

Dirk Pitt

I'm looking forward to Medieval 2 as well. I have Medieval and Rome TW, and both of those were great (Europe now belongs to the Julii :D). Can't wait to see what happens in the next one.

Still, what I'd really like is a Star Wars Homeworld game... Full 360 degree space strategy sim. The mods for HW1 and HW2 are nice, but not as nice as a commercial game would be. :)

Medieval II : Total War, defiantely. the more I learn about this game, the more excited I get. I'm having so much fun replaying RTW with different factions or simply using different strategies. the game is so deep and has so much to do, MTW2 has so much potential. All the enhancments made to the gameplay will help make this game one of the best RTS ever made, mark my words.

I haven't followed Supreme Commander very closely, but from what I've seen it looks very solid and very promising

• 1 month later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

Well, I just got Company of Heroes and everyone thought Empire at War had online problems! CoH struggles with pathfinding, a common problem with Dawn of War (Relic made both) yet reviews are raving. Game is ok - not ground breaking just normal WW2 game.

DMUK

I'm saddened that so few are keeping any interest on Supreme Commander. It will finally be a true real time STRATEGY game, not the tactical stuff that WC3 made popular.

Medieval 2 I am looking forward to, but that is not an RTS, it is a Turn Based Strategy game with a few RTS elements thrown in, and those aren't as good as its TBS part. I hated the morale issue of R:TW. Roman Soldiers did not run away while they were anywhere near the italian penisula, otherwise they would never be able to show their faces near anybody who had anything to do with Rome. Morale buckled under far too easily, even for the Gaul. They would fight to the last man, regardless of who was coming at them, because of their fierce pride of their country, and similarly the romans. Meh. I hope M:TW2 fixes a bit of that problem.

SupCom is definitely going to be the RTS to get, I just hope it doesn't suffer the fate that TA did: IE not very many people knew about it, but it was way better than the alternatives, including CNC and StarCraft.

Guest DarthMaulUK

One thing is for certain. THQ are certainly becoming masters of publishing triple A RTS games. Dawn of War, Company Of Heroes and now Supreme Commander - not including expansions of course for the first title.

2007 will certainly be a big year again, so many new RTS games coming out and the new one from Petroglyph, being published by Sega

DMUK

• 3 weeks later...

Just letting all those waiting for M2TW that there is a demo out. apparently it has been out for a couple of days already, but I just found out about it. It has a tutorial mission as well as two other historical battles. It looks like it's gonna require a good machine to run this game well.

The demo was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the full game !

It's been out for a few weeks actually, but it doesn't support SSE 1 or something like that. Athlon XP users (like me) and users of several other non-Intel processors cannot play it.

Creative Assembly has stated that they're working out the issues regarding SSE2's problem with the older AMD processors and that the full version should support them.

• 1 year later...

Archived