Home

Clone Turbo Tank

Cuillere

Shark Jugger' ? Hummm, Jugger' he's not a gunship, it's very big tank and i can't imaginate a big tank with a shark smile on the battleground, a gunship yes...

So i unwrap and skin the Jugger' Friday...

Now, i go to bed... bonne nuit tout le monde !

No, you are a bad photosourced skinner !!!

(when it's done, i send you the files :p)

Ouch....my feelings...you cut me deep man... Wait, I know you...we go way back, so you must be kidding. (I hope :p) Besides, it'd be kind of hard to photosource a juggernaut! lol

Can't wait for the skinmaps :)

Bonne nuit mon ami!

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Quick update on this project:

I spoke to Cuillere on MSN and he basically let me know that unless I can find someone to Rig the model and UV map it it's dead. He's already finished modeling it. Skinning it won't be a problem for me, but what we need now is someone who can uvmap it or rig it. Any takers? *begs*

I'll post this on the requests as well.

OK-

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for UV mapping? Because if so, I'll do it myself. I have no earthly Idea how to uvmap but I'll do my best if someone can point me in the way of a good tutorial. I have the turbo tank AND I also have a robe+hood that I need to UV map for DT's Jedi pack.

On a side note: DT's Ultimate Jedi pack is amazing, seriously. The only problem is that the heads DT used are KOTOR ports. If I could model, I'd port the default JKA heads instead and re-skin them. That way it would be legal. The pack lets you customize the models completely- the head, the torso, and the legs. You can add a robe, a hood, or just a hood. The best part: it's RGB customizable! So, no two players will look the same. The problem with this is that DT up and left the JKA community, and handed this in without the robe or hood being UV mapped. (at least not with the pack I have) Everything else is done, all that remains is that small detail. Sooooo- going back to topic, I need to learn how to UV map.

So if anyone has a "UV mapping for total noobs" tutorial please let me know. (or if someone wants to do it for me I'd be exstatic!)

To unwrap the robe, watch this video, you should be able to pickup the process really quick:

http://download.autodesk.com/media/3dsmax/peltmap_max8_380k.mov

Mapping a vehicle/mechanical usually requires lots of planar mapping, you could still use pelt mapping...lots more work to setup the "seams".

I suggest you download chuggnut's unwrap tools too...

http://www.chuggnut.com/scripts/unwraptools/unwraptools1.4.zip

Install notes:

/To get this script to work you need to place it in your "UI\macroscripts" dir, the bitmap files need to go in "ui\icons". Now you'll notice that it replaces a default script. I can't alter this as the modifier calls this named script directly - so back up the original first. Next time you use the unwrapper it should magically appear on the upper right side of the main window. It will also knock you straight into subobject mode, so no more exiting from the unwraper when you click a face because you forgot to set sub object (you silly billy)

ICONS

I want to be clear about this this time, as loads of people seemed to have trouble. Put uvtools_24i.tga into your "ui\icons" and delete uvtools_24i.bmp (not strictly needed as now I've added a date check on as well) and the script will build the proper icon file to match your background colour. If you ever change your background colour just delete the uvtools_24i.bmp file, and next time you start max the icons will match again. da da!/

To unwrap the robe, watch this video, you should be able to pickup the process really quick:

http://download.autodesk.com/media/3dsmax/peltmap_max8_380k.mov

Mapping a vehicle/mechanical usually requires lots of planar mapping, you could still use pelt mapping...lots more work to setup the "seams".

I suggest you download chuggnut's unwrap tools too...

http://www.chuggnut.com/scripts/unwraptools/unwraptools1.4.zip

Install notes:

/To get this script to work you need to place it in your "UI\macroscripts" dir, the bitmap files need to go in "ui\icons". Now you'll notice that it replaces a default script. I can't alter this as the modifier calls this named script directly - so back up the original first. Next time you use the unwrapper it should magically appear on the upper right side of the main window. It will also knock you straight into subobject mode, so no more exiting from the unwraper when you click a face because you forgot to set sub object (you silly billy)

ICONS

I want to be clear about this this time, as loads of people seemed to have trouble. Put uvtools_24i.tga into your "ui\icons" and delete uvtools_24i.bmp (not strictly needed as now I've added a date check on as well) and the script will build the proper icon file to match your background colour. If you ever change your background colour just delete the uvtools_24i.bmp file, and next time you start max the icons will match again. da da!/

Awesome!!! Thanks again, I'm going to try it when I get home today.

Also, nice CG portfolio :)

Archived