Home

Kyp Durron Galaxies great mass murderer!

Darth_Terros

Something i've never understood is why the hell was he never put on trial for his crimes??

It seems no one in or outside the new republic even battered an eye lid!

This just doesnt seem right! just think of all the families who lost loved ones due to that moron? ok so he was possesed by a dark lord! no excuse he should face his crimes!

I seriously hope someday someone takes a bounty out on him he deserves it.

He was Tried for his Crime. He Atoned for killing them by destrying the DS and SC. Then Helped during hte Vong Crisis and Helped to get rid of Daala's Invasion.

All he got was a slight tap on the wrist for being naughty.

As for helping out later thats the same as the jedi going hey guys lets not punish the emperor for his crimes you never know he might help out later!

The fact is he did commit horrible crimes and should be punished for it which he wasnt in the slightest.

I agree, Astro. Alot of the post-ROTJ EU is very immature, and I thought that the idea of something called a "sun crusher" was just plain childish.

This review from Amazon.com said it all for me.

Kevin J. Anderson is terrible. Not just terrible, uncommonly terrible,

unfathomably terrible... NUCLEAR terrible. No doubt you have noticed that many reviews of Mr. Anderson's "work" are decidedly positive. Ignore these misguided souls. It is people like these who allowed TV's Urkel to become a cultural icon. They deserve your pity, not your trust.

What makes Kevin J. Anderson so remarkably bad is not his clunky dialogue, which stumbles along like a '58 Edsel with three tires. It is not his mishandling of the Star Wars characters, his flawed plot lines or his complete and total misunderstanding of the principles of "The Force," the foundation on which the entire Star Wars universe is based. What Kevin J. Anderson does that truly marks his place as the worst author ever to pen a Star Wars novel is that his miserable choices, made relatively early in the post-Return of the Jedi timeline, negatively impact all the novels that follow. Every flimsy character he writes, every contrived storyline he creates, every stock character he unceremoniously kills off becomes a part of Star Wars history that must be dealt with by other authors. The many mistakes of Kevin J. Anderson transcend his own novels to detract from future works. No author is perfect, but Anderson creations like Kyp Duron, Darksaber and The Sun Crusher will forever diminish the Star Wars universe, not to mention stealing a few prescious hours from the lives of his readers.

So, don't get roped in by the good reviews. Don't let the fact that Kevin J. Anderson's name appears under a lot of Star Wars titles (most of which are editing projects or comics) convince you that he is a talented, or even passable novelist. And above all, don't buy his books. Don't even read them. Just pretend they don't exist... just like Jar Jar Binks. You will be a happier and healthier Star Wars fan.

I just think the whole NJO isn't very good.

I picked up the New Essential Chronology a little while ago and have gotten through most of it.

All I can say is that the EU could really use a liberal dose of the Infinities label. It is one thing to write a crappy story on its own, it is another to force most/all future material to have to tie into it. It is a shame that the really good EU (and there is a sizable amount) has to suffer from the rest that is absolute garbage.

And I'd agree with the KJA comments. Except they are not harsh enough.

He was Tried for his Crime. He Atoned for killing them by destrying the DS and SC. Then Helped during hte Vong Crisis and Helped to get rid of Daala's Invasion.
Of course there shouldn't have been a darksaber or suncrusher conjured up for him to help with, but that has already been pointed out. But atoned? Come on. "So if I help you out a bit and kill some Vong, we'll call it even for my mass murder and genocide on a planetary scale?"

He shouldn't have been in a position to help in the first place. He should be given the fullest punishment possible.

What would they do eh? Put him in Prison? He'd Break out of there using the force before you said Jedi.... Use Ysalamiri? they would die and could inhibit other jedi in the area.
Yeah. Put him in prison. The geonosians seemed to be able to restrain Kenobi in AOTC. But wait, this is the EU, so all the Jedi have to be super duper invincible gods. And because of that, they have to come up with ridiculous plot devices to overcome the problem. But again, because the new authors have to take into account the old material, it can't be really undone, since it will supposedly wussify them.

But wait a minute, are you saying he shouldn't be punished because they can't lock him up?

Something i've never understood is why the hell was he never put on trial for his crimes??

Something Jaina Solo says to Kyp in Edge of victory 2: Rebirth: "If it hadn't been for Master Skywalker speaking for you, you'd be in prison to this day, if not dead."

Besides if Luke accepted responsability for Durron's fall, what would the New Republic have done? Sue Luke Skywalker, hero of the Rebellion and brother of the Chief of State at that point?

Archived