Home

Whats better The Empire or the Rebels

Daniel333

Who is Better the Empire or The Rebels  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Better the Empire or The Rebels

• Empire
    • Rebels

On medium and hard difficulties, unit-for-unit game balance seems to be more in favor of the Rebellion.

But I like a good challenge - and tend to more enjoy playing the underdog - so I more enjoy playing the Empire in this game. Especially pitting Imperial units against their equal-or-superior Alliance counterparts - Victory vs. Assault Frigate, ISD vs. Mon Cal, Accuser vs. Home One, AT-AT vs. Plex Soldiers, Vader vs. Kenobi... :)

In the movies the Empire is certainly not the underdog, but they often are in the balance of this game. Which some folks have agreed doesn't make much sense - but it's the way it is at the moment.

So, "Which side is better in this game?" Most often the Rebellion. "Which side do I like more?" The Empire.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caaran Talme sorry if l got your name wrong but your right they cowards and there pretty dum the empire have to do all the thinking of the weapons and veicles but the rebels just have to wabble up to the tirmminal steal what they want then wabble back to hoth (l blew up hoth on eaw).And pretty much the only veichle that isn' stolen of the empire is corillean corvettes.(l prbably have mistakes)

Oh no problem - I am not an admiral yet, so it's not quite a capital offense ;) Besides you are clearly a loyal subject of the Empire - and we have to stand together against those pesky rebels, Scout Daniel. You are, of course, quite right! Rebels are incapable of constructive thinking or real genius - that's why they have to steal everything valuable from hard-working imperial scientists - or obtain it through their unholy alliance with such untrustworthy critters as wookies or Mon Calamari (Notice how they even SMELL fishy ... no one should trust those big eyed fellows ...).

Only bad luck and treachery have kept them alive for such a long time. It is strange, how many people are ready to believe in the myths rebels like to spread. Like the one about how they won the war. Ha! Such a ridiculous tale - we loyal imperials are still here and will continue to fight for justice till the galaxy is finally at peace again!

P.S.: So you've also seen the beautiful Hoth-asteroid belt? It is indeed one of the galaxy's most remarkable wonders - nearly as pretty as the Yavin-belt or the Polis Massa Rocks. Ah .. that reminds me - we still have to transform Kashyyk into such a marvelous sight. How about the Pelt-belt? I like the sound of that ... :)

Well when I played I just left the computer on for a few hours, then came back and I had piles of money that would last me throughout the whole entire game, well anyways. When I was the empire at a space battle of course I just creamed everyone, no matter what things they had, my ships were low class but they managed to take out alot of the good ships. So after awhile that empire seem to be better then the rebels. The rebels are pretty cheap though, when you attack them, sometimes they run away and come back, then run away again, like little cowards.

On one mission with chewbacca and han solo where you had to get the plans to the death star or something on a imperial city(forget the name but oh well), that one seems easy for a bit then when you try to get to the shuttle, well I am screwed then. So did you guys come up with anything on how to do it properly, I would figure it out for myself but I am playing the empire right now, I know I shouldn't be asking questions here but, yea.

Empire is the best, Rebels shall burn. he eh

Empire is the best, Rebels shall burn. he eh

General Solo......you've.......changed.

:)

As for your troubles with the Han & Chewie mission on Carida, refer to the most excellent walkthrough DarthMaulUK has posted --> http://www.empireatwar.net/rebels/walkthrough/mission10.htm

Basically once you have the plans, the strategy is to frikkin' run to the shuttles! Take out the scout speeders that reach you first, then use Han and Chewie's sprint ability to make fast time to the shuttles. The guide will give you the necessary steps to get the timing right to make it out alive. These guys are both tough characters, but won't likely survive head-on combat with everything coming at them after they get the plans. Not on medium or hard game difficulties, anyway.

I recommend these guides for anyone. I used them when I first went through both campaigns, and they helped me get past some tough obstacles without making things too easy and boring. Every mission was still a challenge, but at least I knew what I was doing in each thanks to these walkthroughs.

I find that changing the retreat time for the rebels to only 5.99 seconds and increase the empires retreat time to 14.99 seconds really does allow for the AI to do hit and run tactics as in lore.

The I find myself really wanting to have that interdictor cruiser around to catch them from fleeing. Try it out on space and land battles, the AI seems to really use it to great affectivness and live to harrass you another day.

I am an Imp but I know that the low level starting , the Rebs have the edge. If the imp can last to the late phase they are ok. but to get the resources in the beginning of the game the rebs have a big advantange.

In space the x wing speed and ability to win in an xwing vs tie fight for resource points and the speed that the corvettes can move , striking the resourse points are running away ( and this is not even using the speed special effect ).

On the ground , the early tanks with shields just kick everyones butt and they are cheap. and with the plex troopers that can capture land points and protect themselves from armor make them versatale.

i prefer the empire as

i love their heroes, they rule!, but the rebels have that cool ion cannon and those mon cals, those things alone can sway my view, however i prefer to play empire, they are much more organised, spending lots of money and overwhelming the enemy with lots of firepower instead of using cheap hit and run tactics

CG :twogun:

Well i will have to admit that the Rebels do have more fire power and are alot better then the Empire. But what I hated about the Empire is that it took so long to take someone out but when I was the Rebels it was so easy, but oh well.

Oh and thanks for the Walkthrough ScorLibran, really helped, will try it.

I always play as the good guy as wel. I hate the narrowed, dogmatic view of the Jedi. I prefer the freedom to discover all aspects of the Force, just like the Sith. I hate terrorists that burn down houses of loyal Imperial citizens and they get paid for it (is this truly like the rebel filosophy???), so I make them pay in return. Though I generally prefer to make a pre-emptive strike against them before they burn down those buildings. I will bring peace and prosperity to the galaxy.

I always play as the good guy as wel. I hate the narrowed, dogmatic view of the Jedi. I prefer the freedom to discover all aspects of the Force, just like the Sith.

Uh oh. Delusion is a prime factor of becoming a Sith. Sounds like it got to you too. I hope it's not too late to avoid getting your face burned off and being thrown down a reactor ventilation shaft. :)

(j/k)

Uh oh. Delusion is a prime factor of becoming a Sith. Sounds like it got to you too. I hope it's not too late to avoid getting your face burned off and being thrown down a reactor ventilation shaft. :)

(j/k)

I turned to the DS years ago. Some test as to wich SW character I am showed me with Darth Revan and Exar Kun at 100%. Tie breaker put me into Revan though. And I already had my memery wiped, and I know LucasFils stated the LS ending of KOTOR is the canon one. But hey I'm the Dark Lord of the Sith so screw them, I make my own destiny (with a hot chick and a cool assasination droid by my side). Another even more important factor to go DS were the restrictions of the Jei on the use of the Force, especially Force Persuade (also stated this on armadafleetcommand.com just in case you read it there). I mean the Jedi do not use the Force for personal gain. So when I meet hot chicks I can't resist.

[Force Persuade] You want to have 'you know what' with me[/Force Persuade]

Merely stating this already has turned LightSiders to the DarkSide, but it may turn even more of them. [insert maniacal evil laugh here]

edit: I just noticed some spelling/grammar etc. errors, shouldn't drink whisky and type, when will I ever learn that.

edit 2: nearly Force Choked myself, shouldn't drink and experiment with the Force either.

I prefer the Empire, but as is, Rebels are slightly better. It's so depressing......

How on Earth are the Empire better?

Rebel starfighters are useless. 6 ISDs = rebels can't do ****.

How on Earth are the Empire better?

Rebel starfighters are useless. 6 ISDs = rebels can't do ****.

With the Rebellion I've wiped out far more than 6 ISDs in a battle. :) For one thing, 1 Mon Cal > 1 ISD. Also, you can't have more than 5 ISDs in action at once, as they fill 20 population slots. And you better have a lot more than just one more in reserve.

But I don't favor fighters and bombers either, personally. I'm more of a corvette and frigate kind of guy.

I love the greater challenges, like facing down big capital ships with only medium-sized frigates. That's always more satisfying than the more common cap ships vs. cap ships, in my opinion.

The most fun I've had in a space battle - from the other side, anyway - was killing Home One with half-a-dozen Acclamators. A very similar thing can be done against Imperial Star Destroyers. There's nothing that can't be beaten in this game; it's just a matter of tactics. :)

Archived