Who is Better the Empire or The Rebels  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Better the Empire or The Rebels

• Empire
    • Rebels

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when l play l played the empire once in galactic conqest and the rebels once in galactic conqest.l found is that l retreated more often if l was the rebels but when l am the empire l'm trying to stop the retreats with interdicters.The is one problem with the empire is that interdictors is really weak the only thing the rebels have to do is send 3 bomber squadrons and blow it up into oblivion. :vsd:

comanguyler the ion cannon dosn't work l shot it at my enemy once the only that happened is that electricity all around it (like normal) then half the shields go down but somone from the lucas company said that it supost to take down all it's shields and destroy the engines.

what the ion cannon does is:

fires a shot which nearly disables ships for a long period of time,

the shields get completely depleted,

the rate of fire is reduced dramatically (i have only noticed the ion cannons firing after i shoot a ship)

as far as i can tell, it doesnt launch any more ships,

doesnt destroy the engines

stops it from moving - it just drifts, turning and spining, engines non operational

it will be out for around 1min

comanguyler the ion cannon dosn't work l shot it at my enemy once the only that happened is that electricity all around it (like normal) then half the shields go down but somone from the lucas company said that it supost to take down all it's shields and destroy the engines.

are you sure u r firing the planetary ion cannon, not the y-wing ion cannon, cause that takes down half the shields

Use the edit button instead of double-posting. -LIAYD

I'm going to have to say Rebels. While their technology isn't amazing, the strategy needed to win with them is exactly what I love about them. They have diverse unit abilities, and they have the advantage of sneak attacks in Galactic Conquest. The Empire may have numbers, but as the movies proved, that doesn't always garentee victory.

I'm going to have to say Rebels. While their technology isn't amazing, the strategy needed to win with them is exactly what I love about them. They have diverse unit abilities, and they have the advantage of sneak attacks in Galactic Conquest. The Empire may have numbers, but as the movies proved, that doesn't always garentee victory.

Read my sig and u will see who i support.

Leffe at lower levels yes but at high levels not realy since ISD<Mon Cal strategy sorta ends thier.

Read my sig and u will see who i support.

Leffe at lower levels yes but at high levels not realy since ISD<Mon Cal strategy sorta ends thier.

At high levels strategy is still just as important. If you throw an MC Cruiser at an ISD, the ISD and it's bombers will probably win. You still need to take a good look at the enemy forces, and plan accordingly.

At high levels strategy is still just as important. If you throw an MC Cruiser at an ISD, the ISD and it's bombers will probably win. You still need to take a good look at the enemy forces, and plan accordingly.

Lol same with the empire it can even be worse since those ion canons on those y-wings can take down sheilds rapidly.

Rebels are better at space:

Mon Cals rocks.

Cor Corvettes are pretty good, not as good as the imp ones, but does their job better than the gunship against bombers/fighters.

X-Wings with S-foils are great for jacking stuff on skirmish games, due to speed. Abuse it!!

Y-Wings does a good job as bombers (anti shield), and is one of the few useful fighters\ class out there.

And the SUper Ion Cannon is basically instant kill for space stations... hit once, and you take down their shields and more!!! all you need is to take the shield generator out and you can slowly skinn that scrap metal alive.

The rebels are better for more advanced players...empire for people wanting to blow stuff up, pretty simple. I have tried every single combination possible with this game and you can not I REPEAT can not beat the rebels (other than bombing run) if you set up a wall with 4 artilleries in the back, then put 2-4 infiltrators( best unit in the game) and then finally a few T4Bs...no atats will make it far enough in to destroy the artillery b/c they are so slow, and if opponent has empire artillery....take your fast infiltrarors and throw some bombs. if the ATAT focuses on just the T4Bs you can easily take them out with artillery...EASILY

In space combat get yourself at least 6-8 marauders and put them in at least 2 different corners with at least 1 corellian corv. protecting, and then send in a few assault ships to keep the various SD's occupied. if done correctly, (and against an opponent that doesnt think to scout map for the marauders) there is no way you will lose. A bombardment from 3 cruisers easily takes outs SD's.

Anyways, thats just my opinion...I LOVE them empire in the movies, just not in game lol

do you realize that palpatine created both armies...decided where and when they would go, decided where and when the jedi would go..and no matter what happened in any battle, he was the winner....i mean just imagine that...he is the most baller character in the history of cinema, literature, etc. Name one other person who was as smart as that guy and i'd have to call you a liar....too bad the jerk killed me in my sleep, plagus out.

Yeah, he foresaw everything. Just like he "foresaw" his own death at the hands of Anakin Skywalker and the destruction of his precious little battle station. Lemme guess: did he also foresee the destruction of the first Death Star too? Because if he did, he's actually not that good of a leader.

Ha! That was just a minor setback - that death star was actually only a decoy - why do you think it was that easily destroyed? And the emperor wasn't killed - it was only his stunt-double. He used that trick in order to flush out traitors. Yes, the rebel scum once again managed to wriggle themselves out of the trap - which is because they cheated (once again, furry savages aided them) - but the chase goes on! Those filthy criminals won't be able to escape justice forever! No matter how far they are fleeing - the Empire's hand will eventually reach them. :)

In space combat get yourself at least 6-8 marauders and put them in at least 2 different corners with at least 1 corellian corv. protecting, and then send in a few assault ships to keep the various SD's occupied. if done correctly, (and against an opponent that doesnt think to scout map for the marauders) there is no way you will lose. A bombardment from 3 cruisers easily takes outs SD's.

i wont argue with the ground bits, but your space strategy with the rebels can be done with the empire as well: 2 groups of Broadside cruisers and a Tartan protecting each group plus a few Victory SD's to keep the rebels occupied.

when under attack, the artillary ships will be shown, so there's no need for scouting.

what the rebels are best at are their X-Wings and Y-Wings, you didn't mention those

The rebels are better for more advanced players...empire for people wanting to blow stuff up, pretty simple. I have tried every single combination possible with this game and you can not I REPEAT can not beat the rebels (other than bombing run) if you set up a wall with 4 artilleries in the back, then put 2-4 infiltrators( best unit in the game) and then finally a few T4Bs...no atats will make it far enough in to destroy the artillery b/c they are so slow, and if opponent has empire artillery....take your fast infiltrarors and throw some bombs. if the ATAT focuses on just the T4Bs you can easily take them out with artillery...EASILY

Anyways, thats just my opinion...I LOVE them empire in the movies, just not in game lol

In the original game I found the Rebels were way too powerfull for such an insignificant treath to the Glorious Galactic Empire. So I edited some files. Those marauders (and broadsides as well) aren't much good when you need a level 9 space staion as well as tech 9 to get them. Add a range of 1 (not sure what happens with 0) and a damage of 0 to complement the ship's usefullness. Makes the game much more fun, as well as being a great increase to the SW factor in the game. Though I should get turbolaser on the Marauder Corvette and edit the VSD as well. I haven't tried editing ground combat yet, space comes first but the rebel artillary needs to be nerfed. Sae with the stupid T4-B, but I am thinking of replacing the T4-B and T2-B with the T3-B and T-1B. Also make all vehicles except the AT-AT unable to run over troops, or make infantry cover prefent that sort of thing. Nerfe the bombing run etc.

All Hail The Empire, stupid rebel insurgents.

Archived