Home

Maybe SOE did lose license at the 1st February.

HUGOMAND

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

****ing odd. it completed the patch, then it did another 2 and then it just said 'download complete' but i wasn't able to do anything. so i subscribed a month anyway, and still nothing so i exited and entered......and w007! patch 15 sku2 00.tre!!!!!!! -_-

i think its hard to rate bioware for the star wars knowledge and ability to make sw games based on one game, i doubt bioware could have made battlefront, although darth said something about them teaming up and bioware setting up a base for mmorpg development, i also still have yet to see hard proof of these rumors, until then, its all rumor to me and thats as far as it will go.

i don't doubt it would be an excellent game if bio ware made it, and i wouldnt mind a team of now expert, and relatively established rpg makers to have a go at swg2, and it would be to no surprise, as MxO has been dumped by Warner Bros, and soe have mucked it up too, though from what ive played it sucks anyway.

i started a new character on kettemoor, Kioet Csuhen.....bounty hunter class. everything is ok except for space, too much lag. so far the new combat system is pretty neat. somewhat better than pressing the F1-F9 buttons....my main complains are lack of strafe. why remove that from the left and right arrows when you can use those to strafe and the mouse to turn? weird.

If soe do lose the license then i suspect it will go much like MxO did, when it lost the license with Warner bros, there is now 3 servers, so a server merge may happen with the lowest populated servers, which seems to be sunrunner now, lol, its got nearly no one on compared to bloodfin and then u got bria which is always packed.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Lucasarts confirmed today that these are just rumours. Both they, and SOE are in it for the long haul - right upto Publish 34! Kinda funny to think, that Everquest II has been out almost a year shorter than SWG and thats on Publish 21 (compared to Publish 27 after 2.5 years). So it looks like the news is not good and that the fools @ SOE are staying. Heres my advice to them... WATCH a Star Wars movie

DMUK

Lucasarts confirmed today that these are just rumours. Both they, and SOE are in it for the long haul - right upto Publish 34! Kinda funny to think, that Everquest II has been out almost a year shorter than SWG and thats on Publish 21 (compared to Publish 27 after 2.5 years). So it looks like the news is not good and that the fools @ SOE are staying. Heres my advice to them... WATCH a Star Wars movie

DMUK

I've said it all along Darth,EQ2 is a polished game,and a bloody good one to play too,if only the team had put in half the effort the EQ2 devs have done SWG would have been a worldbeater of that im sure.

DMUK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

haha. well, looks like my dloading hasn't been for nothing after all. I'm on Scylla server as Kioet Csuhen. i got a bunch of rewards....and FINALLY got my own yaught.

things i dun like.....

seems like ai forgot their brawler skills.

not being able to do a 360° view of my character...i liked the controls for that better..now i have it on settings i use for fps. lmao. *shrug*

the chatbox is a bit messed up. having to hit enter each time i want to go in the chat box...

but then, i'm just starting out new.

things i found that i like...

the xp bar

primary and secondary attacks..yeah it does seem like an fps at times

the quests

it was a tough choice between commando and bounty hunter. i had to go with bh because that is what i am used to, and how i play. even if they go and put that bounty check thing in, i'll adapt...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

A friend of mine was thrown 60 days free once. Expect them to be doing this again when they (if they) re-advertise the game again, so it gives the impression that the servers are busy.

DMUK

Archived