Home

The 1.03 Patch is Here

gswift

The new patch is available for download at the official EaW site. Here's a link to the download page: http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/EAW1_3.htm

So, after you get the patch, what do you think of the new MP features and fixes?

Here's the full text of the release notes: (prety much the same as the preview of the list that they released over the weekend)

----------------------------------------------------

New Content

Added new Multiplayer Land Skirmish map "Corellian Countdown"

Added new 43 Planet Multiplayer Campaign Map "Lines are Drawn"

General Issues

Corrected several text issues including the removal of references to the Venator and missing text.

Corrected an issue that allowed Empire Heroes to be placed on the Death Star.

Corrected an issue that allowed multiple turrets to be built on the same build pad.

Corrected an issue that caused AT-AT's to become stuck when deploying troops over build pads.

Corrected an issue where AT-AT's would stop moving when tow cabled by Rebel Speeders allowing players to stop the unit from suffering a successful tow cable attack.

Corrected an issue in which the Death Star could be sold.

Multiplayer Issues

Added an "ignore" button to the Internet lobby - Ignored player chat is not seen in any Internet dialog, and Ignored players are shown in a different color in the player list.

Corrected several issues that caused quick match to hang indefinitely.

Corrected an issue where quick match would connect more than 2 players to a game resulting in a sync error.

Added "Quality Lights" to the game setup screen to indicate connection performance between players. Detailed ToolTips will also display when the mouse cursor is hovering over the "quality" lights.

Added a "test connections" button to the game lobby that allows players to test out their connections with other players in a match before starting.

GameSpy Arena 1v1 Space Skirmish, 1v1 Land Skirmish and 1v1 Campaign ladders have been reset due to several stat exploit corrections that have been made.

Corrected an issue that caused CD-Keys to become invalid when playing on Limited-User Windows profiles.

Corrected an issue for missing map names in the Multiplayer Lobby.

Victory movies can now be skipped in multiplayer games.

Corrected an issue where player count would display incorrect information like 59/2 when a game is first listed.

Corrected several general connectivity issues with multiplayer improving connectivity performance.

Client player in a match is now allowed to change color/faction after pressing accept.

Increased Multiplayer stability for LAN and Internet games.

Changed light up buttons to check marks in the Host Game Setup menu.

Balance Issues

Improved targeting priority for AI when fighting Star Destroyers.

Increased the tractor beam hard point health from 100 to 150 for Star Destroyers.

Increased the Garrison spawn time from 15 seconds to 25 Seconds for most buildings.

Yeah, sweet. However it's just my luck that I went home for lunch, and no patch. Checked the site a little later (back at work), and there it is. I can't play till I get home... :(

The first thing I'm going to do is wear out that 'ignore' button!!!!!!!!!!

Corrected several text issues including the removal of references to the Venator and missing text.

This may sound like a really stupid question but I'm in a middle of the Empire Story Campaign (except for the usual lagging bugs, which may have more to do with my crap PC, its been smooth sailing in terms of game performance) and since I used Slocket's Venator mod heavily, I don't want to do anything that would screw it up, forcing me to start all over. Would this patch do anything to the existing Venator mods that some of us have been using or is it completely safe to load up?

Will there be any major compatability issues with existing custom mods?

Probably be quite hard to explain, but specifically any changes made to the XML or base engine that might affect our changes? For one the text.dat changes will be affected, but that's ok because it's not critical to running the game.

Will there be any major compatability issues with existing custom mods?

Probably be quite hard to explain, but specifically any changes made to the XML or base engine that might affect our changes? For one the text.dat changes will be affected, but that's ok because it's not critical to running the game.

It shouldn't affect any mods (as far as them working correctly without nasty crashing and such) since we made the changes to the mega files. However the balance changes made to the specified units in the patch notes will not be reflected in your mods. It's up to you whether that matters or not :)

Its a Bad Patch!! You are able to play about two / three matches and then you are not able to host or see any other players. The patch has a bug in it.....

Some Problems i see

=When you Click host you can start a match but the chat room part is connected the the lobby chat.

=Players names in host room are gone

=Players on the right top in main are gone

=Colors on Host room are gone.

=After like ten minutes in a match everyone starts dropping(syching)

Happens after a couple matches

I just TRIED to play, but could only connect once with the new patch. I'm having more trouble now than I did before, and the one game I could get to work took a VERY long time to start up. Much longer than before. Also, when hosting a game you can still see all the chat from the main lobby in your game window. Is this because some people still don't have the patch? Maybe the game lobby should display the version that people are running in addition to connection speed.

Update: I used to have problems with more than one person joining a 1v1 match. Now it seems to start games with NO other players in 1v1 and locks up just like it did with too many players...

Also, waiting..., launching..., waiting..., launching..., waiting..., launching...., etc, etc

I downloaded the patch, loaded it up, and it didn't affect Slocket's Venator mod so I guess its safe to say for mod users out there that as long as your mods are working properly before the patch, they should still work after the patch. Phew....now if only I can pass that Princess Lea mission....it looks so damn easy in the movie... ;)

Another update: I was having MAJOR problems playing MP with 1.03 installed. HOWEVER, I stayed up way too late, and kept trying to play. As the evening progressed, the quality of connection steadilly improved. By the time I finally was ready to fall asleep at the keyboard and had to go to bed, I was able to connect every time, and it worked really fast as well.

So, two possibilities jump out at me. The first is that maybe the early problems were because lots of people didn't have the patch, and version 1.2 and 1.3 don't play nicely together. Perhaps as the evening progressed, more people learned about and installed the patch. The second thing I was thinking is that maybe the performance improved later because there were fewer players online. Just guesses. I'm interrested to see how it performs this evening, durring prime time. I'm assuming that more users will have the new patch by this evening. I hope that helps. There should be a way to force people to download it before they can even enter the lobby.

GameSpy's servers were having some problems last night. If you were having connection problems last night, give them a try now and it should be resolved. We've been watching the servers closely, and for the most part, connections seem to be much, much better than before.

As to the exception error, we believe we have fixed the problem, but if you see it crop up again, let me know.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Gamespy? problems? Naaaaa! Playing Dawn Of war, we were all kicked out of the game DURING the game! lol.

Ive had a quick play online and everything is 100% better! I just wish you'd lose the Quick Match randomness of playing a Ladder game.

DMUK

Has anyone else had mouse pointer problems with this patch? I installed it, and immediately in the game my mouse pointer wasn't tracking properly - like the mouse had a poor signal from the receiver - but this wasn't the case because signal strength was fine each time, and it worked fine with all other apps. The pointer "stutters" badly in all game modes (galactic/space/land), but the rest of the graphics do not.

I tried this four times - and once with a wired mouse - and it had the exact same problem every time. My screen resolution and detail level hasn't changed since before this patch was installed, and I've never had any kind of "stuttering" problem with the mouse pointer or graphics rate before.

So in the meantime I've uninstalled the patch.

There seems to be a new ladder exploit for people who are losing with V1.03. I'm not sure how it's done, but I had three games with three different players where they exited, or disconnected in some abnormal way. I was left staring at an in-game pop-up window that said something like 'waiting for player' with a progess bar at the bottom that gets smaller as it times out. I would suspect connection issues, or a bug, however I know the players did this on purpose because they told me they were done or cursed at me before disconnecting. The really bad part about this is that the waiting dialogue box won't close, so the only way to end the game is from Windows. And, to add a little salt to the wound, the games don't show up in the ladder as a win OR a loss, like it never happened. I would reward those players with a negative feedback point in Gamespy, but you can't give player feedback when there's no match with the player.

Archived