Home

Bug list (after 1.03)

Guest DarthMaulUK

A few things I've noticed since the patch:

1) Corellian Gunships' power to engines ability never wears off when engaged and has no cooldown time after being used. (Actually, I really like this. As long as the power to engines diverts energy from firepower, I see nothing wrong with the ability being toggleable in the same way that T4-B's weapon settings are toggleable. But the Corellian Gunship and Corellian Corvette ought to behave in the same way, one way or the other.)

2) On the Tatooine land map, I built a turret on the build pad immediately to the west of the northeastern building (right below the power generator site), which happened to be a barracks. When garrison troops left the barracks, they would jerk out of the building at a rate of about one animation frame every ten seconds. Once they reached the rally point (now located just about on top of the build pad), they behaved normally. I think--but am not positive--that this behavior only occured after I built the turret on the pad.

3) I am playing a Rebel Galactic Conquest on hard difficulty, and the Imperial AI doesn't attack me in space that often, and on the rare occasions that it does, I see a HUGE stack of units against my defenders but once the space battle loads it turns out that the attack fleet is seven Broadside Cruisers, three Tartan Cruisers, and thirty-eight squadrons of TIE Scouts. Why is the AI putting all its resources towards building up huge fleets of TIE Scouts when I just soak them up with Corellian Corvettes? Shouldn't it notice what I'm doing--heck, shouldn't it predict that from the unit matchup tables?--and try a new strategy aimed at elimenating my corvettes?

Okay, here's something that's annoying. When you use the tie 'hunt' special ability, they stop when they reach a nebula. And lots of nebulas are in the corners, which seems to be an area that attracts the ties when they are hunting.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Major online bug playing campaign. Luke CANT destroy the Death Star! Needs urgent fixing.

Also, on 1v1 Campaign - Showdown at Bespin - the rebels cant tech up. So they will get beaten 90% of the time as their ships are no match for Imperial Stardestroyers.

DMUK

I'm not sure if this is a "post 1.03" bug or a general bug, but I just tried to finish the GC while pleying rebels. The setting was hard, and I had ALL of the planets defeated. Upon killing the Emperor, Darth Vader respawned. I'm not sure when he spawned, though I had just killed him in Coruscant space prior to launching a ground assault. It couldn't have been more than a few days.

I had just killed the Emperor and took the last planet. At this point I get the warning about an incoming Imperial fleet. It consists of JUST Vader. I have 2 Mon Cals, 2 Neb Bs and a 2 corvettes around the planet (the one JUST south of Coruscant on the galactic map). He joins the fight, then retreats faster than I can kill him (man, he takes nearly NO damage from capitals/frigates/corvettes).

At this point I get the countdown to hyperspace and it sticks at 000.000. I sat there for the next five minutes or so, moving ships to make sure that I had the entire map covered (he wasn't hiding in a nebula or something). I tried logging the game again, quitting back to desktop and reloading, etc. I'm still stuck there.

Not a real problem since I know that I finished it, but sort of disappointing to not get my mil rating.

Okay, here's something that's annoying. When you use the tie 'hunt' special ability, they stop when they reach a nebula. And lots of nebulas are in the corners, which seems to be an area that attracts the ties when they are hunting.

Along with that, when X-Wings reach nebula their lock S-Foils ability stops working. Realistically speaking how can the nebula stop a pilot from keeping their wings shut? :p

Along with that, when X-Wings reach nebula their lock S-Foils ability stops working. Realistically speaking how can the nebula stop a pilot from keeping their wings shut? :p

well a neb disrupts their radars so im guessing they dont wanna go fast where they cant see anything.Same goes with ties, their radar is disrupted so they cant hunt for enemies

Many times when the survivor troops evacuate a destroyed building, they get stuck at the edge of the map and building. Happens alot on the Alderaan land map in the north. The map needs to be bigger so the units can be killed.

Okay, here's another REALLY annoying bug. Sometimes, when playing 3v3 space battles, one of the players will not get starting units. How annoying is it when you're trying to take starting mines, and one of your teammates doesn't have any units? This happens so often that I've noticed people hosting games with no starting units, so it's even either way. Maybe no starting units would be better as the default anyway. That seems to add another level to the space tactical puzzle, rather than the usual 'rush the mines with starting units' thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heroes can disappear when dragged into a fleet slot from the ground slot - that is, their icon is still shown in the upper right corner, but individual icon does not exist in both galactic view and planet view, so you can't do anything with them. Before disappearing completely, the icon sometimes shows as an empty background circle circle with a "raid" star attached. I have a savegame from my localized version to prove this.

Not really a bug, but there isnt a Balance issue thread, and it does have to do with 1.03. Boba Fett sucks with this patch, before he used to be good at clearing out Pirate planets, but now he dies vs one infantry squad in Auto Resolve. He used to be able to face large Pirate forces and escape, and be able to repeat that again and again. Also, the Empire researches WAY to slow. I was playing a 1v1 campaign map yesterday, and by the time i got to Tech 2, the Rebel player was at Tech 4.

I play ladder matches and I hate how people build anti air turrets and pwn my ground forces with them. This puts a huge damper on my raid abilities with rebels as the turrets shoot even furthur then artillery. Try it your self. Build an anti air turret on the ground and right click land units, it will fire at them. It does massive splash damage and again shoots super far. NEEDS TO BE FIXED IMMEDIATLY!

I play ladder matches and I hate how people build anti air turrets and pwn my ground forces with them. This puts a huge damper on my raid abilities with rebels as the turrets shoot even furthur then artillery. Try it your self. Build an anti air turret on the ground and right click land units, it will fire at them. It does massive splash damage and again shoots super far. NEEDS TO BE FIXED IMMEDIATLY!

Wasn't air turrets designed to shoot ground units?

No, AA turrets/vehicles are specific units and should only be able to attack aircraft, otherwise whats the point in building anyother unit if you can have an all-in-one unit that can fire at anything?

Oh, and I just played a conquest game where the AI had the bright idea to build 175 scout fighters plus 65 Tartans. The AI needs to be MUCH smarter.

A multiplayer issue I have... well two;

1) The buddy list system SERIOUSLY needs a MAJOR overhaul. The Chat system also needs a good tweaking. For example;

The Buddy list system; needs to be able to privately chat with multiple people at once instead of just ONE, very tedious. When somebody tries to talk/invite you through the buddy system, the alert that pops up telling you this BLOCKS EVERYTHING ELSE which is now beyond frustration, especially when your trying to type in the lobby and you suddenly get cut off. You should also be able to tab between the buddy system and the chat rooms without being forced to choose only one in which to type.

The Chat system; Would be VERY useful if you could chat in the main rooms while your also in a game room (Think Homeworld 2)

2. Why can I not choose which side I want to be when either hosting a game or joining one, the comp simply decides who I'll be and does not allow me to change, this has happened since I installed the game. Becoming very tiresome.

On a slight sidenote, Multiplayer Skirmish needs more options (i.e. gametypes) Racing to kill the station is becoming boring. A capture and hold territory mode would be much fun and allow for good scraps.

Thats all for now.

1. In ground battles, playing as either side, units will get stuck.

If I - as the attacker - land a troop unit at a reinforcement point and that unit is under fire, something happens such that the unit is immobilized. Maybe the AI is confused about how the unit should react to incoming gunfire, since the unit still has yet to disembark from the transport.

I can`t recall this happening to vehicles, but infantry frequently suffer this bug - the units affected cannot move for the duration of the battle.

This bug is quite easy to recreate: just land reinforcement infantry while the reinforcement point is under fire. Inevitably some infantry units will be immobile.

2. In a space battle I had an Acclamator of mine suddenly shoot a constant stream of Proton Torpedoes from its appropriate hardpoint.

It had suffered some damage, though the torpedo point was in good shape. The ship was very close to an enemy Rebel space station (level 2?). I cannot recall the system.

Sorry I can`t offer anything more than that - its a bug that only occurred once since I`ve been playing (for many weeks now).

Sometimes an imperial fleet will orbit a planet I occupy yet it won't engage a battle.

Example:

http://www.escapedturkey.com/eaw/nobattle.jpg

I have to send another ship to that planet to activate the battle.

Example:

http://www.escapedturkey.com/eaw/battle.jpg

Is it because the hero unit is Han Solo?

AT-AT's get stuck when near buildings:

http://www.escapedturkey.com/eaw/stuck.jpg

Thank you. :)

Archived