Home

PC Zone (UK) scores Empire at War

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

UK games magazine, PC ZONE have just reviewed Empire at War on their website.(Check their review section).

Normally, PC ZONE are never to be trusted with review scores (gave Force Commaner 95%, Star Wars Galaxies 78%) but seen they were taken over by their rivals @ PC Gamer, their review score system has improved.

Whats incredible about the guy reviewing EaW, is the fact he isnt a Star Wars fan but doesnt hold that against the game as he clearly points out the areas that are excellent, to the down right awful! (must have played campaign online!).

I wont post the score but it certainly woke me up this morning!

DMUK

i think the score is abit low, but the bad and good points made by the review-er is 100% correct.

im a PCZone fan, the last few mags i've bought are all PCZones, and one of which has EaW's review in it. that was what made me buying this game. i loved HW2, and from the review, i can see the space battle are great, and here i am, bought the game and loving every moment of it

[...] "when you're blasting an enemy fleet to pieces with the Death Star" [...]

He's probably only played scenarios with the Death Star once or twice to not know you can't target ships with it. :) But still, it's a very good review. He seems to hit the high and low points very thoroughly.

Yeah the pc zone review was good, though pc gamer basically said the same thing.

This game is excellent at some things and pretty bad at other things, i hope the devs do get the problems sorted as this is a great game and i want it to succeed.

On a side note in the uk, EAW is number 2 in the GAME (largest software retailer in the uk) stores chart and BFME2 is like 5 heh!

Guest DarthMaulUK

The GAME chart doesnt work like the Official Charts. Publishers pay to be placed in the higher positions either by buying window space, end gondola space or just buying a chart position.

I believe EaW has many years left in it.....

DMUK

I believe EaW has many years left in it.....

it will have, as long as the mod community is good enough and as long as the developers keep giving out updates that fix problems.

(eg, Dawn of War, patches are still comming, and the game is very much alive)

(eg, CnC Generals, not sure about patches, but the game so more than alive)

Archived