Home

Student marches in Los Angeles county...

Tyrion

This just cheered my whole day up:

From the web site of the Mexica Movement, in reference to the march in LA:

One of the more negative parts of the march was when American flags were passed out to make sure the marchers were looked on as part of "America".

Good and bad. Great numbers of our people grew eventually to over half a million or more people. Bad in that the American flags were forced on our people by vendidos to make our protest more acceptable to the mainstream media.

Our signs helped to counter the American flags.

usflagupside.jpg

flag-with-pinata.jpg

Another thing that I don't understand...these protestors are getting so hung up on Mexican pride...yet this entire area (the SW United States) was pretty much a backwater until the US took it over. So many of these protestors are out there marching with Mexican flags (they marched in my town today...the ratio of Mexican flags to US flags was at least 10:1). If they're so proud of Mexico, they should go back there...but they won't, because America is the land of opportunity...and even if they still had the SW United States, chances are Mexico would still be a corrupt, backward nation.

Also, a local radio personality was out among the protestors today interviewing people...they were predominantly high school students who really had no idea what they were protesting. It was more about "Mexican pride" or "Hispanic pride" or whatever than it was about any immigration bill. And even the ones who knew they were protesting an immigration bill didn't really know what it was about the bill they were so offended by. It really was pathetic in so many different ways.

Do many of them ever know what the protest is about, hell no. We had a walk out 2 years ago because the school board had made us come to school on a day when the tempeture was way below 0 and I don't even want to think about what the wind chill musta been (Our School happens to be the tallest point in town and damn windy all the time). A bunch of dumb teenagers hear walkout and they start running for the doors. 10 minutes later the dumb ****ers are coming back inside because its too cold to be outside (go figure). This just demonstrates the ineptitude of mob mentality.

That's when you run them over. :p

I just about had to run over a couple today...and I was riding my bike...on a bikepath...there were about 20 of them, all high school kids, spread across the whole path carrying their stupid Mexican flags. They hardly even looked at me, and didn't seem to even think of moving out of my way as I came toward them.

Why they were walking down the bikepath I don't know...it's not like there are that many people on the bikepath to protest to anyway.

The guy biking a ways ahead of me looked like he clipped one with his handlebars when they didn't move out of his way...it was hilarious.

I keep hearing more and more people classifying this as a civil rights struggle & comparing it to the civil rights marches & protests of the '50s and '60s...nothing up to this point has hacked me off more than this. Civil rights are rights given to citizens by their government. The whole reason we're having a debate over illegal immigration is because we have a bunch of non-citizens in our nation demanding rights.

If I went to Mexico illegally (which, by the way, is much more difficult to do than getting into the US illegally, from the South, at least), I wouldn't get free health care or a free education for my kids. I'd get the boot...and that's if I could even get in. What's more, a lot of these illegal immigrants who are working 'legitimate' jobs are doing so with forged documents - Social Security cards and/or drivers licenses.

Interestingly... think of the traffic problems the deportation of illegals would solve. Not only would the sheer number of vehicles on the road decrease, all of the cars that break down on the road would disappear along with their owners!

All this illegal immigration stuff decreases my faith in "national security." If these people can just waltz right across the border... what is stopping terrorists?

Personally, I'm all for sending these people packing, and I think the cops should be arresting students under the age of 18 for skipping school.

The people are pissed because they want it to be a crime to help or hire a illegal immigrant with knowledge that they are so. So like homeless shelters and stuff are all angry because they could get in huge trouble for feeding starving people or giving them medicine, etc.

One of the coolest/nicest/smartest guys I know was carried across the border by his parents when he was little. And now that I think about it, while his father was a drug dealer who is in and out of jail, now he's a successful entrepreneur and public speaker, and very wealthy. So while I definately do NOT support illegal immigrants, I know that if his parents hadn't eloped over here from mexico then theres a good chance he either wouldn't be poor, possibly living in poverty, or even not alive at all.

It's kind of sad once you think about it.

All this illegal immigration stuff decreases my faith in "national security." If these people can just waltz right across the border... what is stopping terrorists?

National security is a joke in any free society. Unless you implement draconian laws and surveilance its always going to be possible for some nutter to decide to blow somthing up. Thats the so called "price of freedom" and its worth paying imho.

National security is always brought up to scaremonger about immigration (in the UK too) but as far as i know there has never been a single documented case of anyone entering a western country illegally to commit an act of terror - unless they are on a watchlist it is much easier for them to just enter legally.

And even if they did secure the mexican border i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to come ashore on a deserted coast in a number of different ways... after all millions of tonnes of drugs seem to make it into the country every year - and that must take up far more space than a few terrorists.

IMHO there are valid reasons to try and restrict illegal immigrants and convert as much as possible to controled legal immigration - but anything about national security is just scaremongering.

PS/ I think that if you pick any demonstration you would probably find that a high percentage of the people involved didn't know much about it. People are much more likely to flock around a banner with a catchy headline than to do some research. Especially if its more fun than being in school. ;)

Archived