Home

KOTOR 3 should be like Oblivion

Mister Chief

I don't like the idea of being able to explore whole planets. It would become a console version of Star Wars Galaxies which isn't my favorite Star Wars game.

Also, I would like to see KOTOR III on all the systems for once! I think it would be cool with the motion activated controller on the Wii! Why can't all games be on the same system? Sometimes I hate gaming.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Different species as PC

Brings a question though... are inter-species children able to have their own children... you know cause a mule (donkey/horse) can't (sorry got sidetracked)

Reminds me of Amsterdam..

I certainly think Kotor should be more open but i want it to be as linear as it has been. That's what gave it the appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

If KOTOR 3 is as expansive and open ended as Oblivion, who needs Elders scrolls any more KOTOR will rule. I hope KOTOR 3 is that good because i want more games which are never ending. The attack system would have to be moddified i would like it if combat was more involved cause for me KOTOR combat makes me feel left out it's just a written script, i want to do the damage personnally, the only thing is it would be fairly impossible to incorporate all of KOTORs combat styles etc on an xbox 360 controller but i suppose an xbox 360 keyboard would fix that.

Robes and armours

Also, robes and armours, they just don't look cool at all in K2. I mean, they make the exile look so fat and bulky; HK could have called the exile "fat one". I mean, Jedi should look slim, agile, toned, with the lightsaber. It's good to look at. Personally I'm quite satisfied with the robes in K1 and I don't know why they had to change them. Maybe it's time the developers learn from our modders and try to put their fingers on what really appeals to the aesthetic sense. BTW, I really appreciate Prime's movie style robes mod, especially the tunics- they REALLY fit. Maybe the developers can lessen the workload of our modders by designing cooler robes and armours in K3?

I thought the robes were one of the things Obsidian did best compared to Bioware. I honestly can't see how anyone can argue that the Jedi Robes in kotor 2 don't look more like the actual robes jedi wear in the star wars series.

Well yes, if they happened to be worn by the Jedi American Football team.

If you are reffering to my post you obviously never seen a football uniform.

The robes in kotor 1 look more like Star Trek uniforms, the way they look tight, and there isn't the open robe part that the jedi usually discards before fighting a major villian. The Robes in kotor 2, look very similar to the ones in the star wars series mainly because they have the clothes underneath, as well as the open robe portion.

• 2 weeks later...
-Different Species for PC

I am all up for this one.

It is a role playing game, if I want to play a minimaly dressed female Twi'leek teenager, why sholdn't I?

Just kidding, but not really...

Anyhow, what would Star Wars really be without aliens?

There should be advantages to choose each race, like in Oblivion.

Etc. some races heal faster, some are more force sensetive.

And as mentioned earlier, some "racism", people not liking some races, like other, liking their own etc.

-Actual Facial customization, not just "choose a head"

Yes! There should be possible to fix the body to, it bothered me that almost everyone in Oblivion had the same height.

And tattoes, and scars, and beards and... you get the point.

Anyhow, there should be some good made faces/bodies pre made for thoose who don't like it and just wanna play.

-Limited inventory, but if you leave an Item in a box, it stays there

I think I have a system that should make everyone happy.

When you pick up a new item it comes into your temporary pocket in the inventory, and unless you put it in your favourite folder within you enter the Ebon Hawk will it be automaticly be put in the cargo hold.

And there is a merchant at the starport you can sell the stuff in the cargo hold to, so you don't have to pick up everything from there first.

If there are going to be a limit should it be possible to set it yourself, or after difficulty.

I hated in Oblivion that I picked up a expencive armor and were stuck in the midle of nowhere.

-Level Size (Huge)

Somewhat bigger from the earlier games would not hurt, just as long as it is not TOO huge, or feels empty.

Also, KotOR should adopt the fast travel system from Oblivion.

(In the cities that is, not in the dungeons)

Walking trough the half city every five minutes gets tiersome after a while.

-Graphics detail (It looks amazing on 360, and a little bit of "pop in" is worth it)

Anything else is shoting your self in the foot.

-More side quests, possibly even groups to join like the guilds

Yes, yes and yes.

I looooove side quests, as long as they are good and pay well.

To those who say it will take the focus from the main quest:

Does the devs enter your house, put a gun to your head and shout "SIDEQUEST OR DEATH, CHOOSE!!"?

Cause that haven't happened to me, and therefor I can choose NOT to do certian quests.

And for the guilds, Y-E-S.

Taris was a dillema for me because of it.

On one hand I wanted to not level up so I could get many Jedi Powers later, but on the other hand did I love beeing bounty hunter and fight in the arena.

And yes, I think that is guilds, it were guilds in Oblivion (Dark Brotherhood and Arena).

More bounty hunting and gladiatoring would be great.

And getting contracts from the Exchange to smugle stuff?

Han Solo fans would LOVE it.

And now: Berd's requests!

Theft

If you see something you like, take it, as long as no one sees you.

Dark side points for everyone, screw doing side quests for getting aford that robe, take it for free.

Sell it to some rather... shadier contacts...

Time

Don't you find it somewhat strange that it ALWAYS is day?

How can you enjoy the nightlife at Tatooine, if the twin suns never set?

Clothes

How come miner on Tatooine and farmers on Dantooine has the SAME choice of fasion as Anakin 4000 year later?

More diversity would not hurt.

Coop

With a party of three (or four if the devs allow it) would it be fun to open a can of woop ass with some friends.

Just play X-Men Legends and you will understand where I am going with this.

Mods!!

The number one reason Oblivion is so good is because there is so manmy mods, and there is so many mods because they are easy to make.

Dumbass D. Dumberldore Jr. could sit down on this PC and make something the devs never had the time to, or tought off.

Making it easy to make and share mods are esential.

Now, I don't know how hard it is to make for KotOR, but the fact that there are way more for Oblivion, even tough it has been out way shorter proves my point.

I have not played Oblivion, but I think K3 should be like KOTOR.

-Different Species for PC

It would interfere with the love plotlines, and we don't want too many tiggers that the developers need to worry about, etc. Besides, Humans do play a vital role here. Just have different species for the NPCs.

-Actual Facial customization, not just "choose a head"

What the point of it? I love choosing heads!

-Limited inventory, but if you leave an Item in a box, it stays there

It's unrealistic, but it's less annoying than having to drop items so you can get your Inventory unfilled again. Plus, there are a lot of quest items and datapads that I would love to go through and read its descriptions when I'm bored, and a limited inv. would be very counterproductive.

-Level Size (Huge)

-Graphics detail (It looks amazing on 360, and a little bit of "pop in" is worth it)

But...It is huge. And it has graphics.

Frankly, don't put too much hope into K3. No overhyping, that was the main flaw of K2. It was a great game, and if K2 came out before K1, everyone would have loved K2 and then would have decried K1 for its tacky and unorignal plotline. We don't even know if K3 would come, or if the True Sith would be in there. Frankly, I want a K3. But I don't want them to devivate from what K1 and K2 was and basically is:

1. Do the Tutorial Level.

2. Complete the Introductory Planet. This is where you learn about who is the bad guys (in this case, the True Sith). You know when you are done when the Introductory Planet goes Kaboom and you fly away.

3. Learn about the 4 McGuffins. That's right. The McGuffins. They speak, they talk, they are all-mighty. Once you learn about them, your mission is to find these 4 McGuffins and activate them. Strangely, there is 1 McGuffin on each planet. Hm...best to start cracking.

4. Complete the 4 planets to save the pretty McGuffins. During this time, you will either aquire the LS glow or the DS taint.

5. Activate the McGuffins and then teleport to the Final Levels!

6. Beat the Final Levels and you save the Galaxy! w00t! Seperate endings for LS and DS players.

Somewhat cliche, I admit, but if it strays from this format, then well, it wouldn't really be KOTOR anymore, would it?

But, after K3? Then, YES for an Star-Wars RPG based on Oblivion! It is a good RPG, and if somebody did make something based on it, SEPEARTE from Kotor, then I would buy it.

I thought the robes were one of the things Obsidian did best compared to Bioware. I honestly can't see how anyone can argue that the Jedi Robes in kotor 2 don't look more like the actual robes jedi wear in the star wars series.

The fact that K2 robes look more like those in the movies doesn't make them cooler. In reality the robes worn by movie characters are cool, but for some reason when they're translated to those in K2, they become bulky and uncool. And K1 robes are definitely sleeker than K2 robes.

IF they manage to make sleeker movie-style robes in K3, that would be cool. Best if we're allowed to put on/ remove the cloak portion as seen in the movies. And don't forget the hoods too!

• 3 weeks later...

No to limited Inventory you have 8 people with you on a freighter, you should have more than enought room to store all their stuff.

Yes to the limited exploration of the planets, More than what was available in Kotor 1&2 but less than Oblivion, Some of the time It got to be ridiculous, not to mention I got a little lost and it took me a while when I wanted to get back to the story line.

Yes to character customization I don't need as much as there is in Oblivion but more than here you go pick a head. Hair color, eye color, hair length and limited facial structure would be good.

YEs nothing like the whole hearted splendor of gallivanting jedi running and leaping about the game world aimlessly and unrestricted. From to go about falling over cliff sides into vast and wanderous chasms, coming about to a sharp and extravigant end.

And just think about being able to tame different animals as alternate sources of transportation, and traveling to not just different semi sectors of a city, yet different regions and cities altogether.

And I don't know anybody else's take on it, but I'd have no problem being a kel'dor as my main character taking in a slew of delicious twi'leks for personal pleasure. Those tenticles don't bother me in the slightest. When it comes to retarded cranial figures and bug faces though, come on let's face it, the pleasure there IS target practice.

K3 should be like Oblivion because Oblivion exists, which is a nice feature of the game. In other words, K3's existence should be on the same level as Oblivion's.

However, K3 should use some sought of updated D&D system as the previous and have dissimilar gameplay/rpg system to Oblivion.

K3 should be like Oblivion because Oblivion exists, which is a nice feature of the game. In other words, K3's existence should be on the same level as Oblivion's.

However, K3 should use some sought of updated D&D system as the previous and have dissimilar gameplay/rpg system to Oblivion.

Yeah, and you should be able to mate with dragons when on the dark path as to give the whole Knight thing for jedi a warm, homewelcoming perspective.

Archived