Home

Elder Scr. 4 - OBLIVION

Darth_Fetto

Hi!

I just recently read about that game and it sounds intresting as I also didnt play an adventure game for a long long time or didnt play any Massmultyplayer online games like D.A. of Camelot or SW Galaxyies or WoWarcraft.

Does someone own the Oblivion Game already? How is it? Is it also playable online? Or just online ? Questions questions questions...

many thanks!

D_F

Oblivion is only a single player game. The devs decided they wanted to spend all their time making a great single player game instead of having to split their time between the two.

But the game looks amazing. I don't own it yet, but once I upgrade my computer I'd like to get it. My computer doesn't even meet the system requirements, they're very high.

You can see if your system can run Oblivion by going here. :)

Mine is on the way.

Either it'll arrive before the weekend or just after.

I'm not really a huge fan of single player RPG's, the only ones I have played are KotOR and Fable, both being very enjoyable games. I like more the sosial ones like EverQuest (in the past, not anymore), Star Wars Galaxies (again, in the past, not anymore .... damn, that game had potential), and currently World of WarCraft, which is by my opinion the best MMORPG ever created.

But this one caught my eye as being well made, besides just looking incredible stunning.

Speaking of specs, I don't even know if my comp can run it. :p

I just decided one day that I would preorder it a few weeks back. :D

Oblivion is great. I love that game. If you like rpgs i strongly recommend it to you if you can get a machine that can run it.

Some members who already have the game (that includes me :D) posted their first impressions here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152586&page=3&pp=40 (starting at page 3 of the thread - note that the kotor forums are filled with rpg fans so keep this in mind when you read it ;) )

Btw, here are the system requirements:

Recommended:

3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

1 GB System RAM

ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP 64-bit

512MB System RAM

2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

8x DVD-ROM drive

4.6 GB free hard disk space

DirectX 9.0c (included)

DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

ATI X1300 - X1900 series

ATI x600 - x800 series (it seems that the x300 works too and some people are running it with the x200)

ATI Radeon 9500 series and up

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series and higher

NVIDIA GeForce FX series

I have an x850xt and at high settings, I can say that this game draws a lot of juice from my GPU. The card runs about 15C higher than it does normally.

Yeah, it definatly draws alot of juice from the whole computer even.

I've got the recommended specs on my comp, except for the graficscard (x600) and I cannot run it on full. Prolly due to my grficscard. :p

I will have to upgrade it soon.

But even at medium, low settings, this game looks great.

And it plays great too, there's alot of stuff you can do in it.

Haven't played much of it yet, despite I got it yesterday (cleaning day).

But as soon as I've checked LucasForums, I'm all over it again for the rest of the day. :p

You can see if your system can run Oblivion by going here. :)

Thanks for the linky Moeller! :D

I just ran the test and I passed with flying colors, not bad for a year old computer! :p

I'll be getting EaW, The Godfather, and Oblivion today later on when I go to Target... I have a 20% off coupon and I'm not afraid to use it. :xp:

I've bought it now yesterday too and the first impression is very good. Run it on lowest (P4, 2.1 MHz, with a card that shoulda fit)

But I'm already facing the first difficulties: I'm d**n not knowing where I'm going :smash::smash:

Stuck in a room with clear white light with some kind of podium or so in the middle where I want to jump to a path that passes this room, but from above. I can jump on the walls, but I cant get on the path :(

I found a way. It was a dungeon near the river or lake, just after getting out of the prison. On the other side of the lake is an nold temple and some enemies. A dungeon too then, I gess.

Actually I've brought the amulet of kings to jauffre and now I am in Skingrad, on the way to the son.

That's the main quest.

There's a myriad of other quests you can partake aswell. And it's sorta recommended you do so to I guess, to advance your character so you can better deal with the main quest as it gets tougher.

You can do the main quest whenever you want, same with the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw that. But for me all in all those things look a bit complicated ( I know there is a quest log).

For some reason my character has got some kind of Vampire Attributes. That makes it sometimes hard to trade, actually, when People are just ****ty scared and I cant even talk to the people (Skingrad). Somehow I seem to lose also a bit overview. F.e. the quest with that paranoia-dude (galrith or whatever his name is), I'd really like to slay him! Showing some dark Jedi Nature :-D

...is this..the vampire-thing.. part of the story ??

Thanks,

D_F

Thats bad...

bec at the actual save from the game, everytime my character dies :-((( because it's day and he cant stand the sun I guess. all new from scratch? wtf...

Does he die instantly.. or are you fast traveling?

Fast traveling during the day (if you're taking sun damage) will more than likely kill you flat out...

Find a cave/fort/ruin and hide out till dark.. or dive into some water.. your damage will decrease slower and you can keep popping restore health potions or heal spells till you can find some shelter or your next meal ;)

If you feed regularly (I read you must do it at least once every night) your character will remain mostly "normal", and you won't take damage from the sun.

Vampires can thus fast-travel safely if they feed well. Check out your character status screen to know in which "phase" your vampire is. A higher number will get you even more powerful attributes and abilities, at the expanse of sun damage and lower dispositions from NPCs.

Well, after another meeting with Galrith behind the capell around midnight, I've taken a rest, without knowing of this "fate". Went to the mages Guild after, where I faced that I cannot trade because they are so afraid, becoz of my pale skin, well yeah.. vampire. Before that, I didnt know its necessary organizing some blood..

Well and then, as soon as I step out of the Guild's house, the character dies within 2 or 3 seconds. I just can see the health going down in two or three steps, bang, he lays down..

Well at least I've got a save from inside the Guilds house. Seems I have to stay there until it is night. If they let me..

You can cure vampire but it is hard. You need to be a member of dark brotherhood and there a vampire tells you who you shall meet to get cured and then he tells you to get some soulstones some of the big ones.

I'll say it again, if you feed, you will revert back to a mostly normal form that will allow you to speak to people. You're stuck in the Mages Guild, right? That's perfect. Just wait for the night and drink from everyone in there.

For the cure, you can simply ask Raminus Polus at the Mages Guild about it. He will direct you to the count of Skingrad, who will ask you to do a quest for him. You can get the cure after. No need to be in the DB.

Archived