Home

Connections of the oddest kind

In the year 3041 of Earth years, a large expedition was sent out far beyond Pluto to search for an inhabitable planet the telescopes had spotted years before. The last message from this expedition was heard in late July 3043 when the capital ship, EFS Cerebus, was lost and its signal no longer could be heard from the space station Aether, which was orbiting Pluto. Later that year started the construction of the EFS Artemis, a humongous Expedition-class ship which had the primary mission to either find EFS Cerebus or build a succesful colony on the planet and maintain connection with Aether. The ship would be also have hundreds of turrets, dozen large fighter hangars and two hangars that could either hold eight support ships or two capital ships.

------

In the year 45 ABY, the Bargy, a Bothan assault cruiser, found a large ship, about the size of itself near the planet Twi'lek/Ryloth. The ship was a crude looking thing to what they were used to in the Galaxy, but somehow the ship also was beautiful in it's own way. When they owed it onto the planet for it to be examined more closely by a small examination team sent there by the GADF high command. The captain's log was secure and the human on the log spoke a sort of a dialect similiar to Galactic basic. After a couple of months of studying, the GADF gave their report of these humans and their ship from out of galaxy to the senate and continued to study the language if the humans were to return.

------

A few years later, in 49 ABY, the one thing happened that the GADF was expecting. A huge spaceship was noticed with an oval shape heading for Twi'lek. It was bigger than a super star destroyer in overall size and held enought weaponry to give trouble to a whole fleet of the Galactic Alliance Defence Force even without emptying out its hangars.

The Galactic senate sent out a greeting fleet with a pair of jedi onboard, trained in the strangers' dialect to make the negotiations easier. This RP will start from when the fleets are about to meet. The GADF fleet is gettng ready to jump out of hyperspace and the Earth Federation Ship was heading full throttle towards the strange planet after getting a sudden signal from the EFS Cerebus. A signal that could not be detected from as far as Pluto.

------

Name:

Sex:

Appearance:

Weapons:

Biography:

Other:

------

Name: Jack McArthur

Sex: Male

Appearance: A tall man with a brown beard and moustache that connect to each others. He is about 6'3" in height and is usually wearing military boots with the standard half-inch rubber bottom. He wears the black, blue and yellow Earth Federation Admiral's uniform with fancy epaulettes with thick yellow strings coming down from it(See Admiral Thrawn for example). His hands are usually covered by white silk gloves.

Weapons: The standard Earth Federation blaster

Side: Earth Federation

Occupation: Admiral of Earth Federation, Captain of the support ship EFS Ares

Biography: Born on Venus, and raised on Pluto, he never really saw the system he lived in. After he graduated from college and his mother died, his father got him into the army to be hardened and the disciplin truly grew on him. After his service was done, he stayed and started to rise in ranks in the Navy with slow but steady speed. When it was presented for him to command a ship, he was eager to do so and a few years later offered his and his ship's services on the mission to find EFS Cerebus. Jack is nothing but a soldier, a trait in him that even he would like to change on day.

------

When this RP goes along, remember that the humans from Sol aren't force-sensitive so the jedi cannot really do anything to them throught the force. This is the time when Luke is sill in charge of the Jedi order.

Oh, and feel free to get any position you would like, but you must know how to ease the char into the RP if it's a civilian or a trooper

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Brianna Davis

Sex: Female

Appearance: http://www.colournation.com/uploads/photos/1901.jpg

Weapons: video recorder, pen, notebook (oh, yeah, there's that little knife and small pistol on her belt)

Side: Earth Federation

Biography: Born on a space station orbiting Venus, Brianna Davis has spent most of her life in space. Her curiosity had no boundaries; anywhere she went, she asked questions. She carried a tiny handheld note-taking device wherever she went and wrote down the answers to the questions she asked in order to remember them.

As she grew, her memory got better and better. Soon, though she still took notes in electronic form, she really didn't need to. Anything she heard twice was committed to memory for years. After graduating from high school where she worked as Sr. Reporter for the high school newspaper, she attended a college orbiting Mars and majored in journalism. After graduating from college, she was hired by the Earth Federation News, a newspaper distributed system-wide.

Gradually, her reputation grew as one of the few honest reporters in the system. Even as such, it surprised her and everyone when she was invited to go on the Navy's mission to find the EFS Cerebrus. The Navy had always been reluctant to receiving any attention from the press, even from honest reporters.

Other: Brianna has a unique way of interviewing that makes it harder for the person being interviewed to realize that an interview is taking place. She strikes up a conversation and gradually shifts the subject until they're discussing the thing she wants to know about. No notes are taken during the interview. Then, Brianna goes to her room and writes the whole thing out. Later, she explains to the interviewee what really happened during their discussion and gives them her notes so they can review what she's written and make changes (if certain things can't be said).

When she receives the revised copy, she always says, "Thank you."

((We need more people and especially those from the Galactic Alliance before we go on with the meeting))

Jack sat alone in a small glass dome above the command bridge of his ship. He had an excellent view around the space around the ship as it flew below the mothership with matching speed. There was a silence for a moment as the Admiral sat onto a small seat next to an ancient grand piano. The left hand went to the right and drew off the glove before the right hand taking the left hand's glove off. The gloves were set neatly next to the chair onto the marble floor and the slender fingers of the naval officer met with the keyboards of the piano. His pinky finger was the first to press down a key followed by his other fingers joining in on the tune. He had learned the old fashion of piano playing in his military academy where most of his commanding officers liked to play classical instruments, including the piano and the guitar.

His fingers danced on the keys as Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata filled the dome. The intercom crackled open, interrupting his playing but he did not stop.

"Admiral, Ms. Davis has boarded the ship. Shall I send him to you?"

"Yes, do so"

"Yes, sir"

The intercom crackled shut and the admiral started to play the keys faster as the music started to become louder and reached it height before again slowing down

Name: Simon Harding

Appearance: http://www.fairhavenchurch.org/images/young%20man%20on%20the%20side.jpg

Weapons: Switch blade and standered earth federation blaster

Biography: Grew up on Jupiter II(Space sation orbiting jupiter?), there he lived an average life, with 2 sisters and a brother and both parents.He never left the station until he joined the army at 19, it was there he saw his love of flying. He was considered an ace Pilot by the time he was 21, and has flown ever since, he is now the leader of his squadrant.

Other: He is a carefree, joyful individual and is always oen to crack a joke.

((Hmm... the three of us seem to be about the only ones left who really post here... should we all take on second characters from the Galactic Alliance?))

Brianna Davis absorbed as many of the details of the ship as she could as she was led toward the ship's 'performance' room. As they drew nearer, she recognized the sound of a piano being played. Drawing nearer still, she realized that the music was coming from the performance room and guessed correctly that Admiral McArthur was playing.

They came into the room just as the song was ending and Brianna applauded. "Very well played," she commented as she approached him. Extending a hand, she went on, "It's a pleasure to meet you Admiral McArthur. I'm Brianna Davis."

((Yeah... I guess it would be ok if we would do that))

Jack turned around and stood up to shake her hand.

"Ah, Ms. Davis. It's a pleasure to finally meet you" he said and smiled kindly. He took the gloves from the floor and put them on.

"Do you enjoy the music of Beethoven?" the admiral said and smiled, crossing his hands behind his back as he stood infront of the woman in attention. The man's head was looking slightly down as he looked Brianna into the eyes as he spoke, like he had been taught to do in his youth as an expression of interest

"Indeed," Brianna nodded. "I find that Beethoven and others who wrote music around that time wrote pieces that allow for many things. Some for better concentration, some for dancing, and some for calming tempers." She smiled. "Most of Mozart's work seems to be aimed toward general happiness. Beethoven seems to have covered all the bases with his. Vivaldi filled his with a fierce energy."

She chuckled slightly. "But I'm getting carried away." She looked over at the piano. "I haven't seen one of these since I went to an opera performance a year ago," she remarked. "Earth Fed must like you a lot to have allowed one aboard."

"Let's just say that it's easy to bring a piano onboard when you know certain people from the docking bay of Aether" he said and walked to the piano. He tappe the side of it.

"This is a sort of a family heirloom. It's originally from the 21st century if I remember correctly and came to my family three generations ago" Jack said and looked back at her.

"But now I'm starting to get carried away. You must be eager to see the ship, but first I want to show you something" the admiral said and walked to a small screen next to the door. He held a button down as he spoke into the mirophone.

"Captain, increase speed 30% and get infront of Cerebus. I want to show the planet to out guest" he said and then released the button. The ship started to speed up and rotated enought to pass the mothership and get infront of it.

"This is exactly why I chose a dome. The view is spectacular and I've got a short way to the bridge" he said as he walked back over to her and pointed forwards as an orange-ish planet got closer and closer as they moved towards it

Brianna smiled. "A very good choice, Admiral," she said, looking out at the planet. "Close to the bridge and yet, to look out there makes it seem so far away..."

She grinned slightly. "Of course, that may simply be the point of view of a civilian... I can't imagine your ship is ever far from your mind."

The admiral smiled and looked at her.

"You could say that, yes..." he said and looked at the planet. A bright flash came from above the planet and many small and large dots appeared and started to move.

"Ships, we must get down into the bridge" he said and walked to the door, pushing a button on the control pad that sent the piano into a secure, shielded containment pod that could carry the piano if anything happened to the ship. he then opened the door and waited for Brianna to come with him.

------

Name: Falai Ha-Dail

Race: Falleen

Appearance: Dark brown jedi tunics with a dark blue cape. He's 6' tall and has a lightsaber and a blaster haning from his belt. Blue eyes and a short, black hair with.

Weapons: Yellow lightsaber, blaster pistol

Side: Galactic Alliance

Biography: Born on Falleen and raised in a merchant family in the times of the early New Republic. He was a young pirate in the time of the Yuuzhan Vong war and after the war was noticed by the jedi. Falai was trained on Ossus by Octa Ramis and got his knighthood just a couple of years ago. This is his second mission alone

Other: N/A

Brianna followed him down to the bridge.

----------------

Name: Briana Starr

Sex: Female

Appearance: 5' 4" tall, straight, dark brown, shoulder-length hair, dark brown eyes

Weapons: a single dual-phase lightsaber, standard setting blade is deep purple and normal length, secondary setting blade is bright green and shorter

Biography: Briana and her twin brother, Gavin were found to be Force sensitive early in life. As such, they were sent to Luke Skywalker at age ten for training. When the twins were seventeen, they received training from Riebe Sothe, leader of the Sith Hunters and her one time apprentice, Alyssa Renolin. They both passed the trials at twenty years of age and continued to go on missions together.

Recently, Briana and Gavin have been sent on missions separately. Neither of them quite enjoy's the idea, but they realize it's important that they learn to work separately.

Other: Briana and Gavin are near opposites. He is skilled at dealing with people and is often able to influence their decisions; she prefers dealing with machines and in some way connects to them through the Force. In this way, she can learn rapidly how a thing works or alter it if need be.

((I don't think Gavin will show up much in here, which is why I'm not writing up a char sheet for him. And I just realized how close my two characters' names are :p Brianna and Briana... prolly said the same... ok, so I'll call them Davis and Starr :D))

Name: Teiro Lass

Race: Human

Appearance: Strongly built, Long straight silver hair past shoulders, Black outfit, right-handed Bionic arm

Weapons: Telekenetic glove over bionic arm (crushes things), DL44 Blaster pistol

Biography: Classified

Other: N/A

Teiro felt the ship rattle as he slept in his barracks with his teammates. He jumped up and got into gear.

"Saddle up boys, I have a feeling we are going to be needed." He called to his other teammates in their bunks.

"Aww, Teiro c'mon man, its too early in the- the...." Yikak called from his bunk.

Teiro didn't bother waiting for them, and they probally weren't allowed in the bridge. Teiro ran down the halls to the bridge.

(Wait, the bright flash... is the ship under attack?)

Jack was cleaning his ship's windsheild when Tom, his best friend came up to him.

"Have you seen her yet?" Tom queried

"Who?"

"The reporter girl, Admiral's giving her the tour, or something."

"Aye, why do you care?"

"Well she's hot."

"Yeah, but like us, she has a job to do"

"You're never a hardass, what happened?"

"Did you think I was being serious?" Jack said then let out a laugh.

"You jerk." Tom said with a smile "Well I gotta go, meeting or something for me and a couple other guys, I'm surpised you weren't invited."

"Hmm, meh I'd rather be here with my baby anyway."

"I know how that is, later dude." Tom said then walked off.

(Do you want me to take over a jedi as well? or just someone from the star wars galaxy thinger)

((We need more guys from the Galactic Alliance, so make other characters if you thik you're up to it. And no, the flash is not from being attacked, it's the visual effect of a fleet jumping out of the hyperspace))

"Status report" the admiral said as soon as they got to the bridge. The captain looked up at them and then back at his screen.

"Shields at maximum, power ready to be diverted to ion and laser cannons, fighters fueled and ready for combat. The visual connection has been confirmed by other ships and by radar" the captain said and looked out of the window at the now bigger and you can almost see their shape now.

"Battlestations. We don't know if their hostile and we don't know if their friendly. Until they state either, we keep battlestations" Jack inforecmed the captain and walked to the middle of the room. The captain grabbed the intercom and soon his voice echoed inside the ship.

"Battlestations! Battlestations! All hands to battlestation! This is not a drill! All hands to battlestations!" the intercom sounded and red lights started flashing everywere

Davis looked around the bridge, observing as people rushed past her to get to their stations. "Efficient crew," she remarked. "Five seconds and they're all at the ready."

--------------------------

((Time to get the other side moving...))

Briana Starr opened her eyes slowly as the ship she was on came out of hyperspace. Just as slowly, she stood and removed her right hand from the computer console next to her. Using the Force, she called a datapad to her hand and strode purposefully for the door.

"Begin recording," she ordered the datapad. It did so. "A few days ago, we received word of a large fleet similar to the one small ship of some time ago. They appear near Ryloth and it is to Ryloth we are headed. Through my connection to the ship, I've discovered the large fleet is now over Ryloth. As we do not yet know their intentions, we are fully armed and ready should they be warlike."

Shutting the datapad off, she came onto the bridge. "Situation, Captain," she demanded. Slightly annoyed, the captain turned to her.

"Not even a good-morning, Jedi?" he snapped.

"Good-morning," Starr echoed. "Situation?"

"Closing fast," he answered. "We should be within transmission range in a few minutes."

"Their communications systems are somewhat more primitive than ours," Starr said, staring past the captain to the magnified display of the strange ships.

"I know it," the captain agreed. "Based on the technology on the older ship, we've set up a communications terminal to interface directly with theirs."

"Good," Starr said, nodding her approval. She took a step back, allowing the captain to continue what he was doing before her arrival. From there, she watched the display of the strange ships.

The door opened and the second jedi stepped inside. He walked next to Starr and looked at the ships in the distance.

"It's huge..." he commented on the EFS Cerebus and looked as the captain got the people ready for opening communications.

"The communications are up, waiting for response" the captain said and looked at the jedi.

------

The admiral looked at the captain.

"They're contacting Cerebus, sir" the captain informed him

"Hm... Listen in" McArthur said and walked to the seat up next to the window and a control pad. He sat down and then signalled for the reporter to come see it with him.

------

Aboard the EFS Cerebus, Fleet Admiral Brandon Lawson looked at the main screen as the communications were opened.

"This is the Earth Federation starship EFS Cerebus. We have knowledge of our fellow ship on the planet and we are ready to destroy your fleet if you deny our access to what is rightfully ours" Lawson said and the ship's cannons and turrets turned towards the fleet to enhance his words

"Earth Federation?" Starr said quietly, glancing momentarily at Falai Ha-Dail, her fellow Jedi. Turning back to the captain she nodded, signaling to open their end of the connection.

"This is Jedi Knight Briana Starr aboard the Alderaan's Paradise of the Second Fleet of the Galactic Alliance Defence Force," she said over the channel. "You seem genuinely interested in getting your ship back, but I'm curious. Rather than simply asking for it, you chose to threaten first." She paused to let that sink in before asking, "Is that customary where you come from?"

---------------

"Sounds human and looks human, though that is a rather odd accent," Davis remarked. "Not one I've heard before." Then, she frowned. "But her name..." She smiled slightly. "Wonder if she spells it the same..." Then, seeing the Falleen Jedi next to the strange woman, she added, "and what is that next to her?"

Then, she shook her head. "But I don't expect your Fleet Admiral Lawson to ask about it." She fell silent, wondering what Lawson would say.

"Earth Federation does not negotiate over something that is obvious. The ship is ours and if you do not surrender it to us, we must take it by force" the Fleet Admiral said and nodded to the admiral standing next to him. The admiral walked to the control board and pressed a button. The intercom went on in the Cerebus' hangars and called all pilots to get into their fighters.

------

Admiral McArthur looked at the screen and shook his head.

"Damn those americans. They have conflicts in their blood" he mumbled and looked at the captain.

"Move the ship right infront of Cerebus' bridge and get the shields to 100%. we'll keep the Fleet Admiral safe if the so called Galactic Alliance will start a battle" he aid and the ship started to move.

------

Falai looked at the Fleet Admiral quietly and stood next to his jedi companion. He thought it would be too much for the other humans to hear an alien talking to them all of a sudden. It would be easier if the humans would handle it between themselves for now

Davis winced at Lawson's words and nodded slowly as McArthur spoke.

"What can you expect from a nation born of conflict?" she agreed.

-------------

Starr glanced at Falai for a moment before turning back to the screen. "The ship is yours by right," she said slowly. "As we speak it is being powered up and launched from Ryloth. It should reach orbit in about ten minutes. At that time, full controll of the vessel will be turned over to you."

To Falai, she murmured, "No need to start a war..."

The communications went off and EFS Cerebus started moving towards the planet, stopping near the orbit with the smaller support ship following it closely. Their weapons were still on standby if the Galactic Alliance would try to do something tricky on them.

------

Falai looked at Starr after the communications went off.

"We are strangers to them. Do you trust every stranger that happens to have a powerful fleet in his command? I truly hope you don't. You were there when the Yuuzhan Vong tore this galaxy apart. At least these guys haven't yet started orbital bombardents on Ryloth" the Falleen jedi said calmly and looked at her

Davis let out a sigh of relief. "Uptight sort of fellow, Fleet Admiral Lawson, isn't he?" she remarked.

----------------

Starr shook her head. "If they start orbital bombardments, they won't survive to see... wherever it is they come from. I'm monitoring our weapons' status. We're on full alert. If they try anything, we're ready."

Falai looked at Cerebus and shook his head.

"Do you see that? It's half the size of the second death star and at least as well armed and shielded. You see those hangars on it's sides? I bet those can launch hundreds of fighters and armed transports. For what I know, there might be dozens of support ships inside it and there might be enought men and machinery in it to take on our whole army on a batlefield" he said and turned to look at her again.

"And if they are like the Yuuzhan Vong, the jedi can't do petty much anything to them except slice them with our lightsabers with pure luck on our side if we even get near them" the Falleen said and shook his head.

------

Admiral McArthur nodded and looked at the Galactic Alliance Defence Force fleet.

"Yup, and the 'jedi' as she called herself is just as uptight for what I could tell" he noted and then turned to look at the reporter

Starr smiled slightly and half-closed her eyes for a moment. Then, she opened them. "Half the size of the second Death Star though it may be," she said, "the technology is primitive. All the fighters in those bays would add up to something like an assault cruiser. We have a Defender-class Star destroyer and two Mediator-class Star Battlecruisers... not to mention numerous fighters of our own."

--------------

"Uptight, but seemingly undaunted by the size of this fleet," Davis agreed. Then, she noticed something flashing. "What's that?"

((I'm making a few guesses here. Earth Federation ships have likely been secured against as many different types of scans as are known to them. What's flashing now is a warning that they've been scanned by an unknown machine and information regarding their fleet has been observed, but not taken. Starr's doing, but they'll be unable to trace it back to her.))

"The Rebel Alliance could take out two Star Destroyers with merely a handfull of fighters even if the empire had practically thousands of TIE fighters. Do not underestimate an enemy that fights for a cause. That's why the Empire fell" Falai said and shook his head.

"We don't know anything about their weaponry and that will eventually play against us"

------

Jack looked at the flashing light and then at the captain.

"Block the scan and trace it. Get the wormhole drives ready. As soon as we've got our ship, we'll get going" he said and looked at the ship approaching from the planet. The Cerberus stated it's tractor beams and started to pull the ship towards it's hangar

Starr nodded thoughtfully. "Of course." Suddenly, she winced and put a hand to her head. "Was scanning their ship, their weapons specs and such..." She shook her head. "On any other ships I've tried, they've not detected me... I'm not using a computer to scan them..." She stared out at the strange fleet.

"Master Ha-Dail, these strangers seem to have detected my scan," she said, sounding slightly surprised as she stopped her scanning.

----------------

Davis frowned. "We're being scanned?"

Archived