Home

Connections of the oddest kind

Davis nodded thoughtfully, staring at the fighters. "How many are there? Total, that is? And how many in the entire fleet?"

She smiled slightly. "I've been ferried from one ship to the next so quickly, I've had little time for observation. Fleet Admiral Lawson was especially abrupt." She laughed lightly. "Something to the effect of, 'I have no time for reporters! Move along'."

-------------

Briana Starr watched Falai go and shook her head in partial amusement. If he continued to tease her, this could prove a difficult mission. With a heavy sigh she returned to her room and tried to sleep. It was difficult, though... who knew where that enormous Earth Federation fleet would pop up next?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I would say that there are currently about 1500 fighters in this ship and over 120,000 fighters in the whole fleet. But most of the fighters wonät be used in combat at once unless Code 13 is issued, which means the complete emptying of hangars for combat reasons" Admiral McArthur said and looked at the reporter. He smiled as he turned and looked at the space showing behind the force field keeping the oxygen inside.

------

Falai went into his room and started meditating. He had always found teasing females quite amusing, especially if the female was a jedi, which pushed the challenge to even greater levels than with civilians. The falleen jedi sat on his legs and closed his eyes before falling into deep meditation where he tried to reach for the Earth Federation fleet, even if it was unlikely for him to find anyone force sensitive onboard

((Here it is by the request of WJ))

((Thanks, Tepe :) ))

Davis was visibly impressed. Still, she wanted more. "Can I take a look inside the cockpit of one of them?" she requested.

----------------

Starr took a deep breath and let it out slowly as she dropped gracefully to her knees before the same computer console she'd used before. Knowing she wanted her full concentration on what this and other ships could detect, she placed both hands on the console and closed her eyes, pulling herself into deep meditation. In this state, she accessed the computer, calling on the Force to bring to her mind everything it knew. From there, she widened her perceptions, drawing in other ships, first nearby, then further away.

For just a second, she had access to the information of a hundred ships between here and the Core. Then, she settled back, checking ten ships at a time.

The second any ship from here to the Core knew anything of the Earth Federation fleet, Briana Starr would know it also.

"Well... I guess you could" he said and walked to one of the nearest fighters. The fighters really hadn't changed from his days as a piot, so he knew pretty well how they worked. He pressed a button on the side of the cockpit hatch and the hatch opened, revealing the cockpit for them.

"There it is in all it's glory"

------

Falai could feel the energy coming from the other room. So, Starr was at it also. The jedi didn't really mind her, but the power nonetheless managed to confuse his meditation slightly. He shrgged, took a deep breath and calmed himself before returning into the deep meditation

Davis peered into the cockpit and examined everything. "Do you know much about these?" she asked the Admiral.

-----------------------

Their technology is on the outskirts of my consciousness, Starr told Falai through the Force. Perhaps their wormhole technology interferes with my mind, but I cannot yet tell where they are headed. Can you feel anything of the beings aboard?

"Yes, I know more or less. I used to be a pilot and these things haven't changed that much from what I flew. Let me show you around" he said and got inside the cockpit, starting to look around a bit. It had been a long time since he was a pilot, but as he sat there, he still seemed to be very much ready to fly out into combat.

"These here show air pressure, speed, fuel and ammo" he said, howing a row of meters right infront of him.

"This warms the engine, this here is throttle and this is used to steer the ship" the admiral explained while showing about at some switches and then ending up by placing his hand on a steering wheel-like object infront of himself..

"Here is missile launch, here is the lasers and here are the main weapons" McArthur continued to explain, showing some buttons on the back of the steering wheel.

"Here's the targeting computer, damage control and shield control" he said, pushing a button that popped up three small screens currently blank because the ship wasn't online. The admiral also took a small headgear from the side and showed it to Davis.

"And this is the comm" he said, then shurgging as there was pretty much nothing else to show.

------

Falai shook his head, even thought he knew nobody could see him.

'No. It seems like they aren't there, like ghosts. My best guess is that they're not force-sensitive at any level' he answered throught the force and gave a sigh of dissapointment. He then got a flinch of something.

'Hmm... What's this...? It seems that someone onboard is force-sensitive. I can feel it. They're heading for Byss' he sent throught the force. It would be another interesting confrontation

"You look very comfortable there," Davis remarked with a thoughtful smile. "Do you miss flying one of these into combat? I realize it's been a while since we had a war where such action was needed, but..." She watched him for a moment. "You do miss it, don't you?"

--------------------------------

"Byss," Starr said quietly to herself. Then, through the Force to Falai, she said, We can't beat them there, but we can be right behind them.

She rose out of her meditation and activated the intercom to the bridge.

"Captain," she said. "Lay in a course. The Earth Federation is headed for Byss."

"How do you know, Jedi?" the Captain asked. "Our sensors have not detected anything."

"You have two Jedi aboard," she told him. "Trust us, will you?"

"At once, Jedi," the Captain answered reluctantly. Starr nodded and spoke to Falai again through the Force. Keep tabs on the one you can sense. I'll keep trying to better pinpoint their technology.

The admiral lok down and then at Davis with a thoughtful look.

"All pilots miss flying after they've retired or rose up in ranks. It's painful to see younger men and women to go into these fighters and fly off into combat. But I know also that if it was not for me up on this ship's command deck, planning a strategy and giving out commands, they would fly off to their deaths" Jack said and then stepped down from the cockpit

------

"It's useless to try and pinpoint their technology, Starr. You know it as wel las I do" he said, but aloud and only to himself instead of throught the force. He would let the woman do what she wanted, even if it would be waste of time to his eyes. as the ship jumped into hyperspace and headed for Byss, the Falleen jedi went into deeper meditation than he had been in for years. He started to rise fro mthe ground and connection throught force to him would be of no use. He could almost clearly see the ship and pinpoint where the force sensitive person was. He or she was in the hangar, it seemed.

((Who is the force sensitive? Tune in next time. The same bat-channel, the same bat-time :p))

((There's only three people in the hangar... gotta be one of us :p ))

"A very... helpful thing to keep in mind," Davis said, smiling slightly. "Where's next on the tour?"

----------------------

Starr's senses had once tasted the Earth Federation ships. Now, she wanted the feeling again. It was exciting to her how new and different it was. She wished again that she'd been able to board the older ship before they'd turned it over to this new fleet. But that chance was long gone now, she decided.

"There," she murmured. She'd caught the technology for a second. Then, the wormhole they traveled through interfered and she cursed it before calming herself and searching for the wormhole again. If she found the wormhole, she could find the fleet inside it. Actually interfacing with the fleet... now that was an entirely different problem.

"Well, how about we just travel around the ship and you can decide which doors we will go throught" he said and smiled before closing the hatch of the fighter and leaving for the door. He met the officer in charge of the hangar and stopped.

"Did you get the door oiled?"

"Aye, sir. It's being oiled as we speak. They'll make a test open soon. That's when you can get out, sire"

"Good. Carry on" the admiral said and left again to the door. As he arrived to the door, the bulky iron things started to move, opening for them without any noise. They passed throught the opening and left the hangar. at the same time, a call came out throught the intercom.

"Embrace yourselves for a wormhole exit. I repeat, we are exiting the wormhole"

------

Falai continued meditating. The ship was soon jumping out throught a wormhole exit it seemed, as the force sensitive being left the hangar. The falleen sighed. If the Earth Federation would start an orbtal bombardment, it would very much be too late for the planet when they arrived

"You know this ship far better than I do, Admiral," Davis said with a smile. "I've seen the bridge, your office, and the hangar. I guess I'd be interested in seeing gunner turrets, the main computer, engineering, and anything else you think is worthy of my attention."

------------------------

Starr's eyes opened. I've found the opening of the wormhole, she told Falai through the Force. How's your Force sensitive doing? Can you pinpoint him or her for me? I want to pinpoint their ships by that one.

Archived