Home

Recent changes to LF???

Achilles

Hey,

Were there some changes made recently? For about the last week, LF looks like this at work (IE 6.0.2900, SP2). Everything looks normal at home (running Firefox), so it's either something at work (unlikely...they'd just block the page) or something happened to the site. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Achilles

One day the layout had changed (looked pretty cool...space between threads, snazzy new borders, etc), the next the borders were still there, but the spaces were gone. Then the buttons were missing (Go to first unread post, etc). Then the banners and most of the links were gone. It's looked exactly like the screenie I posted for about 3 or 4 days now...but only here.

All I can say is that I've logged onto LF from work the past couple of days and I haven't noticed anything different. My employer uses WebSense for content filtering and so I just see blocked out ad space sometimes. Like you I use IE 6 at work but Firefox at home. I know that doesn't help much other than pointing towards an issue with your employer's data network. Has your company made any changes in their ISP, content filtering, or (if used) proxy server?

Cutmeister, considering that you live nearby and that your employer utilizes websense, I have to wonder if we don't work for the same company :D

I just tried accessing LF from home using IE and it works fine, so it must be something with my machine at work :(

Hmmm. Now I know you've got serious computer skills so please understand I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything with the following question. Have you cleared your IE temp files since this started?

I know quite a few companies in our stretch of the desert that use Websense Enterprise. It's such a shame I don't get to view the hanging boobies and half-naked females when I log on to LF at work.[/sarcasm] :roleyess: But I am glad that my current employer doesn't restrict access to LF. You work for the hometown airline? ;)

No, not directly simply because there have been computer reboots in the alloted time frame. Perhaps focusing on the IE cache specifically, rather than relying on Windows will resolve the matter. We'll see come Monday.

Haha, that's really ironic considering I recently had to fire one of my better supervisors for using dynamic loop to get past websense so that he could do that at work :(. My employer doesn't block LF either, but then again we don't fly.

Archived