Home

Your wishes for the new game:

Kurgan

Are you looking forward to the sequel?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the sequel?

• Yes, I'm excited!
    • I'm ambivalent
    • No, the first game was not so good

Please post here all your wishes for the new game, and any feedback for LucasArts and the RC2 team!

Personally I'd like to see LucasArts sit their team down and have them play some UT and UT2k4 to see how good a multiplayer team-based FPS can be, and probably some would recommend they check out Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory as well.

The basic multiplayer options and features (lots of options are good!) and basic stuff like AI Bots and admin commands to kick or ban people, and forced team balance options and demo recording are key. The game should have more than just a CTF variant and Deathmatch/team deathmatch. Also vehicles should be available in some maps, and turrets (toned down for balance).

Also they should provide a linux dedicated server for the game to be popular. And the release of full editing tools goes without saying.

I haven't read the new novels, and I have no idea if these games will (or should) follow them, but overall I think they could make a good game if they take this advice to heart, and continue with what worked in the first game, and discard what didn't. They could learn a lot from other popular FPS games though! (I'm not saying they should copy them in every way, only in the lacking features, then expand on the good things).

Perhaps a mode with a class based system, where you can play as Wookiees, Geonosians, Battle Droids, and not just Trandos and clones would be good.

Maybe a "tag" mode similar to Jedi Outcast's "Jedi Master" where a lone Jedi has to fight off an army of commandos (in Episode III style comando armor?) would be cool. And just like in that mode, whoever grabs the saber becomes the Jedi, etc.

Coop would also really be cool, but given LucasArts's track record I'm not expecting this to happen. But just imagine a team of commandos doing a beachhead style mission or a raid on an enemy base. You'd have use of your team voice commands and the "revive" feature with your bacta paddles and that sort of thing. It would be so awesome!

Anyway, let's hear your ideas... ;)

Archived