Home

Kotor 3 canceled?

lord ignarn

I would like to thing this is a fool´s day preview, but, when I entered starwarsknights this afternoon I found that bioware has declared canceled K3. Now, breathe and:

Could anyone tell us if it´s true?

If it´s true what are we going to do?

What is bioware thinking? :tsk:

Could anyother company develop it?

Have we been forgoten?

Do we deserve this?

I hope it´s not true, I hope it´s just a rumor someone has pushed into the internet.

Anyway, this is my anger: :rifle1::blast5::fire11::blueblas1:uzi1::blaze6:

And this is what we should do: :mob:

All members of the KotOR 3 team have been integrated into other development teams both in BioWare’s Edmonton Studio, as well as the newly-founded Austin, Texas Studio. BioWare has recently announced that its Austin Studio has already begun work on an unannounced Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

SWG is based in Austin.

One of the most successful Star Wars games of all time is heading to the next generation courtesy of Obsidian. The third installment of the series will expand on the somewhat lackluster second title and once again be exclusive to Microsoft. We've heard that Bioware has had very little involvement with the third title, but Obsidian has been clearly instructed to take their time and pump out a game that rivals the original in quality.

@Dark Woman: hope you are right.

@Meatbag: As is posted in the thread "More KOTOR III Possibilty News! " in pages 4 to 5 they say that Obsidian wasn´t still working in K3. I hope the new it´s a fake and I hope I´m wrong starting this thread. The only thing I can say is that I hope you are right.

If any of you knows what´s being on with all this, I´d like you to tell it to all of as. Thanks!!

Lucasarts would be out of their minds not to make a kotor III, especially since it has such a huge fan base. Even if bioware decided not to work on it doesnt mean lucasarts wouldn't give the job to another developer. (Or It is just a sick april fools joke)

The KotOR games have made LA huge profits. They'd be fools to not make a third one. And is it a coincidence that this was anounced April first?

Technically Com Raven announced it March 31 2006 -- Yesterday. Of course CR is rarely hanging around us Kotor Fanatics so by default that raises the instant red flag of Fraud.

Then of course the usage of Bioware as the guinne pig which is of course another laugh.

So for those with fears don't be. For those who feel the need to nitpick don't bother if it's not a LA announcement then it isn't worthwhile. :p For those who think last years was better I agree.

i looked on other websites,

i.e gamespot, they said nothing of it. so if there is only one site that said something about it around April Fool's Day. I'm not saying its a joke, could be a coincidence, but im skeptical about how much truth, if any is to this whole thing.

at the moment id say its an April Fools Joke.

and why would they cancel it when it was never officially announced?????

there were rumors of its making but there was no official annoucment from Lucas arts, Bioware, or Obsidian. so they wouldnt cancel it if there was no official announcement saying it was in development.... just a thought.

Archived