Home

Kotor 3 canceled?

lord ignarn

If this announcement came like a month or two later, then that would make an impact. But it's obviously an April Fools Day joke. The game needs to be announced and in the making before it can be announced as cancelled. It was a just a gag to rev up us hardcore KOTOR fans.

What?! Kotor3 cancelled?! Bu-bu-but when was it announced??? WWAAAAHHHH!!! :cry8:

I think I'll just sit in my garage for a while, with the door closed and the engine running. I know that will make the pain go away. :cry6:

j/k people. No need for an intervention or anything like that. It is April Fool's Day after all...

What?! Kotor3 cancelled?! Bu-bu-but when was it announced??? WWAAAAHHHH!!! :cry8:

I think I'll just sit in my garage for a while, with the door closed and the engine running. I know that will make the pain go away. :cry6:

j/k people. No need for an intervention or anything like that. It is April Fool's Day after all...

:lol: That's the best reply I've seen all day. :D

oh well. i had to figure something like this might happen. at least there's still hope that OE will get things handed over to them...

Last years was better....

No offence Com Raven

what, you think the staff is trying to pull a good one?? last i checked, i am a part of the SWK.com staff, and this is the first i've heard of this. you people have no sense of trust.

I guess it was an announced shutdown of a previously unannounced project. Bioware never really gave it a chance.

Stan: "Look! They killed KotOR!"

Kyle: "Those b******s!"

RIP KotOR 3. The good times we would have had now will never be. We'll miss you... :frownhug:

*sob* :cry6:

*sniffle* :wornout:

***stumbles back to exhaust fume-filled garage***

When KotOR III has not even come close to official announcement, how can it be bloody cancelled?

Microsoft for example has admitted a few years ago that they cancel about 60% of their games in development before they are ever announced. Just like Baldur's Gate 3: The Black Hound and Fallout 3 were never announced, but still died.

Yeah guys, sorry if it wasn't as funny as last year^^

But what can I say, there are only so many things you can do with a single-player only rpg franchise that has officially no sequel in development^^

Quick April 1st history:

2003 - KotoR on the PC was cancelled

2004 - KotOR II: TSL was announced (you have to appreciate how close we came to the truth with that joke^^)

2005 - the modding boards had to be shut

so for 2006, we had the options of cancelling the game, or announcing KotOR 3. Seeing how the last April Fool's cancelation has been 3 years ago, we went with that ;)

Archived