Home

Has Jaden Korr's gender been canonized?

Char Ell

The word I'm hearing is that Star Wars The New Essential Chronicles pegs Jaden Korr as male. I mean beyond the ridiculous (IMO) default is LSM unless stated otherwise.

I don't own a copy of SW:TNEC nor am I interested in buying one so I thought I would put the question out there for any of the hard-core students of SW universe to help me out with.

A cursory Internet search just came up with a Wiki article that says Jaden and Jan Ors go off in search of Kyle Katarn in an NJO novel. And I know just how much everyone loves wikis around here... :smirk2:

Human. Says so in the Card Game set in the post NJO region.
:eyeraise: Um, OK. But my question was about Jaden Korr's gender, not Jaden Korr's species.

Basically I want to know if there are any SW books, comic books, reference guides, or any other SW source material that locks Jaden Korr into the male gender. If the source includes Jaden Korr's species type too then that's fine to include but I'm mostly interested in knowing the character's gender.

And please provide specific source information so I can verify. Would love to have someone that owns or otherwise has access to Star Wars The New Essential Chronologies confirm it's article on Jaden Korr states the character is male since that is what I've heard. The wiki article I found didn't indicate anything about Jaden's gender, just mentioned that Jaden was featured in an NJO novel but maddeningly enough didn't provide the name or author of the novel.

^^^

Perhaps he was. If so my bad and I extend my apologies to Foshjedi2004. That'll teach me to wake up a little more before posting. :xp:

I'm looking for someone to help me out with sources on this topic. Something along the lines of "Yes, I looked it up in the NEC and it's Jaden Korr entry states the character is male." Or, "I read _________ NJO novel and Jaden Korr is depicted as a Twi'lek male." Since nobody has provided that thus far I still don't consider my question answered.

^^^

Perhaps he was. If so my bad and I extend my apologies to Foshjedi2004. That'll teach me to wake up a little more before posting. :xp:

I'm looking for someone to help me out with sources on this topic. Something along the lines of "Yes, I looked it up in the NEC and it's Jaden Korr entry states the character is male." Or, "I read _________ NJO novel and Jaden Korr is depicted as a Twi'lek male." Since nobody has provided that thus far I still don't consider my question answered.

Um if you read a bit more its already been said the NEC says he's male.

^^^

:eyeraise: Really?

*** rereads entire thread ***

OK. I got my quote which is me saying I have second-hand info that the NEC states Jaden Korr is male

The word I'm hearing is that Star Wars The New Essential Chronicles pegs Jaden Korr as male.
Then Alkonium states that Jaden Korr is canonically LSM but provides no sources. Foshjedi2004 then states there is a card game in which Jaden is human but doesn't confirm (although it may possibly be assumed) the card game has Jaden as a male. Then I have your quote
Well everything in the NEC is cannon so jaden is deffinatley male.
but I see nobody on the thread besides myself that has referenced the NEC and that was only me stating what I heard. Hardly what I consider authoritative.

Really, I'm fully awake now but am I missing something here? :giveup:

Then I have your quote but I see nobody on the thread besides myself that has referenced the NEC and that was only me stating what I heard. Hardly what I consider authoritative.

Am I missing something here? :giveup:

FFS, Terros said that the NEC is all canon so Jaden Korr is officially male.

^^^

If you can tell me that you personally have read it in the NEC then that's all I need to hear. I really don't know how much more plain-spoken I can be about this.

I hope y'all aren't offended by this but seriously, if you don't have first hand info of the kind where you read (and preferably quote) an SW publication that specifically states Jaden Korr's gender then there really is no reason for you to post in this thread. :indif:

Just to clarify, almost everything in the EU is not approved personally by Lucas. It is Lucas Licensing that does all that.

well yeah obviously he doesnt go through everything i just said Lucas its his companies that do it.

Also lucas does have quite a bit of say of what can and cant be done and does go through quite a lot.

most of the time he gets sent a rough synopsis of anything star wars related.

well yeah obviously he doesnt go through everything i just said Lucas its his companies that do it.
I figured that it what you meant. I was just clarifying for others.

Also lucas does have quite a bit of say of what can and cant be done and does go through quite a lot.
He does provide guidelines, but that is it.

most of the time he gets sent a rough synopsis of anything star wars related.
I don't think that is right. He hasn't read any of the novels, and most quotes I have seen say that he deals very little with the EU.

BACK OT: Until it is specified otherwise, I suspect we have to assume that he is male by the normal canon rules.

Yes, I do have the New Essential Chronology. It doesnt really say either way untill the last sentence which is "Jaden Korr's heroics brought an end to the crisis, as well as pride to his teacher." (emphasis added)

I'd say that pretty clearly indicates that he is male light side.

Archived