Home

The Simpsons Movie

Joshi

Yep, this has been going on for some time now, but they've only just released a teaser trailer for it...actually it looks more like a teaser for a teaser trailer, actually it just looks crap, but that's only my review of the trailer.

Oh, here's nope, here's the trailer, incase you guys wanted to see it.

It's been slapped onto the front of a number of Ice Age 2 screenings across America (and possibly England, I'll have to wait an see) so I thought I'd come here to my beloved Harbour (okay, that's kinda a cruel joke) and ask you guys exactly what you're thinking about this.

Do you think it's going to be as badly done as the Simpsons later seasons or a gift sent from God?

Make your thoughts known if you must.

EDIT

As we all know, when things get bigger, they get better. So here's a slightly larger version of the trailer, provided by Fealiks

I for one couldn't care less, I'd rather have another season or two of Futurama... :/

Well, I read on IGN that they were talking about making new episodes of futurama. Soo, get interested in that!I have a link somewhere... Oh yeah, go to Smon's Futurama Thread in Razputin's Domain, if you dare. Mwahaha

The four DVD movies of Futurama sound awesome, and may be better than continuing the TV series' on. I think changing the format to film can stop things getting too stale.

As for The Simpson's movie... well... I can't say I like the idea, or the trailer, but at least it isn't going to be live-action!

Do you think it's going to be as badly done as the Simpsons later seasons or a gift sent from God?

I think the first. I can't see them go "Despite the fact that today's episodes still have high ratings we will go back to the kind of stuff we did in the early seasons".

Original Music by Hans Zimmer? Urgh. Please don't!

Same goes for Futurama. If they can't see that lots of episodes after season 2 are just plain bad, then don't let them make any kind of sequel. I mean to do an investigation into what changed in the crew of those series that might be connected to the worsened writing.

Gimme Ripper or Spike or anything from the Whedon-verse.

Can't really blame the Simpsons for going how it did. For a TV show as long running as this, it was inevitable that crew members would move on and new ones would come in and things would change, either for the better or worse (in this case worse).

But yeah, I can't see the movie doing any good.

four movies? new simpsons cast members? free aubergenes? wow i feel like ive been left out in the dark BIG time! i cant believe this ive never heard about any of this stuff

you what? live action? no it isnt.... is it?

joshi youre link didnt work so i used this one

same one?

Yes, it is, infact I'll change my opening post to include this link instead since it actually works and is of better quality (either the website I linked above were forced to take it down, or more likely, my attempt at direct linking didn't work).

Oh, and Gabez did say "but at least it isn't going to be live-action!"

Yes, it is, infact I'll change my opening post to include this link instead

ok, no prob

whoops i thought he got it mixed up with that live-action intro thats been going viral.... has that been aired in the states (or anywhere else) on TV or is it just here in britain?

either the website I linked above were forced to take it down, or more likely, my attempt at direct linking didn't work

Former. I worked for me yesterday, now the page links to that other link...

Edit: Also, for you downloaders, the direct link (without that wrapper-redirect-playlist-mov) would be that...

• 1 month later...

I'm optimistic about it, I think only three (including Mirkin whose great) writers past the original staff are working on it, so it will probably be good.

And David Silverman who directed the Simpsons since the Tracy Ullman Show days is directing it so its animation will be good atleast.

BTW Skinkie, you seem to be a knowledgable Simpsons fan, did you ever read John Swartzwelder's books? A hardcore fan like you sound to be would probably love them. I know I did.

According to Film Review Magazine, yes, David Silverman is directing and among the 11 screenwriters are regulars such as James L Brooks, Mike Skully, Jon Vitti and Matt Groening.

Little is known of plot although one possible story is that Homer causes a meltdown that makes all the water in Springfield tainted. Now, not only does this sound kind of weak compared to some of the better episodes of the show, but it also seems like just a simple extended episode. Of course the movie will probably end up being nothing like that as it is simply just a rumour, but whatever.

I cant see any posibility at all of a half decent storyline, the simpsons is really just good for TV. I bet its gonna be really novelty and annoying, like "its just like a regular episode, only its an hour and a half long and it has a bunch of guest stars! and Moe!"

I cant see any posibility at all of a half decent storyline, the simpsons is really just good for TV. I bet its gonna be really novelty and annoying, like "its just like a regular episode, only its an hour and a half long and it has a bunch of guest stars! and Moe!"

Well really what else should the movie be? Every TV series-turned-movie is either an hour and a half long episode(Family Guy) or so far-fetched it could never happen (Recess).

BTW Skinkie, you seem to be a knowledgable Simpsons fan, did you ever read John Swartzwelder's books? A hardcore fan like you sound to be would probably love them. I know I did.

Yeah, big fan, however never read any of his books. Maybe I should pick them up.

Well really what else should the movie be? Every TV series-turned-movie is either an hour and a half long episode(Family Guy) or so far-fetched it could never happen (Recess).

Is there actually anything that's too far-fetched for the Simpsons? I mean seriously, they've pretty much done everything.

And despite the Stewie Griffin movie being, yes, nothing more than an hour and a half long episode, it was incredibly funny (as was most of season 4)

Archived