Home

Commandos vs. Spartans

Bomberman65

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question. If it was one squad of commandos vs. a single Spartan, the commandos would win, no doubt. However, in one on one, I'm not sure. They both have personal sheilds. I'd guess that the Spartan had better armor, and is probably stronger due to its augmentations. Where the spartans fail is their lack of weapons. They can carry two weapons and two types of gernades, whereas the commandos can cary a pistol, their DC-17/m with blaster, sniper, and anti-armor attachments, and an additonal gun, as well as five kinds of gernades.

The spartan's gernades don't really have much use except for blowing stuff up. I think that if the commando threw a EC gernade, the EC could take out the sheild, as well as the Spartan's computers in its suit, making him much weaker, as the suit gives a Spartan much of his strengh. Also, the commandos have the advantage of bacta, which seems to be more effective than just a med pack.

In my opinion, the commando would win because of more diverse and useful weapons.

Who are these "spartans" you're talking about (and where can I look them up)? Obviously not the real life Spartans from antiquity...

And you can also compare to the multiplayer version of the Republic Commando, which can only carry two weapons (each attachment for the DC-17 counts as a "weapon") and three types of grenades (the fourth type isn't even available in multiplayer). What is this "fifth" type of grenade? There's only four in the game: sonic detonators, thermal detonators, EC detonators, and the Diversionary Flash detonators (SP only).

The ammo capacity of your guns is also smaller in the MP portion of the game. While more limiting, overall the MP presentation is probably more realistic for an individual commando (though carrying three attachments would seem logical enough, plus a pistol, among a squad it would make more sense to break up the weapons between them rather than giving each person everything).

Bacta of course works differently in MP vs. SP. In SP if you're not using a station (which takes time to use), you have to have somebody on your team revive you (which also takes time and only brings you back to half health). In MP you just run over a bacta tank and it instantly restores you to full almost instantly.

See the link to "BOOT CAMP" in my sig for further details. ;)

What is this "fifth" type of grenade? There's only four in the game:

You're right, my mistake. There are only four types of gernades in RC.

Also, it probably is better to campare the two through multiplayer, though I can't imagine a commando being sent off without at least his main weapon, and a sidearm.

Btw, what are you using for the spartan's weapons?

In Multiplayer RC, the Republic Commando gets the DC-17m with blaster attachment (40 rounds per clip, 4 clips: for a total of 160 shots), the DC-17s pistol and 2 Thermal Detonators. That's it! (Trandoshans are equipped exactly the same except substitute the Trandoshan Repeater for the DC-17m blaster... the gun is equal in power and rate of fire in MP). Obviously this also means they both have access to their regenerative personal shields and wrist blades (with their larger weapon).

BOOT CAMP! ;)

Well I'll set it up like this,

Commando = DC-17m blaster attachment. (40 rounds per clip, 4 clips: for a total of 160 shots), DC-17s pistol and 2 Thermal Detonators.

Spartan = MA5B Assault Rifle. (60 rounds per clip, 3 clips: for a total of 180 shots), M6D Pistol, and 2 M9 HE-DP Grenades.

Who would win????

Well I'd have to say the Commando cause Commandos are more educated in stealth tatics and they can take a hell of a lot more beating then a Spartan. So my guess would be the Commando, but it would be a very close battle. Oh and call me 65 or BM for short.

If a hunter is what I think it is, (Huge armored thing with the spines) then the commando would probably win. I think this mainly because the hunters aren't very manuverable, and don't the hunters have a weak spot on their back? The commando could easily outmanuver the hunter and blast it in the back, right. I haven't actually played Halo.

Read the Halo Books, and you will see why Spartans would win.

They are trained from the age of 6, taught the art of Warfare, Rules of Engagement, and Stealth, and only the strong survive.

Spartans would win, and read Halo: The Fall of Reach to see why.

If you had one Commando vs. one Spartan who do you think would win and why??

As far as combat skills are concerned, with Republic Commandos being grown and trained at accelerated rates, and a Spartan II soldier being trained non-stop since age 6, I'd say that they're even.

I think a squad of 4 RC's would be an even match for a Spartan. RC's have a number of advantages though. Nevermind the weapons and ammo counts represented in the game; 4 guys can carry more gear into battle than just 1 (4 guys that are probably just as resourceful as a Spartan II.) RC Katarn armor protects reasonably well against most types of damage. and with all the other specialaized gear that they can carry, it's no wonder that they're the best commando force in the SW galaxy.

On the other hand, Spartans are tough . Genetically and cybernetically enhances with stronger bones, better hearing and vision, and faster reaction times, Spartans in Mjolnir armor have been known to drop out of aircraft at 40,000 feet with no parachutes of any kind and still land intact. they do that in the 3rd Halo novel, but if you've played halo 2, you can fall from any height without damage, provided the fall isn't endless or anything.

Their armor further enhances a Spartan's strength and reaction times (in game, you can flip overturned warthog LRV's, even tanks.) Their weapons may be a little bit more low tech (if you discount Covenant plasma weapons), but a key advantage to their armor was always the fact that they could house AI networks (the Master Chief had Cortana piggybacked in his armor.) It allows for a Spartan to be able to go into combat and have reliable intel when there hasn't been any reconaisance. For instance, I wouldn't be suprised if an AI like Cortana could hack into an RC squad's radio so that the spartan could listen in.

So yea, in short, RC's are not dumb, there are four of them and one of the Spartan, have powerful weapons and have more options available in figuring out how to engage a Spartan soldier. Spartans and just as intelligent, have better armor, and has an AI built into the armor to further extend his or her eyes and ears.

It would be an awesome fight. Both the Commandos and the Spartan would have to pull out all the stops in order to win. Commandos would probably work together to flank the Spartan, corner him, limit his movement and then go for a kill. While the Spartan would try and stick to shadows, working to terminate the Commandos one by one.

I always though Spartans, if anything, compared to ARC Troopers more than they compared to Republic Commandos. Arc Troopers and Spartans perform alot of the same type of missions.

Hey yeah your right Spartans and ARC are nearly the same. So yeah I think the question would be who would win out of a Spartan vs. a ARC??

Or better yet Master Chief (The last of his kind) vs Boba Fett (The man just can't seem to die. I mean Luke, the Salacc, you just can't seem to kill him)

That's another good question. I'd think Master Chief because I'd think that he is stronger and faster. I'd also think that Master Chief's armor is better, though that might not be true. After all, Boba's armor withstood the sarlac pit. I'd have to say that Boba Fett's bountyhunter gadgets and weapons are probably better than chief's. Boba might have more training because he was trained at a young age, just like master chief, but he trained with blasters, not throwing rocks at guards.

I'd have to say that Boba Fett would probably win. Even though Master Chief is unnaturally strong and has good armor, nobody knows how strong Boba's armor is, Boba is better equipped, has a jetpack for fast getaways, and just has better genes.

Archived