Home

Commandos vs. Spartans

Bomberman65

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that's a good question too. I think that it's another even match. The Chief might be stronger and faster, and especially resistant to damage due to the armor. But I agree with Niner that Boba has better weapons. I think Boba probably has slightly better combat skills; he's had it tougher than the Chief, being that Boba was orphaned at around age 7 when Mace took Jango's head. Boba would know how to survive in a harsh galaxy.

I'd have to question the strength of Mandolorian iron though. Boba did survive the Sarlacc pit, but from what I understand, Boba did lose his original armor in the process, and had to take the imposter Jodo Kast's Mando armor at a later date (Another testament to Boba's combat ability, maybe?)

In the end, I think it boils down to who can spot the other first. If the Chief can get the drop on Boba and manage to get in close, I think the Chief can destroy him, with with his hands or with shotgun blasts to the face. Not easy to accomplish, since Boba does have a jetpack and all. I think Boba's best bet would be to keep the Chief at a distance. His jetpack mounted rocket could probably eliminate the Chief's shielding, leaving the Chief open to other rockets fired from Boba's wrist gauntlet, or ranged shots from his EE-3 Blaster Rifle (one of my favorite sci-fi weapons)

I agree that's a good question too. I think that it's another even match. The Chief might be stronger and faster, and especially resistant to damage due to the armor. But I agree with Niner that Boba has better weapons. I think Boba probably has slightly better combat skills; he's had it tougher than the Chief, being that Boba was orphaned at around age 7 when Mace took Jango's head. Boba would know how to survive in a harsh galaxy.

I'd have to question the strength of Mandolorian iron though. Boba did survive the Sarlacc pit, but from what I understand, Boba did lose his original armor in the process, and had to take the imposter Jodo Kast's Mando armor at a later date (Another testament to Boba's combat ability, maybe?)

In the end, I think it boils down to who can spot the other first. If the Chief can get the drop on Boba and manage to get in close, I think the Chief can destroy him, with with his hands or with shotgun blasts to the face. Not easy to accomplish, since Boba does have a jetpack and all. I think Boba's best bet would be to keep the Chief at a distance. His jetpack mounted rocket could probably eliminate the Chief's shielding, leaving the Chief open to other rockets fired from Boba's wrist gauntlet, or ranged shots from his EE-3 Blaster Rifle (one of my favorite sci-fi weapons)

We all know the spartan would win because their piston anti armor rounds you have tot ake everything into effect,. Spartan throws a frag grendae takes out shield of the commando and fires one shot from his pistol in the head and the commando is down. either way spartans can use plasma rifles.

Why would you think that boba was orphaned at age 7, what about the chief did you ever read the books, John is his name and he was thrown out into the jungle with a few other people at 12 yearsa old after he was taken for about a couple of years and expected to find his way back. I recommend you read the halo books.

Why would you think that boba was orphaned at age 7, what about the chief did you ever read the books, John is his name and he was thrown out into the jungle with a few other people at 12 yearsa old after he was taken for about a couple of years and expected to find his way back. I recommend you read the halo books.

I have read the Halo books. John 117 also grew up with all of his brothers and sisters; all the other fellow Spartans. The chief had people he could rely on. I don't recall the same deal for Boba.

The Chief was a wreck in the 2nd Halo novel too, when he thought all the other Spartans were dead. Almost got ambushed by a Covenant pincer move just after he crash landed on Halo. No competent soldier would not realize that they'd have to fight differently if there was only 1 of him and more of the enemy.

I wouldn't give the HE pistol too much credit either. It still takes about 5-7 shots to down a shielded elite. Republic Commando armor may be weaker than the Chief's armor, but it's not worthless

I think that in both senarios each opponent has the potential to beat the other one, and rather quickly. However, if a Spartan throws a frag gernade, the commando(or Boba Fett) isn't going to stand still and let it take out his sheild. He's going to get out of the way. Same applies for if a commando throws a gernade, as well as for bullets. No matter how good of an aim each is, they are both going to make themselves hard targets. That is what is going to make the fight as interesting as it would be.

I think that in both senarios each opponent has the potential to beat the other one, and rather quickly. However, if a Spartan throws a frag gernade, the commando(or Boba Fett) isn't going to stand still and let it take out his sheild. He's going to get out of the way. Same applies for if a commando throws a gernade, as well as for bullets. No matter how good of an aim each is, they are both going to make themselves hard targets. That is what is going to make the fight as interesting as it would be.

I agree Niner. I think it really comes down to their combat skill and not necessarily the weapons they carry.

I know I gave an example of how I thought a fight between The Chief and Fett might go. I would like to point out that it's kinda hard to debate this topic on the weapons aspect. Who's to say that the Chief's HE pistol (or the sniper rifle) can or can't punch through Mando armor in one or 2 hits? Is a bullet from the MA5B assault rifle the equivelant of a blaster bolt from a DC-17m? Do grenades have the same effect on the corresponding opponent's armor? Could a commando's ec grenade effectively shut down the Chief's powered armor, and kill Cortana in the process? etc. etc.

Also, Plagus, I said that I thought that Boba Fett had a rougher childhood than the Master Chief. I was supporting my argument that Boba Fett can operate solo more efficiently than the Chief. But just slightly. I still think that it would be an even match regardless. The Chief is still a very, very tough soldier, phsically and mentally.

My opinions are as follows; It would take a full squad or 4 RC's to have a chance of defeating a Spartan. The Spartan would be too tough for one Commando to take alone. A fight between the Master Chief and Boba fett would depend on who can spot the other first, because I don't think that either one of tham have an advantage big enough that the battle would sway too far in one or the others favor.

I agree Niner. I think it really comes down to their combat skill and not necessarily the weapons they carry.

I know I gave an example of how I thought a fight between The Chief and Fett might go. I would like to point out that it's kinda hard to debate this topic on the weapons aspect. Who's to say that the Chief's HE pistol (or the sniper rifle) can or can't punch through Mando armor in one or 2 hits? Is a bullet from the MA5B assault rifle the equivelant of a blaster bolt from a DC-17m? Do grenades have the same effect on the corresponding opponent's armor? Could a commando's ec grenade effectively shut down the Chief's powered armor, and kill Cortana in the process? etc. etc.

Also, Plagus, I said that I thought that Boba Fett had a rougher childhood than the Master Chief. I was supporting my argument that Boba Fett can operate solo more efficiently than the Chief. But just slightly. I still think that it would be an even match regardless. The Chief is still a very, very tough soldier, phsically and mentally.

My opinions are as follows; It would take a full squad or 4 RC's to have a chance of defeating a Spartan. The Spartan would be too tough for one Commando to take alone. A fight between the Master Chief and Boba fett would depend on who can spot the other first, because I don't think that either one of tham have an advantage big enough that the battle would sway too far in one or the others favor.

exactly, I agree, but he became really good at solo during the halo book #2, all I know is that I would love to see master chief and boba fight.

exactly, I agree, but he became really good at solo during the halo book #2, all I know is that I would love to see master chief and boba fight.

Yeah, otherwise I thought the Master Chief does fine throughout the rest of book 2 :-)

I dunno, maybe it's because I really do like all of the characters that we've been involving that I see them all being so evenly matched against each other. It'd be a boring fight if all the Commandos had to do against the Master Chief was go cyclic with their DC-17m's, or if the Master Chief just wiped out the entire squad by firing a rocket... Or threw a rock at Fett's jetpack and made him fly into the Sarlacc again.

Commandos and Spatrans are even, But BOSS and MC are another story. They outpreform other commandos/Spartans, and are even with each other.

More on topic would be that the CC would win one on one, The plasma could esily destroy a section of armor...look at Sam, The armor of the CC (Kartarn) even blocks the more human-ized weapons of the trandoshans

Final Verdict

Commandos better than Spartans

BOSS better than MC

• 3 weeks later...

my moneys on the spartans. for one even if the commando takes out the spartans electronics the suits stength comes from the armor its self. the spartan would lose some stength and some reaction timing but ultimatly it wouldnt be a big enough loss as to lead to the spartans defeat. and if ur want to go into it more if the spartans suit is damaged that badly then he would remove it at the first oppertunity. however he could still continue combat with it on. even with out the armor the spartan would be much faster then the commando due to the augments. and i dont just mean physical speed i also mean reaction timming as well. the spartans can see better, hear better, and have advanced reflexes. the commandos only have their training workign for them, while the spartans have that and much more.

I'd have to say that any skilled jedi with a lightsaber could take down Master Chief with a Plasma Energy Sword, despite MC's augmentations and quick reflexes. It isn't the weapon that makes the jedi powerful, its the force that controls the weapon. If a Jedi that was skilled in the force fought, it wouldn't be his reflexes and strength behind his power, it would be the force. Chief doesn't have the force. That's my theory.

Yeah sorry about that got sidetracked.

But now back to Commandos.

Well E3's come and gone and sadly no news on Republic Commando 2.

But maybe lucasarts will anounce it just usally not at E3 who know we can only hope.

But what do you guys think about Delta Squad going against Order 66???

Also have any of you guys read both RC books and what do you think of them???

No spoilers please. I repeat NO SPOILERS!!!

IMO, Delta Squad will execute Order 66. I don't know what happens in Triple Zero, but from what I know about the game, Delta Squad doesn't really come in contact with jedi. The only jedi that they have experience with in the game is Yoda, and the game makes Yoda look like he doesn't care about them much because he won't let Delta Squad go back and save Sev.

yeah true but im not sure seeing some of the things talked about in triple contact

and delta squad- jedi relations just because they dont like yoda that much doesnt mean they dont like the rest of the jedi.

also what about Omega Squad what about them. i doubt they will execute order 66, or at least darman wont

Archived