Home

Commandos vs. Spartans

Bomberman65

Niner, remember that the Spartans in First Strike had to bail out of a dropship in flames with no parasails. They were at terminal velocity when they hit the ground. Omega Squad in Hard Contact all had parasails and Darman busts his right leg when he hits the ground.

Whose fault is it that the Spartans didn't have parachutes, lol? They might come in handy in a battle inside of a gunship, or on the edge of a cliff. Maybe?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well´i dont know of a female clone being made but i do know that clones have emotions(refer to following books: The Cestus Deception and the Republic Commando book series) also commandoes do not have robotics or impules or anything else inside their armor to help them move or flip anything. they must rely on their own strength and the strength givin through artificial stimulants

Whose fault is it that the Spartans didn't have parachutes, lol? They might come in handy in a battle inside of a gunship, or on the edge of a cliff. Maybe?

Soldiers arent's equipped with parachutes when they're in helicopters. Not all soldiers wear parachutes when they're in the air and on a transport. Why should the Spartans in a case like this? The pelican dropship was supposed to take them to to ground. There's no where in the battlefield on the ground around reach's power generators where a parachute would be remotely useful. Why be bogged down by the extra gear? Any why the hell would you use a parachute on the edge of a cliff??? use a repelling line! Or a Jetpack :-D

Anyway, the point was that Mjolnir armor is strong enough for a Spartan to survive falling from that kind of height, and Commando Katarn armor is not. And on the ground, if a spartan had to jump off a high cliff to complete his mission, he could most likely do it

well´i dont know of a female clone being made but i do know that clones have emotions(refer to following books: The Cestus Deception and the Republic Commando book series) also commandoes do not have robotics or impules or anything else inside their armor to help them move or flip anything. they must rely on their own strength and the strength givin through artificial stimulants

Maybe some abberation in the cloning process making a clone a female? Not sure what would happen to her. Kaminoans are pretty obsessive about quality control.

It might have been possible for there to be female Stormtroopers, assuming you accept that after the Clone Wars, the Empire started making Stormtroopers from different genetic templates instead of just Jango's, and that the Empire also had conscripts from the general populace to start donning the white armor.

Dude, Do you ever SHUT THE F l_l ( l< UP!?! For Pete sake if you want to say something just say it all at once not post it on seperate parts. And the Assault rifel was still in use during Halo 2.

Sorry, 1_337. I was having multiple brainstorms and unfortunately that's how my thoughts came out. I hope I didn't offend you too much. No need for the language, though. MA5B assault rifles are only usable in Halo 1 and not Halo 2. That's what I meant.

I thought of another tactical option for the Spartan in fighting a Commando. Disable the Commando's Deece. M6D pistol fire or 15 rounds per second from the MA5B will do. If the Commando loses his DC-17m, He's left with just his blaster pistol and grenades, and no sniper or anti-armor or high rate of fire blaster. Conversely, the commando could do the same, but it might be harder on him to pull off, due to the blaster bolts not closing distances fast enough, and the Spartan's pistol being a much smaller target for the commando to get a bead on with the sniper, especially with both Commando and Spartan ducking and jinking under fire.

Commandos are trained to fight humans, droids, trandoshans, Wookies, and any other of a baker's dozen of races in the Star Wars universe. That means they have a lot more tactical knowledge and a lot more tricks in their sleeve than the Spartan does.

Their universes have alot of differences. Warfare is not one of them. In both universes, there's still the concept of a Tank. A Bomber. A Fighter plane. Armor. Grenades. Ambushing. Cover. Laying traps. Flanking. Artillery. Air support. Etc. And really, the Commando only has so many options in how to kill something. Shoot it. Blow it up. Disable and then shoot it or blow it up. Lay a trap. Use the environment. Those concepts would not be lost to a Spartan.

And still I think that the Commandos would win if they all just jump him at the same time. The Spartan may try to react fast but the armor will slow him down.

A Spartan's weakness, and most other living thing's weaknesses for that matter, is sheer firepower. That's why a Squad of 4 RC's can probably take down a Spartan.

a commando would be able to free fall far far and still survive but the their superiors no that everytime they deploy commandos and they die it will be harder to insert troops next time so they dont take chances. true spartans dont need to carry a parachutebut id believe that the pelican or other ships would at least have some emergency parachutes in case of one. commando are able to call down fighter, bomber, vehicle support. they are capable of doing every job a trooper can and then some. for instance: assasination, siege assault, counterinsurgency, hostage extraction, demolition, surveilence, ETC. on any terrain. they are trained to be able to fire on targets smaller than a dime from a long distance although with a the rifle attachment this is harder than with other equipment, they are trained to be able to addapt to different stuations in a second notice(or less) these situations include things like alien weapons, sudden enemy reinforcements, bambardment, etc. they have been trained to use every known and unknown weapon and vehicle. plus they have a databank built in their armor that they can call up in their helmet that includes species weak points, habits, homeplanet, anatomy, coloration, and thermic reafing(may have more). the Katarn armor is made to be able to with stand a direct hit from a turbolaser. this will most likely take the commando out of the fight for awhile because it most likely will give him a nice bruise and broken bones but he will still be alive and be able to give computer support and stationary support(ie. help protecting a bunker) and drive a vehicle. they try to make themselves small target and are able to fight even when completely disarmed.

PS: the only reason that on republic com´mando trandoshan's projectile weapons do damage is that had the game not been made that way it would have been to easy. actually the armor can withstand the hits altough if under continuos combined fire it may slowly put a dent in it and eventually pierce it. also you must remember that the SW projectile weapons may fire in a differnt way then Halo projectile weapons so they it may shoot faster than halo weapons

Yeah Guys I agree with all of your points but just some notes that at times Halo is very unrealistic. I mean I'd like to see a normal man free fall from a dropship without a parachute and survive. I mean Commandos are just human and in that sense its more realistic.

Oh and btw I'm emailing you guys from Samoa and a internet cafe.

But yeah you are right on some points.

Republic Commando is unrealistic. There seem to be a lot of corridors no matter where you go! Geonosis: Corridors

Kashyyk: Corridors

A ship: Corridors

Halo is unrealistic. WTF is up with the flood and the Covenant?

Anyway, since they are both fiction with no real-world data, it's apples and turnips.

well where he is right he's right

They are two unrealistic games in unrealistic universes that can be changed by the almighty powers of the makers(AKA LucasArts and Bungie, microsoft, etc.)

They are based on human imagination mixed with facts.

But who cares. let us have our fun.

Who knows one day one, or both, of these story could become reality(except the "long, long, ago" part) *plays old "The Twilight Zone" theme song*

Not at this rate of world progression. It'd more likely be "Terrorist wars". With a dose of ethnic clensing thrown in to please the fans.

Aren't I pessimistic? :p

Oh yeah, the Covenenant would so own the Jedi though!

Not at this rate of world progression. It'd more likely be "Terrorist wars". With a dose of ethnic clensing thrown in to please the fans.

Aren't I pessimistic? :p

Oh yeah, the Covenenant would so own the Jedi though!

Note that i said "some day"

id have to agree on the trandoshan projectile weapons being able to take out RC's shields in the game only for the pure sake of gameplay balancing. In RC: Hard Contact, it takes a Verpine shatter rifle to even crack the Mark 2 Katarn armor and by Triple Zero the commando's are in mark 3 armor, which according to the specs, can take up to light cannon fire, now if that isn't as hard as yor MJONLIR armor i don't know what is.

Personally i believe a RC would win, however i do admit the Spartans are pretty bad ass, however i agree with the statements earlier about shouldn't we be comapring spartans to ARC troopers instead? or more accurately i believe, Null-ARCs?

In answer to your real question four RCs could take a Spartan, all you need to do is flank. If they didn't flank however they would be screwed. Does SUPER-SOLDIER mean anything anymore? I remember a quote that pretty much implied that 100 stock clones equal four Commandoes, and four commando's equal one ARC. A Spartan could take on one RC, it seems like two hunters probably equal about one clone. Four? That might equal eight hunters. Good luck with that one.

Republic Commando is unrealistic. There seem to be a lot of corridors no matter where you go! Geonosis: Corridors

Kashyyk: Corridors

A ship: Corridors

Halo is unrealistic. WTF is up with the flood and the Covenant?

Anyway, since they are both fiction with no real-world data, it's apples and turnips.

I was meaning RC is more realistic than Halo a bit more and in sci fi sense.

But yes its very unrealistic in real world sense but we're talking SW and Halo world here not real world so tune out for a bit please.

I was meaning RC is more realistic than Halo a bit more and in sci fi sense.

But yes its very unrealistic in real world sense but we're talking SW and Halo world here not real world so tune out for a bit please.

That's what drugs are for. Tuning out. (I can't do things by halves!)

Anyway, RC more realistic? Anything that involves "fiction" in the genre classification should be taken with strong doses of Sodium Chloride.

I believe that in their unique universes, Spartans in Halo and RCs in Republic Commando are valid. In a well defined fiction, a character should fit into that world. Humans can be clones in Star Wars? Human cloning is grossly wrong at the mo, but there, it works.

Well thats what happens when you have to many friends that constantly go to star wars conventions for most of there lives... but what do I care, I'm just saying what I heard.

Hey, do you watch Red vs. Blue?

YOU GUYS REALY THINK THAT??? In my opinion I'd say the spartan would win he has the augmentations, armor (even without shields and comp it works because of recharging battery), better guns, stealth (read the fall of reach), and the plasma grenade can kill in 1 stick. so personally I'd pic the spartan.

p.s. and even 1 spartan v.s. 200,000,000,000,000 commandos would still win (read pro log in the fall of reach, and the first strike)

You are so naive (i dont even know what it means but context sounds right. one EC grenade takes out every electronic thing in the area. small stuff like a gun or grenade wont work at all afterwards. the armor probably has a way for the spartan to reboot it but it will take a moment and the weapons are NOT better. the guns are projectile weapons and not laser. you all think that the projectiles are more accurate and stronger than lasers. Actually lasers aremore accurate because they fire straight, while a projectile weapon fires straight and after it leaves the barrel, the bullet will rise and eventually sink. But in some ways you are right about the stonger part since a projectile will go through the target and do ripping damage to interanl organs because it doesnt fly straight and changes course (slightly but not noticebly) once it hits the body, while a laser shoots straight through. and the the commandos can also be equipped with stealth field generators.

PS: your p.s. is b.s.(b***s***)

Archived