Home

Led Zeppelin and The Clash sparks terror alert

Pie™

Clicky

THE CLASH and LED ZEPPELIN's music sparked a terror alert on an aeroplane, it has emerged.

Harraj Mann from Hartlepool was pulled off a London-bound flight at Durham Tees Valley Airport on March 30. He was questioned under the Terrorism Act after it's believed his choice of music made a taxi driver suspicious.

Mann was able to play his own music through the cab's stereo on the way to his flight, but it seems the driver did not approve.

"I played PROCUL HARUM's 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale' first, which the taxi man liked," Mann explained. "I figured he liked the classics, so I put on Led Zeppelin's 'Immigrant Song'. Then, since I was going to London, I played The Clash ('London Calling') and finished up with 'Nowhere Man' by THE BEATLES. He didn't like Led Zeppelin or The Clash, but I don't think there was any need to tell the police."

Durham Police then acted on "information received" but admitted "by the time it was established the man did not pose a security risk, the plane had taken off", The Mirror reports.

Genius!

(in a scary way!)

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the interrogation...

[edit] Anti terror legislation/hysteria is great! So far in the UK those that seem to have been arrested are: 150 ANti-war Protestors outside the labour party conference. A 65 year old guy for shouting "liar" at the prime minister. Two anti-nuclear-protest grannys outside an air base. A guy for standing outside Downing St and reading out a lit of those killed in Iraq. No one has been arrested for their music choices yet, but fingers crossed!

......Oh my goodness!?!?! The world has gone mad.

IS ANYTHING POLITICALLY CORRECT ANYMORE?!?!?!

Why don't we just get barcodes stamped to our foreheads, eliminate all forms of color other than black and white, and eat our meat before having our pudding.

Archived