Home

Lets talk about Nihilus [Spoilers]

DarthZayne

Like I said, I don't think it's a determinable/definable langauge as such, but more of an audible "voicing" of him communicating directly through the force itself, I think that's why (in his case) there are no subtitles for when he "speaks", as no direct interpretation (into a language form) is possible, because it is actually unintelligable - only force sensitives can understand him, and even then, they do not hear "words" exactly (or sentences for that matter) but interpret it more on a pyschic-like level. They "feel" it - his emotions, thoughts, desires, etc. - which makes sense because Kreia describes him (like his "hunger") as driven by instinct, a primitive urge personified/epitomised.

Sorry but i dont agree with you , cause the Exile at this time is a force sensitive . and its realy look a language , if you played kotor 1 the Guardian ( droid make by the builders of the star forge ) in the temple on Dantoin

Speak a language very similar as Nihilus. anyway its not a proof.

He look like to like humain if he only take Human's for slave. Maybe your right about him to be human . But no one yet have show true official proof.

its like Revan we dont know for sure where hes from , kreia said something about hes from far side of outer rim , something like this . and if you look at the game Mandalorian's realy look like human's ... but this wrong cause if you have read the books you see a mandalorian wiout mask/helmet , they are alien's realy look like "predator's"..

anyway i think this topic getting pointless, until we can get a hand on a comic book or a book who tlak about nihilus back story.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DarthZayne, that language that the guardian droid on Dantooine speaks is an ancient dialect of Selkath.

Plus, I got the picture of Kreia also referring to Nihilus as a man:

kreianihilus8zx.jpg

I'd call that pretty conclusive myself, unless something turns up to actually contradict it.

DarthZayne, that language that the guardian droid on Dantooine speaks is an ancient dialect of Selkath.

Plus, I got the picture of Kreia also referring to Nihilus as a man:

kreianihilus8zx.jpg

I'd call that pretty conclusive myself, unless something turns up to actually contradict it.

ok about the droid , nope the first language the droid talk was something different , then the second one is wookie , then selkat but the first one realy look like Nihilus language..

about kreia says hes a men , she also said it about Mandalore and no hes not a man .

cause no female term to talk about rodian,wookie,zabrak,mandalorian..

that doesent proof anything yet.

Droid language: oh, ok. I'll have to check that out again - it's been a while since I've played KotOR - I'll have to refresh my memory.

You say Mandalore's not a man though, but I was under the impression that the Mandalorians (though a seperate species) are more like a different race/culture/ethnicity, in that they are a sub-sect of, and originally stem from the human race originally. Kinda like how Han Solo is called a Correllian (because of belonging to the human settlement based on the planet Correllia) but is also referred to more broadly as a human.

Then again, I have heard some people deny altogether that the Mandalorians are a seperate species in any sense at all, and just say that they are united under a belief system. Anyone actually know for sure? LOL - Or is that another inconsistency/vague concept (like Nihilus) in the SW universe?

Nihilus speaks the same language as Atris's holocrons which are sith...So I pressume that Nihilus speaks ancient Sith but at a more slower rate then the holocrons did. I think he is a man even if he was born of the mandalore wars in essence he is still a man, or a shell of a man.

It seems to me that Nilhus and the exile are of the same making but went in the opposite derection of each other.

When the end came on Malachor V, the exile chose to cut him/herself off from the force to escape the pain/hunger he was enduring where as Nilhus embraced the pain in a different way. Instead of losing the force to escape the pain he used it to try and dull hid pain/hunger.

So in essence both were jedi who suufered on Malachor V and chose different ways of coping with it.

Well, Visas is not a "human" the species.

None the less, it means Nillie start out as a common mortal just like most anyone else, and most definitely a force sensitive, quite probably a jedi.

I don't think him being a human, or twi'lek or zabrak, or whatever matters to the story though, so don't dwell on it too much. (so did the male part, even if he is a gungan eunich before his change)

The idea is that, when placed under the same "incident" like M-V, the so-called survivors can become something like Nillie, instead of something like Exile, or maybe Zion??

i found something interesting

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor2wallpaper1024x7681mt.jpg

look hes arm look human to me . so maybe is human.

and i found something about nihilus power he only can feed force from Jedi's proof is when your fighting him , he want to feed you and then you say that no jedi here , its with only weeken you .

But he can still feed on them, Kriea say that Nihlius can kill all living thing with his power, it will maybe weaken him temperaly, but he can still do it.

if he can still feed why its dosent kill The exile then ? its making him realy week and i didnt suffer any stats atribute dmg.

yes he can "try" if you tell him (nihilus) the option i told you he did and then kneel its make him much more easier to kill.

Notice the Dev have make lots of error concerning the comic's books .

exemple mandalorian are not human.

and lots of story error about the sith war.

Naga Sadow ( golden age ) i wont enter into this.

But not Nihilus cant feed all living thing i thing he can only feed lightside ppl , maybe neutral but not darksider's . if he try he get very week.

its the game who tell this not me.

Cos the exile is a wound in the force. It's the Sith Lord equivilent of: "urgh. Bad Burrito!"

please.... i see the point your trying to make .

the exile is a wound in the force cause of the echoes is making in the force every action he make make huge echoes. this actions influence ppl is in contact.

try to be acurate please . ill try to find a save if still i have one before nihilus ill show you the screenshots.

You people are dwelling too much on a thing you've already acertained - Nihilus was a human male to a certain point in his life when he became something more (or less, if you want to look at it that way). The real question is WHO is Darth Nihilus, or if you will - WHO WAS DARTH NIHILUS before he became Darth Nihilus?

You people are dwelling too much on a thing you've already acertained - Nihilus was a human male to a certain point in his life when he became something more (or less, if you want to look at it that way). The real question is WHO is Darth Nihilus, or if you will - WHO WAS DARTH NIHILUS before he became Darth Nihilus?

Your right ... that why i made that tread to learn more about him , anything , information you guys can get your welcome to show them .

Official information please.

or if you make theory then come with strong proof of what your saying and no wer not dueling .

Bah not me , iam open to everything , i jsut want to understand him more (nihilus) .

But who nihilus was , i dont realy think we will ever know . maybe if they make a comic's about him . :D

^^^^^^

I thought he was a fallen jedi or soldier from the Mandalorian Wars trained by Kreia at the Trayus Academy.

yeah nice idea's , but maybe he hes a mandalorian's (human form) .

Cause they said that ship was at Malachor V , i realy dont think he was a fallen jedi i dont think was with the republic , but who know ,maybe hes another fallen jedi .

About hes trained by Kreia we cant prove it . with solid proof . He can be a teacher to if you notice how many jedi's and sith trooper nihilus have in hes command. and also dont forget visas whos more hes slave than her teacher.

Sion have many sith assasin's in hes command.

But you have some good idea.

the exile is a wound in the force cause of the echoes is making in the force every action he make make huge echoes. this actions influence ppl is in contact.

The exile is a "void" in the force. When Nihilus tries to leech him, it's like opening a soda can and taking a sip, only it's filled with sand. Nihilus is weakened be this and the exile kills him.

And the character Mandalore is not an alien: he's a man.

Because Mandalore is Canderous from KotOR 1

Also, when Kreia and Visas refer to Nihilus as a "beast", they aren't being literal. "Beast" is a metaphor for a very powerful individual.

As for his language, the only reason he doesn't use subtitles is because the character probably isn't meant to understand it. It isn't like the Exile knows every language in the galaxy: the one Nihilus speaks is most likely some ancient variation of the Sith language (like the ones spoken by the holocrons). If I go to Germany and not understand anything anyone says, it doesn't make them nonhuman. That, and Kreia refers to him as being a man multiple times.

As to where he first came from, there really isn't any info. We know he originated at the Trayus Academy along with Sion, but where he was before then is a mystery.

About hes trained by Kreia we cant prove it . with solid proof . He can be a teacher to if you notice how many jedi's and sith trooper nihilus have in hes command. and also dont forget visas whos more hes slave than her teacher.

That's true. It's likely that he studied under her for a time, just because he was present when she was cast down, but we can't solidly proove either way if he was a definite apprentice of hers.

Skye ????...

please read post i did before , i said my self that Nihilus was human if you take time to look the screenshot i post you saw hes Hand (human hand , or Mandalorian human form)

(iam not talking about ordo , the mandalore before him wasnt human)

Cause btw mandalorian are not human i have prove it whith the screenshot's .

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mandalorian3yz.jpg

and about

The exile is a "void" in the force. When Nihilus tries to leech him, it's like opening a soda can and taking a sip, only it's filled with sand. Nihilus is weakened be this and the exile kills him.

hum, ok what ever , i realy dont think the game lie . iam not going to argue with you anymore lol.

What if i bring the ingame screenshot , you will make another False theory ? why ? cause you cant admit that Nihilus cant kill darksider's with hes feeding ability ?? .

He cant end of story. proof ? kotor 2 TSL .

(iam not talking about ordo , the mandalore before him wasnt human)

I thought you were refering to the current Mandalore. Sorry for the mix up.

hum, ok what ever , i realy dont think the game lie . iam not going to argue with you anymore lol.

What if i bring the ingame screenshot , you will make another False theory ? why ? cause you cant admit that Nihilus cant kill darksider's with hes feeding ability ?? .

He cant end of story. proof ? kotor 2 TSL .

:eyeraise: Huh? That tangent doesn't make a shread of sense. Please, by all means, "bring the ingame screenshot", because attempting to decode your incessant drivel is giving me a migraine.

Archived