Home

Lets talk about Nihilus [Spoilers]

DarthZayne

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the other have said, Nihlius can't feed on the Exile, ds or ls, because he is a hole in the force. That is ingame. It dosent't matter if you ds or ls, it's still the force, and is that he is destroying. Like Kreia with the Jedi masters.

Like the other have said, Nihlius can't feed on the Exile, ds or ls, because he is a hole in the force. That is ingame. It dosent't matter if you ds or ls, it's still the force, and is that he is destroying. Like Kreia with the Jedi masters.

Thank you. Much better than my Bad Burrito explaination.

i realy dont think he was a fallen jedi i dont think was with the republic

Why not? The word "fallen" would tend to indicate that he turned, and it would also him gaining so much power so quickly if he was already trained as a Jedi.

He also look to have a power to Banish someone from the force , like Nomi Sunrider did to Ulic Qel-Droma.

I don't remember that in the game. Is it cut content? If not, can you post a screenshot telling us that he can do that?

hes ruthless , he have slave's and a strange way to corrupt hes enemy..

It's not that uncommon, back then every other guy invented a way to corrupt people.:xp:

he want to face the exile but why ???

He wants to kill the Jedi, and the Exile is the 'last jedi'.

have he been trained by kreia , i dont think so.

Maybe not at first, but he, along with Sion, was Kreia's student until he and Sion fought her.

I don't remember that in the game. Is it cut content? If not, can you post a screenshot telling us that he can do that?

The cutscene is "kriea fall" when nihilus force push kriea , right after she try to regain her light saber and she cant. She also says that "some force tecnique that is no defence againts."

It's not that uncommon, back then every other guy invented a way to corrupt people.:xp:

i was talking about hes slave in hes bridge area. Who look like more zombie than something els.

The cutscene is "kriea fall" when nihilus force push kriea , right after she try to regain her light saber and she cant. She also says that "some force tecnique that is no defence againts."

Oh, I thought you meant something else when you said 'banished', instead of cut off from the force.

i was talking about hes slave in hes bridge area. Who look like more zombie than something els.

It was a joke. ;)

In any conflict of information between the comic books and the game, I'll take the game. No particular reason.

When you use 1st person with either Visas or Kriea, you can still tell the difference between the species.

The Mandalorians, like the Sith, while once most likely species specific, has become more a belief umbrella. It says this ingame at least once.

I'd tend to think of Nihilous' attempt to feed on Exile more along the lines of a diver running out of air finding a scuba tank, grabbing hold and taking a deep breath only to find the tank empty. Actually, this scene does more to lead me to believe the Exile really is a hole in the force than anything else in game. I actually like the bad burrito analogy much better because it allows me to cling to my faint hope that the Exile is still connected, but with a strange new type of connection that the old practitioners can't recognize (or, in Nihilous' case, metabolize)

There is nothing in game (that I can find) that ascribes a Nihilous type hunger to the Exile.

There were far more ships at the final battle of Malachor V than just Mandalorian vessels. You find 4 buried republic vessels just wandering around, f'cryinoutloud!

Although the language Nihilous speaks is quite obviously the sith of the old holocrons, there are several comments in the game that lead me strongly to believe that Nihilous, far from being a teacher or master, has become a mostly mindless force of pure hunger. Visas tells you while on the Ravager that he probably doesn't even know you're onboard because you aren't a large enough morsel to catch his attention. This seems to indicate that the minions have been bound by some method other than a student/master relationship, although the writers don't explain what that might be.

Frankly, the whole Nihilous arc fails to make any comprehensive sense to me. There are contradictions in actions/motives/methods that just can't easily be made to co-exist.

Frankly, the whole Nihilous arc fails to make any comprehensive sense to me. There are contradictions in actions/motives/methods that just can't easily be made to co-exist.

Can you give some examples? I'm curious what you found contradictory (from an informational standpoint, not an argumentative one ;) ).

I actually like the bad burrito analogy much better because it allows me to cling to my faint hope that the Exile is still connected, but with a strange new type of connection that the old practitioners can't recognize (or, in Nihilous' case, metabolize)

Want to hear an interesting theory I read somewhere? Bear with me this deals with midi clorians (or whatever those things are called).

The Exile is severed/cut/deafened whatever you want to call it, from the Force, however she can still use it because she can "hear" the Force (midi clorians) in others (Atton, Kreia, Bao etc.). Kreia says when you escape Peragus: "Perhaps you can hear the Force again... distantly, through me." :)

Can you give some examples? I'm curious what you found contradictory (from an informational standpoint, not an argumentative one ;) ).

In no particular order:

He can scour a planet clear of ALL life, nothing left but barren rock, but then chokes on an obviously living exile because of a mild force deficiency. Both Kriea and Visas tell you that Nihilous can consume life, although it isn't as sustaining as sucking on force sensitives.

He is supposed to be this great walking hunger that doesn't notice anything smaller than, say Citidel station, and doesn't even recognize THAT as anything more than "food". And yet, he grants an audience to Tobin, and preserves Visas.

He is, presumably behind the rebellion on Onderon. Why bother? What does he care? G0-T0 tells us that Onderon's leaving the republic will be detrimental to said republic, but why should Nihilous care so long as it's tasty? The Republic isn't supposed to mean anything to him at all beyond a feeding ground.

The Ravager is supposedly not space-worthy except by Nihilous' will keeping minimal life support going. So why, after he's dead, doesn't the atmosphere escape out the great rents in the hull? You should need a space suit to get back to your shuttle.

If he could suck the life out of Kataar before the Jedi knew what was happening, it argues an ability viable over a distance; so why does he need to invade Citadel station? Why send landing craft at all? Why not just swoop by in the old "drop top" Ravager, deploy a metaphysical straw in the general direction of Telos and suck?

For that matter, why wait until somebody comes along and says, "hey, I know of this snack bar where jedi are the special of the day". If he can feel the force with sufficent finesse to detect the Exile by his/her echo, why can't he feel the jedi who aren't likewise wounded? And if Nar Shadda (for instance) is so rife with the force that it can shield a jedi's essence, why wouldn't it be sufficiently rife with the force to attract Nihilous like a giant neon "all you can eat buffet" sign?

Just for instance......

Nihilus doesn't want the station. Tobin tells him that the Jedi are on Telos. Telos is not Citadel Station... he invades the station because otherwise they would attack him. Atris is the only one on Telos, and his hunger sucks him in. Kreia knew that would happen.

And the Ravager does have a containment shield, Nihilus didn't keep the atmosphere in.

And the Jedi on Katarr knew what was happening. Visas said that they knew, but couldn't do anything about it...

• 5 months later...
Hmmm he could be a force unknown to anyone. I mean if he feeds off the force and can destroy whole worlds through it, he can't be anything we can imagine. He maybe the force himself, although a more corrupt version of it. Or possibly a sith that died but has come back in that form.

I don't know really, if i was the exile i would have a sneak peak at him under his mask to make sure :p

Kreia says he is no longer a man, he is a hunger that grows with time. He seeks to destroy all life in the universe to create dead silence in the force, and in that silence, order. Kreia also says he is already dead, he just hasn't fallen yet, and he intends to take as many with him as he can into death. I don't think Kreia trained Nihilus, but she did train Revan while she was a Jedi, and was banished from the Jedi Order for training him in such a way as to allow him/her to fall to the dark side and become a Sith Lord. Kreia did train Darth Scion (the fall of Kreia cutscene and the cutscene on the harbinger when he's trying to see Kreia he mentions that she was his master). Theres not much about Nihilus, and I'm skeptical that he's dead. There was no body, he simply vanished into a puff of red smoke. I think it is intended that his character be developed more in the next sequel, and perhaps he will return stronger than he was this time. My thinking is that Nihilus was caught off guard by the Exiles personal strength and resolve, force aside, he realized he may not survive the confrontation with the Exile, and he used some crazy force trick to make a quick exit before he was killed. I'd bet he returns to some degree in the third KOTOR game or maybe later, as will Revan. We can only hope :o)

Archived