Home

Grim Fandango RPG

DeadYorick

Well since i got into forum RPGS latley and i went back into my game box and found grim fandango I thought of grim fandago rpg

Anyway story

It is the land of the dead, the eighth underworld. Here people are trying to get to the land of eternal rest (9th underworld). But not many can go on the #9 train. So many try the four year journey of the soul or many stay in the eighth underworld indefinetly.

You choose a name for your character, style, favorite item, work, starting point and anything else

Character name:

Style (clothes):

Item:

Work (DoD, max's cat track, LSA or anything else):

Starting point (El marow, rubacava, puerto zapato or anywere else.)

Here is mine

Character name: Cain Ritham

Style (clothes): Black Suit

Item: scythe

Work (DoD, max's cat track, LSA or anything else): DOD

Starting point (El marow, rubacava, puerto zapato or anywere else.) El marow

Also I almost forgot but everybody needs a type of clothing that can use items like in Grim Fandango

El Marrow:

Myself

Rubacava:

fibbo

shuz

Pureto zapato:

Okay your in. Also this rpg takes place on the day of the dead. Then after that I will tell what happens to that character afterward and then ONE YEAR LATER happens. Eventualy every character will have to meet in the same place. The day of the dead will last from one to two months. Also this takes place one year after grim fandango, a new enemy has arisen to take hectors place. But is slowly trying to build his empire. All though the entire land of the dead is still bustling about the manny calevera story and the Calevera Cafe is re-opened and is bigger then the cat track. But everything else is the same and Lupe still works there. But calevera cafe still doesnt have slot machines

• 3 weeks later...
Guest clarky_no_5

Can I be in?

Character name: Jacob Liscombe

Style (clothes): Striped ragged wooly jumper, torn jeans

Item: Pack of cards

Work (DoD, max's cat track, LSA or anything else): Max's cat track (doesn't actually work there but hangs around a cons the clientele with card tricks, pickpocketing, and various other scams

Starting point (El marow, rubacava, puerto zapato or anywere else.)Rubacava

My character is a very sneaky indicidual who plays tricks and steals money rather than earns it. Is quite happy living his corrupt life in the 8th underworld, but is perhaps encouraged by others (as his skills may be something of an asset) to journey to the ninth underworld and find a final resting place?

Okay we can start

Cain hung his cloak on the door. He had just gotten back from the day of the dead festival. Then he got a messege from his tube.

TO ALL AGENTS FROM OFFICE MANAGER JHON NIAGI

All right i have to inform you all that there is a shoot out in the land of the living. There are hundreds involved. So youd better get there in time or there will be hell to pay

I threw the memo away. I needed to get to my driver and he would take me to the shoot out. So i went to the basement. My driver was listed. But for some reason it said: FIRED.

Oh no how was I to get to the shoot out now that my driver was fired

Guest clarky_no_5

Jacob shuffled the cards with a satisfied grin on his face.

"Nice doing business with you sir", said Jacob mockingly to the suit he had challenged to a game of Pontoon earlier. Max's cat track was full of clientele like this guy. What was a small wager when you had money to burn?

Jacob on the other hand, didn't have money to burn. Cash was always hard to come across in Rubacava. What was once a quaint little port town was now a hot spot for gamblers and souls with more interest in living the high life than making the 4 year pilgrimage to the ninth underworld. Jacob despised them for it. His threadbare jumper and ripped jeans barely covered his bones, but he couldn't afford any new clothes, let alone the ferry journey to Puerto Zapato where he could continue his travels. He made it his mission to con every big wig that wandered through the halls of the cat track, slowly earning the right to board the ferry and cross to Puerto Zapato, but he would never take money from someone that couldn't afford it, who was he to rob the poor?

As Jacob laid his eyes on a large woman with a diamond ring almost as big as the hat she was wearing, a Reaper came tearing past, exiting the building as if his cloak was on fire. He was closely followed by a further two Reapers (DoD officials often travelled to Rubacava on their weekends off to enjoy a bit of gambling), but as the third one approaced, Jacob stepped into his path.

The reaper stopped just short of the frail skeleton in front of him.

"Move kid, this is important!" screamed the Reaper.

"What the hell is going on?" asked Jacob in such a forceful tone that even the Reaper flinched.

"Some shoot-out in the Land of the Living apparently, now get out of my way before I knock that bulbous head off of your twig of a neck!"

Jacob happily stepped aside, not needing another reason to send the Reaper on his way; Reapers were a frightening bunch when they got on their high horses, he had learnt that lesson the hard way, and his hands still bore the scars to prove it.

Thinking about it carefully, Jacob decided that while the shoot-out itself was a waste of time for a conman such as himself, the potential gathering of so many DoD bosses was an opportunity not to be missed, and if John Niagi was there, making a mint would be all too easy...

Jacob knocked over a waiter as he left at full tilt. When the waiter lost sight of him, a passer by was said to exclaim:

"I saw him running towards the car park and jump in the back of one of those big black cars the Reapers use..."

By the time the waiter arrived in the car park the DoD officials were long-gone, Jacob along with them...

Cain needed a car to take him to limbo so he decided to go to the garage. The worker demon was there and he asked if he could drive. But the demon said ever since the last demon drove away he wasnt created to drive only to wrench cars. So I asked him if there was an alternitive. He said since he could wrench things he custom made me a car. Afterwards he made me a black jeep that looked like a skull so i drove to limbo in it. The car was so easy to drive even a child could do it. Since the best travel package i could afford was a car i decided to call it the apocolipes. So after driving at breakneck speed i finnaly stopped at the bridge in the land of the living. But my arch selling rivel was already there. His name was Tommy Jhonson. He made double the premium sales i made. Witch was saying something. He took the holyest person there and ran. But i took the last guy left. So i drove him back to my office

I realised the only package he qualifed for was by ship so he took the next bus to rubacava. But I didnt care I wanted to talk to my boss now. I had a question to ask him. But when i was cleared by the secritary someone was in his office and was searching it. I yelled WHO ARE U. But he took Niagi's sproutilla gun out of the drawer and pointed it at me. I took my scythe and asked him again

• 3 years later...

Archived