Home

PROBLEM WITH HIGH VIDEO SETTINGS

Bitstream

Hi all, hope someone can help, I have recently purchased EAW and my system auto detects minimum video settings. If I manually overide these to high the game play is very very slow, (even the rolling titles at the beginning of the gameare jerky.)

My spec. CPU: Pentium4

RAM: 1GB

VIDEO CARD: Nvidia 6200 LE

direct x 9.c

So far to remedy the problem I have down loaded the latest Nvidia drivers and have the latest EAW patch but still no change.

thanks, Bit.

ps. I am able to play the new call of duty with no problems and high video settings.

Contrary to FPS and other genre games, RTS demand much CPU power to calculate the pathfinding for units. What is your GHz?

The video settings that consum most of graphic card power is the AntiAlising. The rest too, but this one can really make some systems crawl if set to maximun.

While running the game make sure no other programs run in backround. Also, if the "crawling" insists, while still playing, see from the Task Manager (if you have windows) to see the Memory and CPU power that EaW consums.

Contrary to FPS and other genre games, RTS demand much CPU power to calculate the pathfinding for units. What is your GHz?

The video settings that consum most of graphic card power is the AntiAlising. The rest too, but this one can really make some systems crawl if set to maximun.

While running the game make sure no other programs run in backround. Also, if the "crawling" insists, while still playing, see from the Task Manager (if you have windows) to see the Memory and CPU power that EaW consums.

Thankyou for your reply Athanasios. My cpu is a 3.06 GHZ and I have disabled all other programs. When I use Taskmanager to see how much work the cpu is using it falls from 46% to 1% when I switch from the game. (That is with all settings on high.) How could I use the task manager while the game is still playing? Because the game seems to pause when I change to taskmanager which then results in the cpu not registering the amount of work it is doing.

Hmm... when was the last time you ran a disk check, disk cleanup or even defragmented your hard drive? The specs on my pc are almost identical to yours and I have had no issues aside of laggers in multiplayer with junky pcs and sucky fps rates that lag the whole game for everyone. Although, I do keep my video settings at minimum to reduce such problems. You may even want to consider doing a full system scan for viruses, spyware, or internet worms.

Dont look too far it is your video card. 6200 LE isn't powerfull enough to manage all high video settings this game can offer.

You need at least 6600 GT in Nvidia or X 800 in ATI to use maximum settings.

i have the exact same specs as bitstream and i am having the exact same issue. i have tried what he has i.e. installed latest nvidia drivers and its still choppy. any idea why this is as my system is a long higher than the minimum needed

You need at least 6600 GT in Nvidia or X 800 in ATI to use maximum settings.

I actually have a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon X300 that does fine at the highest settings. It's also a dual-core Pentium M 2.16GHz system, so it's likely the synergy of components that's affecting performance.

There's apparently a certain level of graphics management still handled by the main system with games of this type, otherwise my X300 by itself would be lagging noticeably.

Also, this machine has the faster PCI-E interface for the video adapter, so that could play a part as well.

Hi all, hope someone can help, I have recently purchased EAW and my system auto detects minimum video settings. If I manually overide these to high the game play is very very slow, (even the rolling titles at the beginning of the gameare jerky.)

My spec. CPU: Pentium4

RAM: 1GB

VIDEO CARD: Nvidia 6200 LE

direct x 9.c

So far to remedy the problem I have down loaded the latest Nvidia drivers and have the latest EAW patch but still no change.

thanks, Bit.

ps. I am able to play the new call of duty with no problems and high video settings.

What resolution are you playing at (i.e 1024x768, 1280x1024)?

Archived