Home

Report from the community summit!

HUGOMAND

More spin and bull from the masters of spin and bull

Instead of having a roadtrip they should be concentrating on fixing this game

But given the replies there doesnt seem to be much happening to it anytime soon,content wise.

Guest DarthMaulUK

My favourite

'collision system (including jumping, evading, and better LOS)'

Thats something they should have working when they introduced NGE. A friend of mine called me today asking ' what the hell has happened to Galaxies?' All I could say was 'stupid people who dont actually play the game, have re-written it'.

Another account closed lol

DMUK

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the collision system - the jumping right now is a joke! But I don't think it can be done so well... After all we must remember that galaxies was build as a RPG game, and what happens when you change a RPG game into a FPS game? Well, we all know now...

Guest DarthMaulUK

All i can say is.... yawn.

Revamp after revamp. - If they got things right in the first place, there would be no need for revamps. Besides, we've heard all this before and then along came NGE - out of the blue.

I still don't see any reason why i should come back to Galaxies, spend £9 a month waiting for these 'improvements'. It is a shame and I miss the old game so much, along with the community.

DMUK

All i can say is.... yawn.

Revamp after revamp. - If they got things right in the first place, there would be no need for revamps. Besides, we've heard all this before and then along came NGE - out of the blue.

I still don't see any reason why i should come back to Galaxies, spend £9 a month waiting for these 'improvements'. It is a shame and I miss the old game so much, along with the community.

DMUK

Couldnt agree more DM,what makes me laugh is all these "improvements" are mainly just fixes to the code,nothing more.

Sadly some people buy into the spin and think they're getting a great deal..its a shambles,just a shame a few hardy souls cant look further than its "star wars" and try other other games with an open mind and then they will see how poor SWG really is.

Oh my god! I just read something and I can't believe what I'm hearing! :D !!!

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=684340

I know this won't happen right away, but IT WILL! I have faith in NGE now, I believe it can be much better than the previous swg!

Whats so exciting?

The fact is,*if* any of this comes in most of it will have been stolen from WOW epic loots etc..hardly original.

And given the speed of the dev team its at least 9 months away at a bare minimum,thats a hell of a lot of cash to spend waiting for soemthing that may never arrive in the first place.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Actually, if anyone is going, can you please ask them,..

'Why on earth is the excellent starting tutorial so misleading? The tutorial makes you feel part of Star Wars but what once dumped on Tatooine, all the feeling goes. Why cant the rest of the game be like that?'

DMUK

Whats so exciting?

The fact is,*if* any of this comes in most of it will have been stolen from WOW epic loots etc..hardly original.

And given the speed of the dev team its at least 9 months away at a bare minimum,thats a hell of a lot of cash to spend waiting for soemthing that may never arrive in the first place.

New epic dungeons! (We never had those!), land control vehicles, quests all the way to lvl 90, profession costumization, collision detection, gunboats (finally!)

Thats what I'm mainly happy about.

New epic dungeons! (We never had those!), land control vehicles, quests all the way to lvl 90, profession costumization, collision detection, gunboats (finally!)

Thats what I'm mainly happy about.

They've had epic dungeins in wow from the off tbh,i only saw quests till lvl 64 i think it was and collision detection a "game feature"??? do me a favour

You can't deny that this is new content though... They have epic dungeons in many MMORPG's, and yes, collision detection should have been there from the start, but atleast they're doing something about it now, and thats what I'm happy about.

NGE has been such a disaster. Why did they put such a disaster live? Surely they could see the bugs for themselves, it is ridiculous. To be honest, I quite enjoy playing the game even now, but I'm sick of this.

Lets be honest, it will take atleast a year to get the game back to the level it was pre-NGE and another few months to improve it further. The game is so buggy. I was really happy that they brought XP back, but I'd also like group XP. Soloing is so boring.

I'm not buying in to anyof thios, not until I see these updates go live. We've had countless promises from SOE, most of which just fade away.

Basically what the Austin notes told me... "You choose wisely to cancel your account."

I considered checking back in 9 months, but after reading all that I'm thinking of a full year. There is just too much re-writing, revamping and re-introducing old game mechanics that SWG just is not worth spending $15 per month on.

Sorry Dev's the ideas are good, but until I see them in game and actually working... not "Working as Intended", then I may consider resubscribing. Until then I'll be enjoying my time in WoW.

I am just disgusted with SOE. They say this, they say that and what do they do with all the words they've said? Nothing good at all! The only way SOE will ever get its dignity back now is by backing up what they say and coming through for once. Sadly this isn't going to ever happen and SWG will be regarded as a failed mmo. Arg! Its frustrating to see the horrible changes that the game has gone through and SOE hasn't even listened to its player base, once.

The ONLY thing that keeps this game alive now is the community. Without that single aspect, this game would have collapsed after the NGE and maybe even after the CU went live a year ago. Its the only reason I have to still log on every once and a while.

heh i'll wait for the rest of the quests go finish going to level 90. i hit 52 then xp just starts to crawl into a repetition. I'm back on starsider as Kioet' Csuhen, my level 80. lmao.

my 1gig memory is supposed to arrive tomorrow, if the servers are up by the time it gets here, i'll see how it goes...

broadband available in my area by late summer 2006.

Archived