Home

EaW losing the thrill?

Jmaster3265

EaW getting boring?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. EaW getting boring?

• Yes, i am starting to get bored of it. (Don't play it much)
    • 50/50 (Its ok not good but it is not boring yet)
    • No, I still enjoy EaW not bored of it yet.

Hello everyone,

This is just a poll i put together asking everyone what they think of EaW now that they have owned it for a few months. Are you starting to get bored of it? Is it not as fun anymore? Are you not playing it as much? Or the opposite?I hope to hear your thoughts!

p.s How come i can edit this post but not the poll? Mods help? I'm not sure if i made it able for every1 to vote once or more. I want them to only be able to vote on only one choice not all 3 or 2. Also i want this poll to last a while.

I also voted for 50/50. I just think it could have been much more better. I'm glad I bought it (it's a pretty nice game), but lets just say that if I could play either EaW or Rebellion right now, I would go for Rebellion.

But then, my DVD drive has been permanently occupied by the Oblivion DVD for the last two weeks...

I just got the game today! so no I am not bored, I think it is great. I hope when I have owned it for a few months I won't get bored with it. But I think with all the great mods people are doing, I'll have plenty to do with it :)

I'm getting bored of it.

There are hardly any options.

There are hardly any strategies to create (Believe me I tried, only a few decent ones can work) EVERY game plays and looks the same, everytime. Just little depth to the game.

Maps are just unbelieveably small and cluttered with such junk making big fleets nigh on impossible. No editor to create your own yet.

Those with high end comps have been penalised because of the very small pop cap. No options to higher or lower this.

Only one game mode in skirmish. Deathmatch, thats it. With such a simple and basic game, you would have though a few more modes of play would have been a good idea. (Hold the territory style modes would have been amazing in this game)

Sort the god damn buddy list thing out before I rip it out of it's damn programming and bury the fookin thing (sorry for swearing but I really detest the buddy thing) Someone messages you and thats it. You HAVE to answer it, you have no choice to do anything else when someone is pm'ing you. You could be halfway through typing something to someone in the lobby and ping, 'you have message or w/e' LOCKING the entire game/lobby/whatever until you say 'yes i will answer' or 'no I won't answer'. Sort it out. Then theres the lobby chat, the ignore feature is great - can't fault that but can you please make it like HomeWorld 2 where you can tab out of a hosted room and see whats going on in the lobby. Can you also PLEASE make group whisper for the buddy list otherwise the entire buddy list is just useless.

The ever-continuing connection problems/Lag/Bad AI/ etc etc........ No, I'm just not gonna get started here....

...................I can rant on about the many more annoying things that just shouldn't be present in a game thats this simple and THAT's the problem isn't it. The very fact these bugs/annoyances are here for me to rant about. The only reason I'm sticking around with this game is there is nothing else of interest out there and Petro seem to be working hard to resolve this (Hopefully) So If Petro read this, Sorry for my anger but if you think I'm angry stay a little longer in the lobbies.

I have not been bored with it, although I took a break to begin making an RPG. I am still making a mod for the game, on my own! I do see a way to do more with the game as the mod is comming with the space forces. I have even seen the AI distincly use the new ships that I made!

I've played both campaigns through on medium, one GC for each side on medium, and am working on an Imperial GC on hard. Of course I will be trying the Rebels on hard next...so no, this game has kept me very well entertained. I look at it like a chess game...maybe it's not as flashy as it could be and I can't tell every single unit exactly what I want it to do and when, but I get a lot out of the strategy involved in moving all the pieces around.

Those with high end comps have been penalised because of the very small pop cap. No options to higher or lower this.

You know, the unit caps are there for gameplay reasons, not performance reasons.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Im not bored. Just VERY frustrated at times not knowing if some things are actual in game issues or me just being stupid.

Example. Today, as the Empire - it seemed that none of my ships could cause any damage. Yes I am aware of shields etc and targeting them.

Firstly, it took four attempts to destroy Home 1 with the Hyper gun (when i was rebels the other day, it took 2) and it took FIVE VSDs a good 1 minute to destroy a ship with just 3% left on its lasers!

Its very weird and annoying at the same time.

DMUK

Games lose their appeal over time. E@W has been out for almost two months, it is natural to see the fun go away. It happens with most games these days. Except for a few of course.

I have to agree with that, though EaW still is pretty fun to play it is starting to get repetitive. With the lack of maps the battles seem to be all the same. It needs to be more advanced in my opinion. It needs more features and tactics.

One of the problem is that EaW differs from traditional RTSs. Back in SWGB, we could make some really nice RPG-like campaigns with cool features. This would not work in EaW.

You know, the unit caps are there for gameplay reasons, not performance reasons.

I don't know what are these "gameplay reasons" are, but I really think that Petro did a mistake here. The game's main problem is the size. Everything is so SMALL. Rebellion might not let me use fancy attacks or target specific systems, but at least I can make fleets than actually look scary. And it has diplomacy and special missions! (I know, I know, I'm beating the dead horse).

I'm looking foward to a few mods myself (the one that adds prequel stuff in particular). But other than that, the game lost much of it's appeal. The more I think about it, I wonder if I would have enjoyed BFME2 more. It's more conventional, but at least I could have had some fun online. But then, I had already decided that I would boycott it, and I bought EaW mostly as a time killer before TES IV anyway.

It's sad to say, but I think we'll have to wait for a StarCraft II before we see another really good RTS. Then perhaps a talented individual could make a Star Wars mod out of this.

Yeah, but StarCraft Gameplay wouldn't fit StarWars very well (if it follows the path of the first one).

I agree though, Blizzard better start working on it. They'll make more money with StarCraft 2 then with World of WarCraft (yes, I dare make that claim, StarCraft being the most popular RTS in history).

On the pc EAW is a good strategy game, if it came out on consoles it would be an excellent strategy game.

Its pretty easy to get to grips with and would suit console players more than it would pc. gamers.

Most of the complaints i've seen is that the game is a bit lite when it comes to strategy and why not pc gamers prefer to get their teeth into something with a bit more in depth, we have the best rts games (long list) and the best strategy games (rome:tw) with the best ai out there (civIV/gal civ2)

This is another reason why we have not seen starcraft2 yet, its a very hard game to make, if blizzard copy the first game and just add flashy graphics they'll get accused of just lacking originality if they don't and attempt new ideas they risk making a crap game.

What they need for starcraft 2 is a small miracle of genius with a bit of luck thrown in.

Sadly though none of this can be taught or bought though.

What they need for starcraft 2 is a small miracle of genius with a bit of luck thrown in.

But StarCraft was never original, nor is any of the Blizzard games truly revolutionary in any sense. Blizzard takes what exists and does it better then the others. That's their strength.

Of course, elitists will complain about its lack of x y z, but the game will have its own charm combined with an immersive universe and a great story. That's what they're good at and that's what they usually capitalize upon.

well, i've already moved on to other games like Galactic Civilizations and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. once the SDK comes out, though, i'll more than likely get involved into modding aspects and what not. especially since i'm very much looking forward to adding/changing certain things.

until then, i'll probably be on either of the two games mentioned above (whenever i'm not in my studies, at least. hehe...)

I don't think that E@W is so different then other games and to this regard, is any really long lasting anymore? The games that have a good lasting appeal can be counted on my fingers (I have ten mind you).

I think that it's simply the trend or how games are made in our day and age. They're made so that they last 1 month, 2 months at most and then people move on. That's how most of the time it is now.

So saying or complaining that E@W is losing its thrill over a short period of time should become games, in general, are losing their thrill over a short period of time.

Archived