Home

Mod Request: Allow NPCs to use High Level Force Powers Mod

Mr Maniac

Specifically, I want my party members to use the powers if necessary, but it would also be cool if a Sith Assassin or Dark Jedi were to Chain Lightning me unexpectedly. This is one of the main problems I had with the mod. Only I could use the powers!

So, could this be done?

Seeing this is a question about a mod you should have posted in the mod's release thread in T.U.C.E. or PMed the mod maker (in this case -stoffe- mkb ) rather then making a new thread about this idea.

On to your idea. It could probably be done. Though it would have to be done via scripting as to many of the "evil" characters use the same uti files and are just changed by what ever the area module tells them to be like.

Specifically, I want my party members to use the powers if necessary, but it would also be cool if a Sith Assassin or Dark Jedi were to Chain Lightning me unexpectedly. This is one of the main problems I had with the mod. Only I could use the powers!

So, could this be done?

The Modified Creature AI linked to in my signature is tweaked to do this (more or less). However, as it currently stands you must know how to recompile scripts to use it, since you need to update an include file with the proper line numbers from spells.2da for the force powers in HLFP.

I was working on making an installer that would do all this automatically, but TES4:Oblivion kind of got in the way so I don't know how long until that will be finished. :)

Anyway, properly configured the Modified AI will make your party members use most of the HL force powers they have learned. It can also, optionally, grant a set of High Level force powers to the major force using bosses in the game (The Sith Lords, Atris, the Jedi Masters) for them to use when you fight them, if you enable it in the include file mentioned above.

Hm, strange. I could have sworn I had that mod installed. I will take a look again and see what I can do. Thx for the input.

Even if you have it installed, the use of the HL force powers is disabled by default in the Modified AI, since configuration is required for it to work. You'll need to set the line numbers in spells.2da manually for now before enabling it (or the AI won't know where to find the force powers) in the st_inc_powers.nss include file and then recompile all scripts listed in the compileall.bat batch file.

I've made an installer that should do this automatically, but I've only had time to test it on a very limited scale so far. My webspace provider seems to be experiencing some problems that prevent me from accessing my web files, so I am currently unable to upload it at any rate.

Ok, thanks. I remember how I did it. I just think that when I cleaned out my override folder and reinstalled all of my mods, the spells.2da file got rearranged and therefore the mod did not work. I just fixed the problem, so it should work now.

Archived