Home

Hello From The Woods!

Nitro

Guest Zoom Rabbit

When I'm lost in the woods, I simply befriend the chipmunk people, who lead me to the pixie kingdom where I wine and feast with the pixie king until I emerge days later...fattened, drunk and still lost.

You know what? Next time I go in the woods, I'm bringing a revolver for the pixie king! biggrin.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I ever ended up in the woods I'd . . . not be stupid enough to end up stranded in the woods, actually. rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, I'd probably do okay; one of my patron spirits doubles as a wood-sprite, and the others would be helpful (Spirit of Wisdom/Knowledge, Protector, Trickster/Guide).

BTW, Zoomie, which "Pixie" king? There are several. (They consider "Pixie" to be derogatory, incidentally.)

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Which pixie king? Why, the rat-nosed little bugger in the fur coat who never trims his nails and peers at you with black little eyes...

Oh, wait! *Hic!* That's just a possum. Nevermind. smile.gif

Originally posted by Admiral:

go out into the woods during winter, find a hibernating bear and cuddle with it. (see what happens)

EWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEW

Well, I'm back... And I can't believe I survived...

But I'm a changed man... Part of the training is being given one canteen of water, a small knife, a stick of beef jerky, and a set of army issue combats, someone says, "Here's some stuff. Go live for 4 days.", and then you're taken, alone, into the woods, to build all your stuff... The solo.

The temperature went down to like 5 degrees Celcius at night, and was in the high 30's during the day (40 to 105 in Fahrenheit) You go a little nuts in there alone, too... I had to snare rabbits and squirrels for food, and make fire like Tom Hanks in Cast Away (Although the method we learned was slightly more efficient then his, but only slightly)... And you talk to yourself... A lot. I had conversations between the different accents I can do. My scottish accent would talk to my russian accent like they were people... I don't know where half the conversations came from... Like the one comment that I'll never forget... It was my 'typical american' accent talking to my russian one... They were talking about women, and the yank says, "So I says to Maybell, 'Maybell,' I says, 'That's not an ostrich... That's my leg.'"

What scared me is that the russian laughed.

So I made myself a 'Wilson'... She was a log that I carved a face into, made hair with curling slits, and named Terra, after one of my best friends back home, and talked to it like it was Terra.

All in all, very hard, but I can tell the losers on Survivor to kiss my ass.

------------------

nitrologo.gif

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

Guest Rogue 9

I Probably go to Air force Boot camp next Summer...then send us trough a 2 week survival course and then dump us in the woods for 3 days if I remember right...I wonder if they'll let me take a book.

[This message has been edited by Rogue 9 (edited August 03, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

*(Laughs at Rogue 9 for not getting the concept of boot camp.)*

I hunt deer with my sword. Now that's a test of...something. wink.gif

Nitro: were you tempted to set your wooden friend on fire?

Ironically, Zoomie, she started out as a feather-stick... It's a stick or log that you take your knife too to make little curls of wood (I'll post a scan later) that catch on fire a lot easier... The curls just really looked like hair to me at the time, so I carved a face into it, and named it Terra...

------------------

nitrologo.gif

We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York.

We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble.

-Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

Guest Rogue 9

yes but the enemy patrol wouldn't feel threatend by an insane downed pilot talking to a tree stump...then when they pick him up he can kill them all and steal there truck and run for the border...and yes Zoom I do get the concept of boot camp, I just get bored real fast with nothing to do...course in the woods I suppose the 5 hours it takes me to start a fire will be good for passing time.

Archived