Home

Psychonauts in Spain

Hi everybody!

I'm new here but I usually post in the Grim Fandango forum.

As you know, Psychonauts has just appeared in Europe (one month ago). I think the game has been translated and dubbed to French and German (correct me if I'm wrong), but, incredibly, here in Spain is 100% English. Texts and voices in English. I don't have problems understanding English, but I can't believe they expect to sell a game which appears with one year of delay and with no translation.

I heard the game didn't sell too well in USA, and I'm sure it's going to happen the same in Spain. Too bad, because the game is fantastic.

Hi everybody!

I'm new here but I usually post in the Grim Fandango forum.

As you know, Psychonauts has just appeared in Europe (one month ago). I think the game has been translated and dubbed to French and German (correct me if I'm wrong), but, incredibly, here in Spain is 100% English. Texts and voices in English. I don't have problems understanding English, but I can't believe they expect to sell a game which appears with one year of delay and with no translation.

I heard the game didn't sell too well in USA, and I'm sure it's going to happen the same in Spain. Too bad, because the game is fantastic.

...truly, releasing it in Spain without a spanish translation is not a good idea.

I bet they actually advertise well over there too. Just for the irony.

Well, unfortunately I think the game has been a failure here. Right now is difficult to find it, and I don't think it's because they have run out of units... no marketing campaign, no translation... the failure is normal.

Well, unfortunately I think the game has been a failure here. Right now is difficult to find it, and I don't think it's because they have run out of units... no marketing campaign, no translation... the failure is normal.

Yeah, over here there was practically NO advertising either. There were a few TV spots on G4 but that was it.

Archived