Home

Is their anything the force can't do?

Maverick5770

But only for so long, if the link goes latent for too long it ceases to exist, at the very start of the THrawn trilogy Luke loses the ability to talk to Obi-Wan

forgive me if i'm wrong, but I made the interpretation that becoming one with the force wasn't very rare, and wouldn't have prompted Yoda to tell Obi that Qui had achieved immortality. There seems to be a distinct difference between the two.

well, yoda talks to anakin about death, and says that when anyone dies they become one with the force. becoming a spirit involves maintaining individuality after becoming one with the force.

as far as the obi-wan thing in the thrawn trilogy, i think that is pretty much overuled by rots. my best explanation is that its one of those "certain point of view" things. luke is having to create a new order of jedi knights that can survive where the old order failed, and thus the distance between them is too great for him to continue talking to him. if he didnt do that, luke would basically treat obi-wan, yoda, and anakin as the leaders of the new jedi, and nothing would change.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the funny thing.

Luke: Master Yoda, you can't die!

Yoda: Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong.

So he can't keep himself from dying with the Force, though he doesn't say it's impossible, only that he's not "strong" enough to do it.

Maybe the Force is omnipotent (we have no idea), but the control over it that even the most powerful can wield is limited.

• 2 weeks later...
I know that the force can do just about anything, but what can't it do? Another question I have is , can the force create flames, like it does lightning?

As of lately, I have been thinking about this same question. I never thought about it until I tried to write fan-fiction. Within my cognitions of what a Jedi/Sith can do, I am being pulled away from Star Wars because of how inhuman they are becoming. At the very beginning, I use to think that the Force will allow you to pull, push, crush, or lift things. Now, I think that there are way too many Force powers, and it is becoming a nonescence thing for a Jedi or Sith to breath without using them. If you are a KotOR series fan, you will have noticed the game has a Force Power for everything thinkable.

As I write fan-fiction for KotOR, I suffer from what should I keep human, and what should I not keep human. Otherwords, when should I have a Jedi use the Force, and when do I not have them use the Force. They really do rely on the Force for too many things. I found myself leaving the Jedi charaters out of the action, for their Force usage takes away from what is going on. They depend on the Force for every task you can think of, and it takes away from writting something similar to: - He walks over an picks up his lightsaber... If I were to write that line, someone would say, "Hey. Why didn't he just summons the Force, and pull his lightsaber to himself.". If you follow evolution, the Jedi should have no arms, leg, or hands, for they rely on the Force so much that it takes away from their normal functions.

I don't mean this in any offensive way, but the Jedi and Sith are coming very close to being a liberal version of the Greek Gods. During this past semester in literature class, I began to realize how illogical the Force has become.

Well, you can't "Force juggle" a Ysalamir lizard!!!

On the "Greek God" comment.

It seems like while the Force is technically able to do everything, the wielder's strengh and technique is to be considered.

As we know it, most Force wielders are specialized in certain aspacts of the force, rather than equally good at everything.

Yes, sure most Force wielders can throw a walnut around easily via various force techniques, but not everyone can toss around extremely large objects, like star destroyers.

Also, it seems like continuous use of the force do tire the wielder in some way, so even those ancient sithlords can't throw lightning contonuously for hours.

Canon or not aside, some darksider did remake Maul's body to have a duel with Vader.

Well Star Wars Tales are infinites unfortunately.

(YES someone help find a list of C-canons in Star Wars Tales series, I know a few of them are -c-cannon amongst the mostly infinites)

Archived