Home

Favourite LucasArts Game?

Pavlos

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably make a lot of people angry by saying this, but this thread says ''Favourite LUCAS ARTS game'', not ''Favourite Star Wars game'', or am I to understand that most of you never played anything made by Lucas Arts, besides Star Wars games?

I'll probably make a lot of people angry by saying this, but this thread says ''Favourite LUCAS ARTS game'', not ''Favourite Star Wars game'', or am I to understand that most of you never played anything made by Lucas Arts, besides Star Wars games?

You clearly don't know how to read, if you haven't noticed others how have listed other games. And also, most of us prefer the Star Wars game over the other ones.

now that is a loaded question. out of the games made since 2000, the clear choice is Kotor followed very closely by Kotor 2 with E@W rounding up the third spot.

the JK series was alright, but they all had a few too many nagging issues for me to like them very much.

as for pre-2000 games, definately Grim Fandango followed closely by TIE Fighter. :D

You clearly don't know how to read, if you haven't noticed others how have listed other games. And also, most of us prefer the Star Wars game over the other ones.

Let's not insult each other, there's no need for that. I HAVE noticed a few people name games other than Star Wars and that is why I posted what I posted, I just wanted to know if the majority that named SW games has played any non-SW game made by Lucas Arts.

There's nothing wrong with prefering SW games over the other ones, but it was strange for me to go through the posts and see mostly SW titles.

Here Here! I love that game. It introduced me to Star Wars and i loved the whole storyline, the graphics wern't bad for their time too which i think contributed to the fact that it was an awesome game.

Funny you should say that since my experience was quite the opposite, from what I remember. I loved that game despite thinking the graphics were horrible (even at the time when it was first released), thinking that even Dark Forces (1) looked better in some respects. In particular the character models, where the very polygonal 3D models in DF2:Jedi Knights looked worse than the sprite based characters in DF. It still ranks among one of my favourites though, since graphics aren't everything. :)

I haven't played a lot of LucasArts games though. I played the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis adventure game ages ago, which I remember was pretty fun though bordering on too difficult. I played another, rather weird but fun adventure gamed called Loom as well back then, but I can't remember if it was a LucasArts game.

More recently the KotOR games are probably my favourites so far.

EDIT: Seems Like Loom was a LucasArts game after all, according to this.

^In a Star Wars forum? That's like going into a desert expecting not to see sand, no offence. ;)

(Off-topic) Hallucination, I see you have a new avatar (note to self: duh), why did you change it? I just got used to the old one.

(On-topic) OK, SW forum aside, this is Ahto, the place where you talk about anything, that's why it was strange to see mostly SW titles, since Lucas Arts made quite a few great non-SW games.

(Off-topic) Hallucination, I see you have a new avatar (note to self: duh), why did you change it? I just got used to the old one.

I got bored of it. :)

(On-topic) OK, SW forum aside, this is Ahto, the place where you talk about anything, that's why it was strange to see mostly SW titles, since Lucas Arts made quite a few great non-SW games.

It's the off-topic forum in a set of Star Wars forums, so to me it makes it a Star Wars forum, since the majority of people here came to talk about a Star Wars game. :)

It's the off-topic forum in a set of Star Wars forums, so to me it makes it a Star Wars forum, since the majority of people here came to talk about a Star Wars game. :)

Well, we agree on that, but as for the best Lucas Arts game - we agree to disagree.

There's also Yoda's Swamp, Sliced Tauntaun, The Cantina, and Dexter Jettster's Diner also. But, still generally the SW games are better.

Well, that might be your impression, but I for one hate the fact that Lucas Arts is now making ONLY Star Wars games and that there will never be another Monkey Island, or Grim Fandango.

• 1 year later...

My favorite LA-Game and favorite Adventuregame ist Day of the Tentacle.

My first LA-Game was Dott (and MM) too.

I have all Adventures from LucasArts and SWKOTOR 1 and 2, SW Republic Commando and Indy 5 and 6.

I´m a Indyfan, but no Star Wars Fan. ;) But SWKOTOR 1 rules! :D

Archived