Home

Award Sniper Rifle

JawaJoey

I like the snipers. I play as those most of the time in outdoor maps like Endor and Kashyyyk. I've got the award rifle about twice and I find it the same as the normal rifle. The only difference is power increase, penetrating ability and a larger beam thats pink. I find nothing wrong with it.

Why is it that blaster based heros have the award weapons that just look different and have a different name. Boba's gun is the elite blaster rifle. Han's gun is a pistol that shoots like the elite blaster rifle. Jango has the precision pistol. Tusken Hunters have the elite sniper rifle. Leia has a pistol that fires like the elite sniper rifle.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come on, what do people have against snipers? they're not cowards dammit! They're the best shots eva!! i mean, i have great respect for those who charge in there and blast away, and when i'm the clones or in tight maps, i'm always trooper class coz all my soldiers get nailed by the GODDAMN DROIDEKA! But personally, i'm more for recon and intel gathering. I'm just that kind of guy. Oh yeah and plus, the sniper really should have recon droid rather than auto turret.

I like the snipers. I play as those most of the time in outdoor maps like Endor and Kashyyyk. I've got the award rifle about twice and I find it the same as the normal rifle. The only difference is power increase, penetrating ability and a larger beam thats pink. I find nothing wrong with it.

agree kashyyk is a great level for snipers why do people have problems with the snipers

Apparently, you guys aren't listening. It's the award sniper that's the problem, not the regular sniper. The award sniper is only good for body shots or up close shots. My favorite thing about using a sniper is to get head shots. And what's the point of using a sniper if your gonna fight close up? I love the regular sniper, but the award is just awful. I hardly consider it an award.

if u dont want to use the award sniper gun then dont switch weapons when u spawn as a sniper

u get to use a normal sniper gun instead

and snipers don't suck they are good for taking down turrets and other annoyances where you can hit the person from long range (imperial hover tank anyone?) if you dont like them don't play as them, simple. Personally i usually play as a normal soldier because with his rifle you can get from around 40 to 80 kills

For the last time: the reason it doesn't hit things is because LucasArts didn't calibrate the zoomed sight with the non-zoomed sight. It works fine out of zoom but the zoom is just redundant. It would be good if you just calibrate the zoom. That's all that needs to be done with it. Oooh and maybe give it the same ammo and fire rate of the regular sniper.

if you get you war hero (increased damage) to legendary, you don't need to do headshots. You can aim for the chest and it kills them in one, plus its a bigger, easier target to aim for. Unless its a wookiee or a heavy class soldier, then its two shots. That way, you can still get all your instant kills, but then you don't have to use the f***ed up award sniper rifle.

Rebel scum to eliminate, back in 5 :snip2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
... Anyway, to stay on topic, I hate how the Award Sniper can't get head shots. Kamino is a great place to snipe, and with all the enemies jumpin in turrets and their head is the only thing showing, I can't hit (that is, once I've gotten the award sniper)...

I too had this problem. Then I noticed this a few minutes ago.

I just put the 'Penetration Ability' to the test on Kamino. It would seem as though the Award Sniper Rifle rounds can penetrate a turret's protective plating. I guess that might be a small redeeming quality to consider.

However, that doesn't amount to much over extreme distances or when the turrets are uphill. I definitely wouldn't mind a patch that fixed the Award Sniper Rifle's accuracy.

I usually use the Beam Rifle as a close-up weapon, beacause of 2 Reasons.

1.The regular Sinper Rifle shoots Farther.

2.On the PS2 version gray fog appears in the backround after a certian distance for both sniper rifles.

Though I have not had much problems with the sight being un-calibrated, and I am not sure if you guys who use the computer version (or xbox version) have trouble with gray fog.

Have you been a bad boy, uh-(zhx? How exactly do you pronounce that? Zigix?) Did you resurrect this thread? Cause I remember it from six months ago. Oh well, it's a good one. No gray fog for me, just the fact that the scope is junk! They could take a hint from C&C: Renegade. And I sure hope you're wrong about the non-award sniper rifle shooting farther. What a mistake!

Think I'll trek over to the BFIII forums and see how THEIR rifles are... *flop flop flop*

sniper class does not mean n00b. thats a joke. and yes, the idea is to hide, kill, and re-hide, its important but its not like i kill a few people in one game cause all i'm doing is hiding. if you're a good enough sniper you find a very good spot, kill multiple people, and move when the troopers finally catch onto the fact that they're getting killed from elsewhere. in my experience sometimes its taken a while for people to realize, oh crap, thats a sniper rifle killing me, where the hell is she?

and yes, the award sniper rifle is a piece of junk. i really don't like using it and i've played sniper in many other shooter games and compared to the original and all the others, it sucks. like said before, the only way to use it is without being zoomed in. besides that, original and pistol.

and i've played trooper class and have enjoyed it but a n00b can play either just the same.

Hehe, I love to snipe, the sniper rifle I've ever found was the one in Battlefield 2 (not Battlefront) I knew a guy on Call of Duty who was awesome at sniping he's shoot you out in the open, he hid in a way that you'd see him and think it was rock and stuff, or think he was dead....but he's not, you are :lol:

Snipers are basically the brilliant minds for every faction, in a way, you know, finding some sneaky spot in the terrain. Normally you should never be able to find a sniper with, 1. Getting shot of course, or 2. Literally looking for one, but you'll probably be killed by other enemy units. Snipers might as well be the hardest enemy units to kill.

M@rs...i <3 battlefield 2!! haha. and which COD was it? another game i've been obsessed with, lol. but yeah, do you usually play sniper?

and i agree with gemini, the method of a sniper kind of makes them the hardest to actually kill.

It was CODUO, it's a great game, I usually play sniper and I use the BAR a lot, I'm number one on most games I play ;) I can even beat the guy runs the server on his own server :lol: he's usually embarrassed by that :D

Archived