Home

Some Lua details

Mike.nl

• 2 weeks later...

Using Mike's new cool LUA Tools I was able to make a first Enhanced_AI_RAID LUA Module!

I wanted more of a challenging RAID ability for the Rebels. Now for the first iteration the AI will use up to 6 units plus the normal heros and commandos, and have a faster retreat time. Hit and Run tactics really is almost human like and to be feared! :)

Later you can change what the AI considers for target priority and task force mix. It really does allow you change the AI behavior to be smarter!

I am (have to) re-install EAW and making sure it is fully functional under patch 1.4. Once released, modders should try out the LUA scripting to make changes to the AI behaviour for the better after seeing what a HUGE difference it can make.

The modified Lua will work in game. You can also add extra lines to it like C language. I was 'copy paste' command blocks to add extra stuff IE a Huge Rebel Invasion Fleet when it decides to "Crush.lua"...and it is awesome.

The RIAD_AI_BOOST works fine and is ready to go. I tesed it. Now fear a Rebel raid for sure! lol

Just to let you know, the patch 1.4 gives you the decompiled source LUA to use!

I am testing it to see if the game likes it if it is modified.

Really? Where? After I moved out the decompiled sources I created from luadec, and re-extracted the new meg files, the LUA files are still in the same luap format as before. Where did you find the source for them from 1.4?

I'm not sure if Slocket was correct by saying patch 1.4. It could be from the map editor as well.

Anyway, look in GameData\Mods\Source\Data\Scripts.

That directory structure doesn't exist with just the 1.4 update (specifically GameData/Mods), so it must be the map editor, which I haven't got around to yet. I'll go grab that next.

Thanks for the clarification Mike!

Map Editor = Mod Tools. Including a exporter for ALO format :p

Yeah, I knew that, I had let eaw dl and install the 1.4 update itself, so I didn't get the editor. I have it now, and all the scripts are in source form.

So much for needing a decompiler. I am still working on it, but work has been getting in the way (if only I worked for google...:-).

With mike's lup converter and the source, we should have everything needed to make changes to the ai now.

• 5 months later...

I am trying to decompile the new Forces of Corruption LUA with Mike's tools. Been awhile and his site for instructions is gone.

I think it is the same as EAW. Now where did I place his LuaDec 0.6 program. Any else have a copy?

EDIT: Found the files, just have to look at the URL home. The download section was moved.

http://alpha1.dyndns.info/eaw/LuaFiles

I was able to decompile into some kind of assember code...

• 5 months later...

Archived