Home

[AoF] Angels of Fire: A new Jedi order for the ages

IrishDragon

Greetings,

I am IrishDragon the founder and leader of the Angels of Fire.

As stated in the title we are a Jedi clan.

AoF was founded on November 12th 2004 and continues to this day.

We focus on improving our use of the saber (single) as well as our ability to use the lightside of the force (no out of the box DS spam for our members). In order to achieve improvement in these areas the server has been set with default MP damages with saber touch turned on. Force regen is 160 (default is 200 but I feel that CAN be too slow). jetpack is turned off, and grapple is set to a nice speed of 800 (that means no instant grapple for the lazy people, you fall you have one shot to save yourself).

Ranking up through the clan is a difficult proceedure as well. You must achieve the rank {H} (Hopeful) to start your journy, if we see fit, we bump you up to {I} (Initiate). If your levels of maturity, eagerness to learn (or already high in saber/force skills), as well as a positive attitude and personability and presence on the forums and servers meet our expectations you are promoted to the rank of {P} padawan, the first rank of being an official member of the Angels of Fire. From there you may be taken under the wing of a Master of the rank {JK} or higher who will train you and prep you for your 60 duel evaluation, if you pass then you are eligable to take the grueling 180 duel Jedi Knight Trails.

I know, I know, sounds like quite a bit of hardwork, and yes it is. We could post about 'oh yes, come in we are recruiting just about anyone.' However we are looking for exceptional people, not just anyone. We are a close knit group of 30+ and we are also looking into branching into several other games. Currently I've been working on UT2k4, but to no avail, I am far too used to Q3 server set ups :rolleyes:

We also firmly believe in the Jedi Codes which you can find on our website and listed on our forums as well.

We have two 32 player servers. One is an FFA server in which you will often find most of us. The second server is a multifunction server that switches between MBII, siege, CTF, TFFA, and specialty maps.

We also host an LMS match each weekend on saturday at 7pm EST.

The rules of the game are simple. Everyone lines up on the wall in a circle facing inwards, the admin will shout to 'ignite your sabers' (single saber only) and will proceed to shout 'go'. Upon doing so everyone runs into the center and battles it out til the last player is standing. Once you are sabered you are to remain off the pad with your saber down until the next round, also there is no camping on the walls, towers, or boxes. Please bare in mind we are not hesitant to sleep/kick/ban those who can't follow the simplicity of the match.

Our server IP addresses are as follows.

............................AoF Recruiting. 207.210.238.142:29070

............................AoF Inferno. 207.210.238.141:29070

Both servers are professionally run on linux servers based in Texas.

Our website and forum addresses are as follows.

http://www.aof-clan.net

http://s6.invisionfree.com/angels_of_fire

You WILL need to register to view the forums.

Even if you have no interest in joining up with us, or even if you are a part of another clan, we always like seeing new people on the server and posting on the forums. We have people from all over the world who chat with us about JKA, star wars related materials and even non-star wars related materials. So at least come join in and contribute to the conversations or start your own.

Please keep in mind that we also get young folks traveling into the server and forums, so please keep the language and content at an acceptable level.

Happy Gaming to you all.

May the force be with you!

~IrishDragon

Founder/Leader of the Angels of Fire

• 1 month later...

We have also branched out into a free MMORPG called SilkRoad Online.

The download is free, the ability to play on the servers is free.

A few catches though. The servers go down 2am EST tuesday mornings for weekly maintenance and updates. Also, you WILL experience lag during certain times of the day or even in the main towns. The servers ARE in Korea, it's a Korean game, but oddly enough it is all spelled out and done in English, sometimes it looks more like Engrish. But it's still a boat load of fun!

You can download the game at http://www.silkroadonline.net

If you wish to join our guild we require you to be a level 15 player, and your character MUST be on the AEGE server.

I've set aside some sections of the forums for our SRO members (SRO = Silkroad Online).

The guild is a branch of the Angels of Fire, it is called [Fire_Angels]

Check it out and check us out!

http://www.aof-clan.net

~IrishDragon

Archived